ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
kjclark7 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
kjclark7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 1,231
Pitster Pro Electric Bike

i'm not sure where I should place this but i'm looking for any feedback on the pister pro electric bike.
here's the link to their site
http://www.pitsterpro.com/bike/overview/id/61

$599.00

Pitster Pro XJ-Electric







Quiet operation and low seat height make this the perfect trainer motorcycle. Pro style look and feel will make your little guys not only look good but teach them the skills needed to advance to the next level!
Features:
  • Aggressive All Terrain Tires
  • Custom Alloy Wheels
  • Gripper Seat Cover
  • Ultra Flex Plastics
  • 3m graphics package
  • Frame guards
  • Full coverage chain and sprocket guard
  • Full size motorcycle features
  • Kick Stand
  • MX style geometry for proper learning
  • No carburetors to jet!
  • No hot exhaust!
  • No oil or gas required!
  • Rare earth neodymium magnet motors
  • Three-speed parental limit-lock function
  • Twist and go operation
  • Virtually silent operation
Basics
ManufacturerPitster Pro
ModelXJ-E
MSRP$599
Available ColorsWhite
Engine
Battery500 Watt 24 Volt
Drive TrainEnclosed Chain
Motor500W Rare Earth - Neodymium Magnet Motor
Transmission3 Speed w/ parental control switch
Chassis and Dimensions
Curb Weight43 Lbs
FrameChromoly frame with battery cradle
Ground Clearance6"
Overall Width22" inch at handle bars
Seat Height18.5 inches
Suspension
FrontInverted alloy
RearAdjustable pre-load rear shock
SwingarmPro Style
Travel2.5" Front/2.5" Rear
Wheels and Tires
Front Tire2.5 x 10"
Front Wheel1.85 x 10"
Rear Tire2.5 x 10"
Rear Wheel1.85 x 10"
Brakes
Front BrakeDisc Rotor w/ Hand controls
Rear BrakeDisc Rotor w/ Hand controls
Additional Features
Charge Time4 to 6 hours
InstrumentationPower settings, battery life
Run Time1.25 to 2.5 hours
Top SpeedLimited at 1)4.5mph 2)9.5mph 3)16mph
Triple ClampsMX style
Warranty6 month (Limited Factory Warranty)



the bike seems very interesting and for the price, kinda hard to beat. unless its a piece of crap, it looks like its a good deal.

i'm want to get something for my kids and been looking at the oset bikes (on the pricey side and hard to find) and the pw50. was really looking at the pw until I came across this bike.

so I hope someone on here has seen or even has one of these pitster bikes to comment on how they are made, how well they hold up, etc. thanks again.
__________________
2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2008 Yamaha FZ-6
1983 BMW R100RS
2013 KTM 350 XCF-W
kjclark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
Dirtmongrel
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Corruption Central, we call it NJ
Oddometer: 688
boy that looks like fun, wish they made one based on 12/14 inch wheel combo for us adult kids

Trapani's in Waretown sells Pitster Pro bikes and gets parts for them too, Maybe he'll give you an honest judgement

http://shop.pitsterpro.com/racepitbikes/mini-bikes.aspx this link says $449

Dirtmongrel screwed with this post 11-27-2013 at 04:19 AM
Dirtmongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #3
jeffjones
"offroad shit"
 
jeffjones's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Bahama
Oddometer: 157
I dealt with pitster pro's at a pitbike racing level back a few years and no matter what the shotty quality and inferior metals gave us problem after problem.
i'd put a year or so lifespan on the batts and electronics on a good day and maybe a couple months if produced on a bad day..
__________________
Blah
jeffjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #4
kjclark7 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
kjclark7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
I dealt with pitster pro's at a pitbike racing level back a few years and no matter what the shotty quality and inferior metals gave us problem after problem.
i'd put a year or so lifespan on the batts and electronics on a good day and maybe a couple months if produced on a bad day..
what exactly went bad on the bikes? i'm not looking for a racing level, i'm looking for a 4/6 year old first bike level.
__________________
2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2008 Yamaha FZ-6
1983 BMW R100RS
2013 KTM 350 XCF-W
kjclark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
FootDoc
Gas it
 
FootDoc's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 104
Neighbor's kid has one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Razor-MX650-Ro...keywords=mx650

Hes been beating the crap out of it for a year. Apparently it still works, thing is outside every day.
FootDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
kjclark7 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
kjclark7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootDoc View Post
Neighbor's kid has one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Razor-MX650-Ro...keywords=mx650

Hes been beating the crap out of it for a year. Apparently it still works, thing is outside every day.
this bike seems to be bigger and heavier than the others. also it doesn't mention the seat height. my son can fit on a pw50 but not a crf50. so something with a seat height of 18-20 inches is max. thanks for passing the info along though.
__________________
2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2008 Yamaha FZ-6
1983 BMW R100RS
2013 KTM 350 XCF-W
kjclark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
mrxinpa
Just Get Out and Ride !!!
 
mrxinpa's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: NEPA Right at Base of Blue Mountain Ski Area .5 mi
Oddometer: 1,502
My Boyz (3&4yrs) both have PW50 w/training wheels but we may pick up a couple of these next season to knock around in the local parks etc.

http://osetbikes.com/us/
__________________
02 DL1000
03 KTM 450exc
95 WR250(2smoke)
80 CB900 Custom(Restoring)
mrxinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
jeffjones
"offroad shit"
 
jeffjones's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Bahama
Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjclark7 View Post
what exactly went bad on the bikes? i'm not looking for a racing level, i'm looking for a 4/6 year old first bike level.
quality typical of china.. enough said...

fit and finish, electronics will be inferior, metal will be inferior, batteries will be inferior.. pitster pro as a company sucks and doesn't stand behind anything if they can get away with it.
__________________
Blah
jeffjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #9
kjclark7 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
kjclark7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxinpa View Post
My Boyz (3&4yrs) both have PW50 w/training wheels but we may pick up a couple of these next season to knock around in the local parks etc.

http://osetbikes.com/us/

hard to find a used oset though.
__________________
2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2008 Yamaha FZ-6
1983 BMW R100RS
2013 KTM 350 XCF-W
kjclark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #10
Navin
Beastly Adventurer
 
Navin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 7,190
I saw one, Bergenfield NJ! 99% sure it is the Oset. There is a lawn mower type shop about a block or two west of the railroad tracks on Main St. I think it is used. If you need better directions PM me. I'm not close right now or I'd stop there for you.
Navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #11
Navin
Beastly Adventurer
 
Navin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 7,190
Ah, got it for you. Google street view 89 West Main Street, Bergenfield, NJ. It is the shop across from the gas station, north side of the street. They had the bike out in a line of used stuff. Probably ready to give it away.

Good luck.
Navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #12
jimmr
Beastly Adventurer
 
jimmr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 1,249
Was browsing a M/C magazine here in Scotland and came across a short review of Kuberg electric bikes, the link given was http://www.harglo-performance.com/, but a search shows they have dealers in the US: http://us.kuberg.com/, the nearest one is in Queens. They have 3 models which span age ranges 2-5, 5-10, and 5-12. The review didn't have any kids on hand to actually try them, but the bottom line was "A quieter alternative to a Yamaha PW50".
jimmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
kjclark7 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
kjclark7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin View Post
Ah, got it for you. Google street view 89 West Main Street, Bergenfield, NJ. It is the shop across from the gas station, north side of the street. They had the bike out in a line of used stuff. Probably ready to give it away.

Good luck.

thanks for the heads up Navin. I just can't get over that way any time soon. can anyone in the Bergenfield area snap a pic of the bike for me?
__________________
2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2008 Yamaha FZ-6
1983 BMW R100RS
2013 KTM 350 XCF-W
kjclark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
kjclark7 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
kjclark7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmr View Post
Was browsing a M/C magazine here in Scotland and came across a short review of Kuberg electric bikes, the link given was http://www.harglo-performance.com/, but a search shows they have dealers in the US: http://us.kuberg.com/, the nearest one is in Queens. They have 3 models which span age ranges 2-5, 5-10, and 5-12. The review didn't have any kids on hand to actually try them, but the bottom line was "A quieter alternative to a Yamaha PW50".

thanks jim. just looking them up now.
__________________
2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2008 Yamaha FZ-6
1983 BMW R100RS
2013 KTM 350 XCF-W
kjclark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #15
Tammy
Team 2nd Wind
 
Tammy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: NJ, Bergen Co..
Oddometer: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjclark7 View Post
thanks for the heads up Navin. I just can't get over that way any time soon. can anyone in the Bergenfield area snap a pic of the bike for me?
Its a spider 160 I know the guy selling it he's my landscaper and he's asking $900 for it looks pretty clean
__________________
08 WR250F
07 G650 X Challenge
Bergen Co, NJ
AMA / CJCR / ECEA
In a world that what we want is only what we want until it's ours
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014