ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #226
dragos
Belzebut
 
dragos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Europe (Romania, Germany, UK)
Oddometer: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie264 View Post
Then why was GSpot split and Parallel Universe created ? Perhaps you could explain that to us all?
I already did, few pages ago. My posts are there to read.

The amount of intentional ill-will shown by some people on this thread in actually trying to understand an obvious decision is appalling.

For all the macho attitude displayed by all the hardcore, manly possessors of mighty offroad beasts towards people interested in lesser, newer machines, you sure behave like a bunch of prima-donnas.
Or just like a bunch of spoiled kids that will cry until they get their toys, no matter what.
dragos is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #227
NKL OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Kent, England
Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragos View Post
I already did, few pages ago. My posts are there to read.

The amount of intentional ill-will shown by some people on this thread in actually trying to understand an obvious decision is appalling.

For all the macho attitude displayed by all the hardcore, manly possessors of mighty offroad beasts towards people interested in lesser, newer machines, you sure behave like a bunch of prima-donnas.
Or just like a bunch of spoiled kids that will cry until they get their toys, no matter what.
Sorry but it's not an obvious decision, in fact it's the complete opposite, BMW has two Boxer sections and the one of them is split again into two sections yet we keep hearing the same rhetoric that OC can't be split, duel standards me thinks.
Come on what's the real reason, money, laziness or other?
NKL is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #228
charlie264
Beastly Adventurer
 
charlie264's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Blighty
Oddometer: 8,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragos View Post
I already did, few pages ago. My posts are there to read.

The amount of intentional ill-will shown by some people on this thread in actually trying to understand an obvious decision is appalling.

For all the macho attitude displayed by all the hardcore, manly possessors of mighty offroad beasts towards people interested in lesser, newer machines, you sure behave like a bunch of prima-donnas.
Or just like a bunch of spoiled kids that will cry until they get their toys, no matter what.
That's absolutely ridiculous, how is simplifying the thread, making it easier for people to search and share experiences. How is this appalling exactly?

I have phoned the nearest dealer to arrange a test ride, if I decide to purchase, it certainly wont change my mind for a split, but endorse it.

Explain the benefits of not splitting the thread? That should be your argument, not spewing amateur psychology.
__________________
Beauty is truth and truth is beauty.
Charlie's Side Stand Relocator.
charlie264 is online now  
Old 01-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #229
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer
 
crazybrit's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 8,550
Don't read this the wrong way, I actually like the idea of a split ....... but I'm not sure I agree with peoples logic here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevgriff64 View Post
then V-Strom owners would be jumping up and down until they were split.
I don't get the V-Strom comment. What are you trying to say? The DL650 and DL1000 are very similar bikes. Far more similar than the KTM 9x0 and 1190.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevgriff64 View Post
How long before every DR/KLR/690/640/XR/Tenere etc owner would be asking for their own forums?
Dunno. Wasn't baldy advocating for a split in Thumpers himself? Seems to have gone nowhere. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872793

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie264 View Post
Then why was GSpot split and Parallel Universe created ? Perhaps you could explain that to us all?
Because the F800 was a totally different bike than the boxers. Way more difference than the 9x0 vs 1190. Fact is that the 1190 is still an LC8 motor.

Fact is, for good or bad, Advrider doesn't split often. If you read baldy's thread above, a lot of people like this fact, they specifically don't like tons of splits because then you end up with KTMTalk or worse, Thumpertalk.

The argument that the 1190R is really a "street" bike and therefore not welcome in OC because it's not dirty is pretty funny.
crazybrit is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 02:54 PM   #230
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs
 
nevgriff64's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 13,734
Charlie,

I've asked the question in the Mod lounge, the decision was made that Orange Crush WILL NOT be split. Time to let it go and move on.

Cheers.
nevgriff64 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #231
vasculopath
You're not your bike
 
vasculopath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Santa Fe
Oddometer: 364
Why gspot is split

All right you knuckleheads, it aint gonna happen but you should know your history. GSPOT was never split. When the F800GS came out it was in Beasts for about a year or more, and because of it's popularity, it was pretty much taking over that Forum. It's engine configuration is vastly different from the Boxer GS, hence, parallel universe. The older F650GS is still in beasts.

If the 1190 was an inline four, it would make more sense to split. If KTM comes out with an adventure oriented 700 cc triple or some such thing, it would go to beast for a while, and if it took over beasts, then maybe like the F800 it would get moved in, and OC would get divvied.

If you're gonna use the GSPOT analogy, use it correctly...
vasculopath is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #232
charlie264
Beastly Adventurer
 
charlie264's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Blighty
Oddometer: 8,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevgriff64 View Post
Charlie,

I've asked the question in the Mod lounge, the decision was made that Orange Crush WILL NOT be split. Time to let it go and move on.

Cheers.
My opinion, I was not the one calling for a split, but it makes logical sense.
__________________
Beauty is truth and truth is beauty.
Charlie's Side Stand Relocator.
charlie264 is online now  
Old 01-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #233
murph76
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Oddometer: 174
split the oc

split it
murph76 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #234
Boatman
Take me down bitch!
 
Boatman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Petersburg, NY and Woodbridge, VA
Oddometer: 10,165


__________________
08 KTM 950 SE, 09 KTM 950 SE, 04 KTM 950 ADV, 10 Husaberg FE390, 66 Kawasaki B8S Super 150

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 04:10 PM   #235
nomad guy
A legal alien
 
nomad guy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Stranded in Berkeley, CA
Oddometer: 813
Are we there yet ?

__________________
Cheers
Guy

04 KTM ADV 950S GO!!!!!
09 KTM 690 ENDURO R
nomad guy is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #236
veesquared
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Center of the Smokies
Oddometer: 125
Yes we are

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad guy View Post
Are we there yet ?

About two pages ago.
__________________
KTM 1190 KTM 690 E KTM 200 Exc
veesquared is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #237
charlie264
Beastly Adventurer
 
charlie264's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Blighty
Oddometer: 8,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by veesquared View Post
About two pages ago.
Yep we are there, do as we say............
__________________
Beauty is truth and truth is beauty.
Charlie's Side Stand Relocator.
charlie264 is online now  
Old 01-14-2014, 11:35 PM   #238
nomad guy
A legal alien
 
nomad guy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Stranded in Berkeley, CA
Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by veesquared View Post
About two pages ago.
Crap!
__________________
Cheers
Guy

04 KTM ADV 950S GO!!!!!
09 KTM 690 ENDURO R
nomad guy is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 03:52 AM   #239
Yascher
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Yascher's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Oddometer: 388
one can only separate apples, peaches and tomatoes from oranges, there is no further small orange-big orange separation necessary))))))
Yascher is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 06:45 AM   #240
nomad guy
A legal alien
 
nomad guy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Stranded in Berkeley, CA
Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yascher View Post
there is no further small orange-big orange separation necessary))))))
.
__________________
Cheers
Guy

04 KTM ADV 950S GO!!!!!
09 KTM 690 ENDURO R
nomad guy is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014