User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
1st 1190R in Ushuaia:))

Made it and most likely the first ever 1190 all the way south.

5500km from Bs.Ar. 12500 on the clock. What a blast the bike has been so far. Not missed a beat. Runs like a rocket even 2up, makes overtaking sooo much fun, just impossible to hold back. The Wings exhaust is marvelous...BUAAAAAP:))
With the right suspension settings it holds the road very well, unlike some solo 1200 beemers I passed humping up and down like riding with spring alone!:))
Done about 1200k's on the gravel roads so far, usually drop the front to 2.1 (TKC80) bar and rear 2.8 bar (Heidenau, 6500k's total on them and pretty beaten up after the gravel, lots off cracks in between the grooves some carcas showing in some spots even tough the have another 3000k's or so tread left). Front grips really well on the gravel and the bike feels light and quick like any dirt bike to flick in between tracks. Just push her down, open the throttle and job done...2up, really? Bit of drifting exiting some corners maybe...2up, really?:))
Avg. fuel consumption 6.6l/100km over the 5500k's not holding back on the Nationales cruising 120-135 and not going light accelerating. With no wind consumption drops to about 5.3-5.5L and with wind, most off the time...to 7-7.5L
Added about 500ml oil over 8000k's. Pretty happy with that considering the stress riding 2 up and most off it in 25knot wind.

So yeah, never a boring moment on the 1190.
Heated powerpart seat been really good for me. Very compfy but gets hot too quickly even in low setting and more for gf than me.
Only negative I find so far is the damn side stand. The bike doesn't stay up right with the luggage on???!!! so have to pop her on the center stand most of the time. Serious design mistake...and yeah blinkers not water proof...

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/Morphy101/slideshow/

Corsica101 screwed with this post 02-12-2014 at 05:50 AM
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:19 PM   #2
ViperJustin
Aerial Gunner

Oddometer: 554
Congratulations!!!!
08 MegaMoto #99529
ViperJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:28 AM   #3
IgorBorisenko
adventurer

Oddometer: 28
A very inspiring post! It is one of my life dreams actually :
When could we expect the full story?
Do you live in BsAs?

IgorBorisenko screwed with this post 02-12-2014 at 02:37 AM
IgorBorisenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:46 AM   #4
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorBorisenko View Post
A very inspiring post! It is one of my life dreams actually :
When could we expect the full story?
Do you live in BsAs?
Hi Igor...spaciba:). You should do it...what a fantastic country Argentina is, it is absolutely stunning. The scenery is breath taking, every day is another amazing ride with as much off road as you like. Just the constant wind makes it hard to camp and tricky to stay on the gravel roads sometimes:).
I wouldn't want to do it with any other bike either!

I, used to:), live in Spain and I shipped my bike to BsAr. I was waiting for it almost for a month! Shipping got delayed in Barcelona and in the end I told them to send it to Germany to have another company deal with it. Hopeless to get something done in Spain these days. People just don't care. Here in Argentina things are just the other way around, I've travelled a lot and never met such helpful people, they always go out of their way to help! I couldn't believe it, took 30' to get my bike cleared and out off the dispatch place...so easy and then they had somebody ready to help me to put the bike together in case I needed help and an older person working there offered me drinks since it was a very hot day. I can't say enough about the Argentinians. Just pity for them their government is useless.

I did start a bit of report but it's so hard to do it after the rides!:) so I just post pics for everybody to enjoy, when there is good WiFi. Pretty bad from half way down Argentina.

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/Morphy101/slideshow/

Corsica101 screwed with this post 02-12-2014 at 06:01 AM
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:07 AM   #5
bigboyxl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Fantastic!!! congratulations!
you are the man
waiting for the Ride Report
very interesting to read about bike preparation and bike shipping details!
also, how did your carbon heat cover performed in long term test?
Nomada panniers, Holan crashbars, Remus silencers etc. Worldwide shipping. Better deals for ADVriders
bigboyxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:33 AM   #6
crushing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Congrats!
crushing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #7
QuicoRR
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Felicidades!!!!
QuicoRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #8
Telkwa7
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Well done and real good to read your write up. My wife and I will be riding there next fall on our 1190 with Holans and Wings shorty, before flying with bike from BA to Sydney as part of our rtw.
Telkwa7 is offline   Reply With Quote