User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
jacksonracingcomau OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Jacksonracing's new rainsuit

Most probably know we've been making bike gear for years, mostly leather and a lot in rooskin, A few members have our Espresso rooskin gloves, one of my personal favourites.
But for 40 years the perfect rainsuit has eluded me, this is pre-production WON-Z suit, vid of how quickly it goes on here. If anyone has ideas of how to make it faster or better, please discuss on here.
To cut to the chase it is not to be a crashing garment, it's for visibility and weather protection only, how it survives crashing very secondary, how it survives wear and tear much much more important.It is small enough to take everywhere.
What people wear as crash protection goes underneath, in our case , leather but safety jacket / pressure suit and MX pants also become cold / wet road gear with just this suit. Off again when it gets hot.
http://jacksonracing.com.au/videos/WON-Z%20demo.htm

mods, I don't know how to embed video, if link is seen as unsporting please embed the vid for me, Thanks
jacksonracingcomau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
tomboy
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Looked easy to put on - no falling over trying to get boots down the leg whilst standing on one foot. As long as it really is waterproof it would interest me.
tomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
CleanHen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Looks like a great design, very quick to get into!
CleanHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:58 AM   #4
toecutta
06 R1200GS Adventure

Oddometer: 112
Thumb

toecutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #5
sb_250y
Safari Finisher 2011

Oddometer: 167
How long until these are available?
11 ZX14
70 R5 + 73 RD350
sb_250y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
jacksonracingcomau OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks all Got another couple of q's by pm, answers and replies at end-- read from bottom up but last brings in another one, it is most definitely designed and tested in Australia specifically for Vic style 4 seasons in one day riding but stitched off shore for many reasons, cost being the most obvious. The 3 suits with similar ideas (but with way too much shit) Dainese 360R Aerostitch RCL and BMW Coverall also made in Asia, just the way it is. I tested these first before going on with my improvements.
I do not need or want the ag of running a factory here but the buck stops at my door, I am the quality controller, that's my job. My work is very tough, it entails endless hours on motorbikes to prove my products, but that's what I do, c'est la vie. Other manufacturers apparently don't do this, the bright spark who decided waterproof layers go under the jacket has never stopped in a downpour to put wets on, but they sell them to people who will find out!

tomboy Looked easy to put on - no falling over trying to get boots down the leg whilst standing on one foot. As long as it really is waterproof it would interest me.

This is, of course, it's primary function and why I must delay sales till satisfied. It passed the Barry Way in pissing rain test first time worn and a couple of other big storms. Wore it in London drizzle in November, happy so far. But having it on board seems to make the sun come out !!!
Another vid of testing below but we all know real rain for hours at speed is comparable only by walking into the sea, so I will. Am close to beach and it's warming up now, will try to do it this week, vid recording for sure.
Like all Cordura, it will need spray with stuff to stop water pooling but certainly not every week.

Pressure washer test here
http://jacksonracing.com.au/videos/W...id-desktop.m4v

From Private message but relevant to all (start at end)

Would agree with your comments in that those things can become fiddly and cause one to fall over while hopping around on one leg.

Your KISS principle sounds like the best way to go, especially when dealing with fickle adv riders! :)

Good luck and hope it works out good for you, the more Oz made gear the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonracingcomau
Cheers

My problem with velcro is it sticks when trying to put suit on, I loosely based this on Dainese 360R with velcro flaps everywhere, I nearly fell over every time I put it on as legs stuck back together !!
Point is valid but would be press stud if I did it, def not for me personally, I'd leave strap undone in hurry to go. Then it would catch on something.

2 way leg zip gave me similar problem, first time it really pissed down I got wet leg from leaving top zip very slightly undone. User error for sure but the very nature of putting it on quickly leaves room for mistakes. KISS theory in practise, no vents for same reason. Just take it off, quickly.
Pocket for wallet / keys on chest-- two on next, one for bag and strap that keeps it in bundle to put in bag

Have a few people testing for me inc the mrs & I, I want to be very thorough with as much input as possible, hoping for a production run during this summer but I'd rather wait till 100% convinced than fail in market by releasing too soon.
Martin

Quote:
Private Message
Your design looks good.

What do you think of a small tab at the bottom of each leg/zip area that pulls back over the zip head and is fastened by Velcro?

I have this on my Northface Goretex pants and it takes pressure off of the zip head and seems to protect it from damage and snagging off road.

Are the leg zips two way, able to open from top and bottom?

I hope you can make sense of my description.

What is your time frame for release to sale?

jacksonracingcomau screwed with this post 12-02-2013 at 03:36 PM Reason: Edited to remove identification of PM author
Old 01-16-2014, 01:15 AM   #7
jacksonracingcomau OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Can't actually seal neck, wrists and ankles but not meant to be an underwater drysuit , material & zips pass the test, click for vid

http://jacksonracing.com.au/images/WONZ/MVI_seajump.m4v

I tried to simulate what southern Yanks (oxymoron, I know) and northern Aussies ride in today, of course it doesn't rain hot here , southern Vic
But we do get stinkin hot, was out for 50 miles in this today, no warmer than in anything else except perforated, only traffic lights gave me gyp.

Actually far hotter sitting at my office desk typing this, sweat dripping down glasses.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:22 PM   #8
Tomdog
Mapaholic

Oddometer: 311
Great looking piece of kit.
Love those fully zipped legs. Iv'e got a set of fully zipped ADV pants. So quick and easy to get off and on with boots etc.
Keep up the good work.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:01 PM   #9
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,444
Any prices and availability on these yet?

They really do look the goods.
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:25 PM   #10
jacksonracingcomau OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevgriff64 View Post
Any prices and availability on these yet?

They really do look the goods.
First production run ready by end Feb/early March
$500 +$20 post in OZ but guaranteed only for this run,

email order with size
ie height / weight and sizes in gear to fit over.
This is important, I wasn't expecting it but had query from inmate about fitting over BMW Rallye Suit, this is a bulky thing, will need at least one size up from wearing over light clothing. Size over the most you want to wear !

If you wear safety jacket (pressure suit etc etc) and MX pants or mesh /perforated jacket & fancy jeans or leather pants, I'd suggest just carry the WON-Z and wear merino underwear in very cold. Keep it all light and small.

Biggest we've made so far is to fit over 46 (Euro 56) jacket and 38 pants
Next will include over 50 (60) and 42

Same for smallest (mine), currently to fit over 38/40 32/34, not sure if we really have market for smaller here but can do

Ladies one in vid (Mrs Jackson) size 12, not sure how many girl's sizes to make .

I'll get back to anyone with confirmation and payment details this week

Other details I've been asked
Weight: approx 1.4Kg depending on size
Packs down easily to 1' long 6" diameter (300mm x 150mmm), smaller with a bit of effort, see tightening strap pics att'd, roll suit, slip strap over, tighten

-- in vid in first post, 2 fit in Aldi tankbag easily

Strap is in top pocket

pull it tight
Old 02-01-2014, 12:58 AM   #11
PBee

Oddometer: 8,441
Double stitched too......me likey...

QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011. N
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #12
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,637
Any other colour choices? Looks good.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #13
jacksonracingcomau OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
Not in this run, partly for economies of scale, partly because they stand out, obvious visibility in bad conditions, may or may not help SMIDSY drivers.

More important to me is it makes people talk about them. If it were black no-one would notice.

Went to a party recently, as I left it pissed down, I pulled out my WON-Z

Lady guest said
"I wouldn't be seen dead in that"
Me
"I don't want to be either"

But other colours may come if there is a demand.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:15 AM   #14
jacksonracingcomau OP
Gnarly Adventurer

No news , all ordered will be delivered early March.
MH

jacksonracingcomau screwed with this post 03-12-2014 at 04:37 AM
Old 02-28-2014, 11:52 PM   #15
jacksonracingcomau OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE

jacksonracingcomau screwed with this post 06-20-2014 at 01:18 AM