Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2014, 01:16 AM   #61
Vulfy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Showing my age, but how does it compare to "On Any Sunday"? "On any Sunday" seemed to be just a collection of action footage with some narration. Sure made me want to ride, though.
I love "On any Sunday", I think its an iconic film. It was and wasn't really just a collection of action footage. Narration, goofy jokes, as well covering a lot of different sports of motorcycling back then.

This one was good to watch, but doubt I'll be re-watching it any time soon.
Vulfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:27 PM   #62
Contevita
Cigar Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,769
Just watched Why We Ride in Slidell, LA. Great movie. I think it's a great way to introduce motorcycling to non-riders and new riders, I thought it was well done. I'll be adding this to my collection to movies to purchase.
Contevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:04 AM   #63
Idahodave
Idahodave

Oddometer: 6
Why We Ride

My wife and I saw the movie at Stex Motorsports in Spokane last night and thoroghly enjoyed the show. They had about 40 enthusiasts at the showing from about 8 to 80 years old, male and female and I would say that everyone had a ball. Stex held the event in their loft in amongst an eclectic collection of old and new bikes which added to the experience. It is not On Any Sunday but I think it stands very well on its own. A big thanks to Stex for last night.
Idahodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #64
ggoytia
Mobile Fatso

Oddometer: 189
Very good movie, wife and watched she thought she would be bored but she enjoyed it. Especially the interview with the gent with prosthetic legs.
ggoytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #65
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,728
I just watched the other day as well. Overall very good, I would have liked less racing and more touring....but I was not disappointment.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:39 PM   #66
wardie
2 Wheel Power Hour

Oddometer: 216
Packard Museum

Just wanted to share the 2 Wheel power Hour did their broadcast last Tuesday live from the Packard Museum drawing well over 100 people to watch the MC show , eat some pizza and wings courtesy of Triumph of Warren and watch the movie. It was well attended and everyone came away with a positive impression of the movie.

It was called Why We Ride, not what we ride or On Any Sunday so it should not of been confused with OAS..

That being said I applaud ANYONE who tries to make a positive impact on motorcycling and especially the General public at large. The movie was well done and certainly will have a place in Motorcycle Movies for years to come.

BTW thanks to Bruce Williams , The National Packard Museum and jim Iacozili for making this happen.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #67
kurtzinpa
KurtzInPA

Oddometer: 107
Seen in Sac

Had opportunity to win tickets at Rivercity Beemer club party and saw the flick last month... Yes to many of the above comments about not being how I would have shot it, but, given they had to stick to a budget, they did quite a variety without leaving CA.

I was, at the time, on a photo shoot for the BLM near Barstow at El Mirage Dry Lake and started recognizing scenery in the film. Contacted the producers and, indeed, they shot at El Mirage Dry Lake, including most of the TRAILER! \\

To me the film rates right up there in the category of "no bad sex" and is certain to bring many new families and riders into the fold... much needed in this industry/sport.

If you ever bet the chance to fisit El Mirage Dry Lake, or many of the other CA OHV parks, you will see HUNDREDS of peeps out for the weekend camping with 2,2 and 4-wheel enthusiasts from age 4-90... The little ones are the greatest fun... I met families where Mom, Uncle and two sons were allsuited up in all the gear and taking the woops at full tile... Some families had toddlers and had set up a perimeter of safety cones to manage some traffic control and let the kids learn to ride in a great environment...

Kodos to the producers for getting a couple hours of motorcycle adrenaline on the screen for the American viewing public!
kurtzinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #68
Married Man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
I saw it tonight with a motorcycle friendly crowd. Overall response was positive. It had it's moments but played like a feature-length infomercial for AMA. I would have preferred to have seen more actual speed segments when showing the racing. Seeing slow-motion road racing makes me think I could do it. Seeing it in actual speed destroys that illusion. Don't go expecting a sequel to "On Any Sunday".
Married Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #69
DarkFlames
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Thumbs down Didn't do it for me

Watched "Why We Ride" last night. Mildly entertaining at best. I found the movie lacks structure and that there is too much focus on racing. Gorgeous images though. I'm glad I rented it and didn't buy.
DarkFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #70
otto
UAW

Oddometer: 853
Talking heads, still photos, lots of slo-mo made for a boring mess of a film. I couldn't make it to the end and had to lay 'er down.