Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #16
LTKernel
jack of all trades

Oddometer: 20
So at the risk of sounding like a special ed, I just have to swap the wires/spades on ACC2? I have that same issue described at the beginning of this thread.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #17
offworlder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Lots of previous chatter about this: KTM heated grips are crap, and the controller is always the failure:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...6#post21277866

I've also tried Symtec (under grip radiators), which are a hassle to install, and aren't all that warm.

I'm currently running the AME grips: http://amegrips.com/category/catalog...eoffroadheated
While I haven't had much time with them - and they aren't as warm as the KTMs were (when they worked !) they are innovative in that the grip requires no glue, is same size/pattern as stock grips, each grip is detachable (via a socket connector), independently adjustable, and they come with a variety of throttle cams to match the bike's cam.
I've read other inmates reviews that state they didn't last, we'll see….
offworlder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #18
Sikorsky
The Man.

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by borborygmus View Post
thanks ogre1 - just figured it out myself. I feel like ass-wipe but those instructions fail to tell you to cross the wires, although when you think about it, it only makes sense.
A little support from ktm- hardparts wooda been nice!
Looking at this thread after installing my KTM Hardparts grips. It took me a few tries to figure out what borborymus meant ........

The wee KTM provided schematic is tough to read, especially when you're too lazy to walk into the house and grab your reading glasses. There are 2 wires from each grip. One plugs into the power harness, the other plugs into ground harness. Once you put on the reading glasses you see that the wires in the schematic cross. Thankfully only 10 minutes were killed figuring this one out, and yes a facepalm was self administered.
Sikorsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #19
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,189
Timely thread for us, I have a soggy warm n safe left grip so are replacing them with the Oxfords, we have the heatroller variable unit which works very well.

Do any of you electro techs know if this combo will work or if we need to put on the controller that comes with them?

Thanks gents
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #20
Vince
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
Andy take care that the Oxford controller doesn't separate the top from the bottom,mine has a cable tie around it after it happened.Still works OK though.The LEDs that show the temp are bloody hard to read in sunlight.You need to hold the buttons down for 3 sec to work them,easy to not read the directions and miss that.Plus they wont turn on unless they see 12 volts,sometimes that means engine start before you can turn them on.Not a bad gadget but finicky to use.I add foam grip puppy's over the grips,they are pretty hard standard,that makes them a bit thick but much nicer to hold and the heat still comes through.I
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:29 AM   #21
Black Hills
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 694
double check to make sure they are wired right. one spade to + one to - from each grip. it is very easy to hook one grip to + and the other to - , which will cause the problem you are explaining. don't ask how I know..
Black Hills is offline   Reply With Quote