Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #556
KTM Deano
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Top post as usual Wez. Thanks of taking the time out to write these for us mate.
KTM Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:05 PM   #557
hady
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
i read 37 pages in 3 days, i was amazed, how you interact with people + language barrier, i used to read GSpot corner, daydreaming about big GS, after reading your RR, the essence is not the bikes but the adventure it self, finding new friends, staying at stranger house etc. i laugh till i fart reading "pooratech" fan!!" "German tanks with their hi-tech targeting systems vs your lob the cannon ball and see where it lands" the biggest bikes i own is kawi KLX250 cost me $4300 (used) in comparison new GS LC $50.000 (new) in my country. i'm looking forward for your RR about meeting the bad guys..

hady screwed with this post 05-30-2014 at 01:38 AM
hady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #558
ferdiepick
n00b

Oddometer: 2
man in the mirror

Love it matey.!!
I had to laugh when I saw the guns and to my amazement the women. Just the sort of thing I've posted in the past.

Looks like a trip of a life time. Did you mod this drz much. I have a drz too.

I've driven from Cambridge to the gambia in a car but am yet to get out of the UK on the bike.

I booked an enduro holiday in my camper towing the drz around Wales for a week before I had even passed my test. I passed 2 weeks before the planned trip.

Looking to head off solo on drz soon

The similarities keep coming haha.
ferdiepick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:28 AM   #559
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM Deano View Post
Top post as usual Wez. Thanks of taking the time out to write these for us mate.
Cheers Deano, so your plans changed now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hady View Post
i read 37 pages in 3 days, i was amazed, how you interact with people + language barrier, i used to read GSpot corner, daydreaming about big GS, after reading your RR, the essence is not the bikes but the adventure it self, finding new friends, staying at stranger house etc. i laugh till i fart reading "pooratech" fan!!" "German tanks with their hi-tech targeting systems vs your lob the cannon ball and see where it lands" the biggest bikes i own is kawi KLX250 cost me $4300 (used) in comparison new GS LC $50.000 (new) in my country. i'm looking forward for your RR about meeting the bad guys..
Thanks for liking the blog and welcome to ADV rider site

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdiepick View Post
Love it matey.!!
I had to laugh when I saw the guns and to my amazement the women. Just the sort of thing I've posted in the past.

Looks like a trip of a life time. Did you mod this drz much. I have a drz too.

I've driven from Cambridge to the gambia in a car but am yet to get out of the UK on the bike.

I booked an enduro holiday in my camper towing the drz around Wales for a week before I had even passed my test. I passed 2 weeks before the planned trip.

Looking to head off solo on drz soon

The similarities keep coming haha.
I will put up a mod list which i did to the DRZ when i am back home, do you have a blog somewhere? would be good read
WesleyDRZ400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #560
KGBz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyDRZ400 View Post
When i checked my wallet in the morning it was full of Turkish money however up until this point i had never been to Turkey.....
That's scary.... I always hate waking up the morning after with more money then when i went out.... My thought is, "OH SH!T! what did I do to earn this money..."

-KGBz
KGBz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #561
SR1
In Western NC

Oddometer: 4,362
in.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #562
brownstoner
....rumbling fool...

Oddometer: 15
Great RR, Wes! I'm going to start reading more about the different republics and the different countries in the region....fascinating!
Old 06-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #563
theycallmetrinity
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Hello, I'm reading your post and already love it. Very humble and down to earth style of travelling! Those big bikes with high tech gear seems like also an unnecessary target for thiefs...the best way to experience the local culture is by blending in as much as possible.

2009 Triumph Thruxton
2013 Kawasaki KLR 650
theycallmetrinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #564
KGBz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
I really like your style of travel and I too hope to conduct a trip like this in South America. I am learning a lot from you as to how to be open and meeting the locals. It's a shame you were robbed, but when you trust people by default, there will be those who take advantage of that. Luckily those people are few and far between.

I can't wait to hear the rest of the report! Cheers

-KGBz
KGBz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #565
KTM Deano
Adventurer

Im still planning to ride to Ukraine but not this year. I'll go next year for sure and take a couple of others with me. They are keen to see what a fantastic country Ukraine is.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:09 AM   #566
US7IGN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyDRZ400 View Post
I am 31 now and all my friends are married and have kids or have kids and are getting married, they work 9-5 normal life with 3-4 weeks holiday a year i go round and see them, i look them in the eyes and see the fire has gone out and this scares me really scares me to be like this, i have friends i work with who are planning bike trips now but for 5 days max because there wifes/GF said that's the limit?!?!
the one who wants - is looking for opportunities, and who do not want - he is looking for excuses.

I'm 34 years old, married and I have two children. last year I bought a motorcycle, got the driving license and drove over 6000 km last summer . and always with me was my wife, who had very afraid of motorcycles. this year, only a war with Russia and lack of money prevents us to drive many miles together on a motorcycle ...

Old 06-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #567
KTM Deano
Adventurer

Whereabouts in Ukraine are you Vlad? Be good to meet up next time I'm there if you want to?
Old 06-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #568
US7IGN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Oh! I'll be happy to meet you at any time! my home in the east, but there is now dangerous. I plan to move to the west - to the capital Kiev or even further - to the Carpathians mountains. Ukraine is a large country - from end to end length of 1500 km.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #569
KTM Deano
Adventurer

Ok cool. I know that things are not great there right now. I will be in Kiev in September
Old 06-19-2014, 02:44 AM   #570
Ratte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Hi,

me to I'm really following this trip, in 1 day at page 28 and i am curious for the rest!

but a question i want to ask, is how long did the total trip take? how many months? and what was you budget you spend? if you hav any idea of this that woud be great!

i want to travel to Nepal or further, from Belgium.
But I want to know if it is do-able with my budget!

i'll read the rest, for sure!
Ratte is offline   Reply With Quote