Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2005, 04:57 PM   #31
yater OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke
Ojo Caliente is nice. My wife and I ride there a couple of times a year. Be quiet, though. Last year we stayed in the cabins, and someone complained about our loud bike pulling in at 7 pm. I ride a stock ST1100....
Andy has been in the middle of some restructuring this year which includes some staff changes and LOTS of construction improvements. You won't hear anymore complaining about bikes...he rides. I think the private pools are relatively new...you HAVE to check them out next time you go
yater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:37 AM   #32
brecchi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
hey yater. i'm curious to know how the rest of the ride home was from when you last posted. i just got my cast removed and rode the nighthawk for the first time the other day. what a feeling. rode at night from my folks in maryland to brooklyn last night and it felt great. when im out there next month i'll tell you all about my mexico trip and bring some pics. looking forward to hanging out and messing with bikes. glad you got to get away and ride, the trip seemed like a blast.
brecchi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:58 AM   #33
manfromthestix
Lost in Space

Oddometer: 2,084
Nice ride report! I grew up and learned to ride in New Mexico and have been to many of the places in your photos. Way the hell fun! I don't think there's any better riding area than the high mountians surrounded by desert. A lot of Wyoming is like that, but the deserts here aren't the same, no big cacti.

My older brother learned to ride at the same time I did in NM, but after blasting through a six foot tall cholla cactus at 40 mph he kinda lost interest. He had big gobs of detached cholla stuck all over him, pinned his gloves to his hands and his clothes to his body. We had to take him to the emergency room where the cactus hunks were removed under general anaesthesia. He was a sad dog for weeks after that, can't blame him for being a little turned off of motorcycling. I was cool with it though, it gave me more time on the bike without having to compete with him for it !

Doug
manfromthestix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #34
LaOutbackTrail
Certified Smartass

Oddometer: 5,058
I thought i might bring up this report again and tell you, yater, that you might be right about New Mexico.... I might have to go check it out some time soon. Get your damn bike and lets go!
LaOutbackTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:58 PM   #35
spoon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Nm ?

Just a quick reply to all. The riding in NM is terrible. I would not recommend it to anyone (even my worst enemy). There are so many much better places, so I would suggest for your own sanity not even getting a NM map.
spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #36
LaOutbackTrail
Certified Smartass

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon
Just a quick reply to all. The riding in NM is terrible. I would not recommend it to anyone (even my worst enemy). There are so many much better places, so I would suggest for your own sanity not even getting a NM map.
Yeah. You should come checkout the mountains and streams of Louisiana. Its a bikers paradise!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #37
Oldone
One day at a time!

Oddometer: 634
Too Late??

I have a question for dirt riders.....I've ridden road bikes for 50 yrs. on and off and now at 70 yrs. old and with a scrunched up back and shoulder, I'm getting the bug to try out a dual bike about this size. I'm not so much interested in the high tech stuff, just mainly dirt roads of various maintenance. Can an old, messed up grand-dad have any fun out there or is it too late? Thanks much.....

Oldone
Oldone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #38
LaOutbackTrail
Certified Smartass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldone View Post
I have a question for dirt riders.....I've ridden road bikes for 50 yrs. on and off and now at 70 yrs. old and with a scrunched up back and shoulder, I'm getting the bug to try out a dual bike about this size. I'm not so much interested in the high tech stuff, just mainly dirt roads of various maintenance. Can an old, messed up grand-dad have any fun out there or is it too late? Thanks much.....

Oldone
You might start your own thread in another part of the forum to get better answers, but I'd like to say its never too late. Just remember your body can't heal as well as it used to.

One of my best riding companions is 74.... but he's been riding since before you were born ;)