User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
RichBMW OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,788
Kahedo seats

I'm thinking of getting a Kahedo sport seat for my new GSW, but haven't seen these on any bikes. Are they any good? Recommended or steer clear? Touratech don't have stock, so I can't see what they are like, in the flesh, its a case of ordering it blind if I want one, and they ain't cheap!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,169
Love Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
I'm thinking of getting a Kahedo sport seat for my new GSW, but haven't seen these on any bikes. Are they any good? Recommended or steer clear? Touratech don't have stock, so I can't see what they are like, in the flesh, its a case of ordering it blind if I want one, and they ain't cheap!

In '07 when I bought my bike I installed a Kahedo XLow seat to get the seat height down. I ride only off road and often on uneven ground....if you flame out and need to "dab" or go over...on a slope my 33" inseam was not enough with stock seat in low position ['07GSA]...

Kahedo is good for 400 mi days even at slow speeds...but again I standup a lot at low speeds....

Overall I give it an "A"
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
Tiz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 616
I like my high/breathable Kahedo but I use a sheepskin in winter or beadrider in summer. Rode to Main from CT and it was fine (and back).

Expensive.

--Kevin
ex-2001 XR400
ex-2002KLR650
Tiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,321
I had one on my 1100. At first I thought it was ridiculously firm. After a week, I thought it was ok. After a month, it was the best seat I've ever had. I'm not sure whether the seat broke in or my ass, but either way . . .
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,210
Can you post a pic of the one you are interested in? I have owned a "sportseat" (the long one-piece seat) for the oil-cooled and it was a brick. I own a LDC comfort low and it is my go to seat for all but street touring. TT doesn't show a sportseat on the website for the LC.
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
RichBMW OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Can you post a pic of the one you are interested in? I have owned a "sportseat" (the long one-piece seat) for the oil-cooled and it was a brick. I own a LDC comfort low and it is my go to seat for all but street touring. TT doesn't show a sportseat on the website for the LC.
Here you go:

http://www.motorcycle-luggage-shop.c..._standard.html
Old 11-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Damn. Looks good. That is a totally different seat than anything previously offered. Good luck! Somebody has to be first!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #8
RichBMW OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Damn. Looks good. That is a totally different seat than anything previously offered. Good luck! Somebody has to be first!
I've ordered one, 4-6 week lead time, so should arrive the same time as the bike! Will update once it's here.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
Cobrastyle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
I had one on my 1100. At first I thought it was ridiculously firm. After a week, I thought it was ok. After a month, it was the best seat I've ever had. I'm not sure whether the seat broke in or my ass, but either way . . .
Thanks for posting that. I just got the extra low seat from Touratech last week and can flat-foot both feet now, which is what I was going for. I do notice the seat is very hard in comparison to the stock seat, but after riding for an hour I had no pain or hot spots. I couldn't figure why, but am glad to hear that either the seat will break in or my butt will.

Leaving for a 6 day trip on Saturday which should expedite the break-in period...

I hope.
Cobrastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #10
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrastyle View Post
Thanks for posting that. I just got the extra low seat from Touratech last week and can flat-foot both feet now, which is what I was going for. I do notice the seat is very hard in comparison to the stock seat, but after riding for an hour I had no pain or hot spots. I couldn't figure why, but am glad to hear that either the seat will break in or my butt will.

Leaving for a 6 day trip on Saturday which should expedite the break-in period...

I hope.
An added benefit is that if you use a Beadrider, the extra firmness of the Kahedo seat ensure you get the full circulation effect of the beads on hot summer days.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #11
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,169
Agreed..Not Like My Xtra Low..See Below

Quote:

See these images for the seat I bought in '07 [see my previous post above]...the seat shown really allows "boots on the ground"...mine is the single seat shown in mostly the first few images and then in later photos...two tone Blk/Gry...in fact the 2nd and 11th photos are of my bike...before I took the hard cases off!

https://www.google.com/search?q=kahedo+extra+low+seat&rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS437US437&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=UqCOUtzWL6qpiQKauoDoCQ&ved=0CFcQsAQ&biw=1017&bih=842
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #12
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Kahedo seats

I have the all black TT low (comfort rider seat LDC) and have owned the long sportseat. If the sportseat was constructed like my low, it would be perfect . I am hoping for this fella this new seat is just that.

slowoldguy screwed with this post 11-21-2013 at 05:19 PM
Old 11-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #13
Botch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrastyle View Post
I do notice the seat is very hard in comparison to the stock seat, but after riding for an hour I had no pain or hot spots. I couldn't figure why, but am glad to hear that either the seat will break in or my butt will.
Someone said on another thread awhile ago that hard seats are actually more comfortable on long rides, and they cited the fact that cowboys ride on hard saddles all day long to no ill effect (other than bad campfire music).
I bought the Kahedo "Hot weather/Tall" seat, and it was comfortable to me on short jaunts but couldn't go for more than a couple hours. I then got the "Seat Concepts" mod, and could ride on that for 8-hour days (when the arthritis in my knees/wrists start dictating ) and that seat is kinda soft! It does allow a bit of moving around, which helps, but it gets incredibly hot in the sun, and because I ride from building to building quite a bit in my job, I may slip the Kahedo (much cooler in the hot sun) back on next summer, give it another try.
Botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #14
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Oddometer: 934
I had a TT/Kahedo LDC "High" seat on my '12 GS/A. Spectacular seat, super comfortable for all-day (1,000 + miles) riding.

Don't know if it'll fit a '13, but mine is for sale.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
PaperBoy
Dig that Crazy Beak

Oddometer: 343
Like mine on the R1100GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
I have the tall (one piece) on my R11GS and had basically the same results as Yeti, just wish mine was the extra tall. Thought I had a straight across trade for the taller one w/ a fellow inmate, but it fell through. I was worried that it was too hard, but it seems to work for me -- I do keep an Alaska sheepskin buttpad on year around. Would like to try the breathable TT one, but I don't think it's available for my bike.
BMWMOA #142415
Valley BMW Riders member "Bigfoot"
PaperBoy is online now   Reply With Quote