Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #46
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
At popotla yes. Depending on the time of day and events. A soccer game means you can't take 20 de Noviembre. Rush hour means no 5 y 10. Coming back north from big events means the 1 to blvd intl will be nuts. Even when I lived in libertad p/alta I would go over to otay to cross in the mornings.
The Coral Marina Hotel gives everyone who stays there a Fast Pass. Once you figure out how to get to the little guard shack it only took about 45 min! Of course I got pulled into secondary for an hour because my name is similar to a "bad guy". Yeah right, my last name is Williams.....there aren't too many of us running around are there?
Old 11-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #47
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,335
Vhat eez theez fast pass?
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #48
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Vhat eez theez fast pass?
http://www.bajabound.com/before/perm...erfastpass.php
Old 12-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #49
tinhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
I met you at Pete's Camp back in 2010 before the 1K.
We share bike philosophies.

It's good to see you still trucking, I haven't managed to get back since then, but I'm only a young buck of 60 and the employer is throwing me out like a bad cat next year 3 weeks before I turn 61, so Thanksgiving in Baja 2014 is looking good.

Hoping we're both still around then and I'll see you again.
tinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #50
Ratman OP
Lucky Rider

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhead View Post
I met you at Pete's Camp back in 2010 before the 1K.

It's good to see you still trucking, I haven't managed to get back since then, but I'm only a young buck of 60 and the employer is throwing me out like a bad cat next year 3 weeks before I turn 61, so Thanksgiving in Baja 2014 is looking good.

Hoping we're both still around then and I'll see you again.
Someday, Tinhead, we will ride together. Yeah I remember that Pete's camp meeting. I rode in there after dark from about 80 miles out on a high idle that limited me to about 20mph....turned out that the C-clip that holds the needle to the diaphragm slider broke. I remember that I bent a piece of bailing wire into a small U shape, hammered it flat with a rock and thin enough to fit in the needles groove. That homade C-clip is still in my DR's carb.

You'll enjoy your early retirement. Get out there under the stars and infront of a camp fire. There's nothing like it.
p.ratfab@gmail.com
Ratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #51
Ratman OP
Lucky Rider

Oddometer: 1,110
Just Curious

I told this story almost a month ago. I prolly finished it up a week after I got back from the Baja 1000. So there's been no additional Trip report part of this thread for several week.

While a thread is being produced there is some interest because it's on the first page, and it stays on the front page because there are some reply and comments which keep it on the front page, and any new comment shows that the thread has had a new reply. Folks think there might be something interesting being said, and so they will view the story again.

So after a week or so a story like mine loses all it's momentum. There's no new action. The story moves down the front page, and after a couple more weeks it moves to the second page. On the second page a story like mine should soon be dead. I mean who 'new' is going to see it?

Well, I'm watching my thread now out of curiosity. I've been getting 10 to 15 view each day the past week....who is viewing this story now that it's off the front page and the Baja 1000 is old news.

I wish I could keep this off the front page of 'Racing', because now there will be some folks check in because there's a new post.

....but if you're reading this story for some other reason than 'that it's freshly on the 1st page again', please let me know how you found this blog after it's no longer fresh and has been dead for a couple weeks.
Email or message me at.... p.ratfab(at)gmail.com
p.ratfab@gmail.com
Ratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #52
FishTaco
urban misfit

Oddometer: 78
Hey Ratman -- great Baja storytelling. Found this thru your post your post on Lalo's rtw thread. A buddy and I were spectating the race this year in the hills west of Sta Catarina and headed toward Heroes when the diff on my old Tundra self destructed. Much wrenching and f words later we limped home on the front driveline after dropping the rear driveshaft and chewing up the rest of the rear diff gears. Sounded like a rock crusher for a couple of miles... Good times!

Keep smiling
FishTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #53
Eagletalon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Hello Ratman!

I also found your RR about Baka through Lalo's "Around the world in 800 days" and I'm glad I found it. Younger guys like me (26) enjoy reading of all the stories you old timers have, especially all the knowledge you all possess. I in my line of work work with old timers all the time and nothing better than hearing all their stories from flying World War II bomber planes, the Great Depression to many more stories that I hold them close to me. Guys like YOU make youngsters like us want to go out and explore the world and do things and see the world from a different perspective. Thanks for sharing Ratman. Hopefully our paths will one day cross so I can sit by the fire listening to some of those good ole stories.

Later
John
Eagletalon is offline   Reply With Quote