ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #16
Garp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmo View Post
Personally, I feel that this is a TERRIBLE time of year to try to push this movie the way they have done. There is so much going on with family and friends that it is difficult for many to set aside a day to go see this. On top of that, it is prime time for other movie premiers, especially family/kids movies. In much of the country a ride to watch is out of the question because of weather problems.

They should have waited until March-April to release it IMO.
I suspect they wanted to get the DVD on the shelves before the holidays, and they're getting that done. Any money they'll get from a one time showing in a few movie theaters is a bonus, but not enough to change the release date.
Garp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #17
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,157
We just got some good news here in Baltimore...
they have extended signup 24 hours and lowered the butts in seats by 20!! now we're only 8 away.

Might want to check your locals again Klav.

edit...
We did it!! Movie is going to show in Baltimore!!!
:)
http://www.tugg.com/events/6813

JaxObsessed screwed with this post 12-02-2013 at 02:22 PM
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #18
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,594
I'm not going because its in Atlanta, and its on a MONDAY NIGHT (what genius makes it happen on a friggin' MONDAY?). The movie looks great, can't wait to see it. But I will be seeing it on DVD in my house with my flat screen, a fire, and a bourbon or three.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #19
srelegante
srelegante

Oddometer: 160
24 hour extension

Just got the email regarding the Atlanta screening!

SE
srelegante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #20
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor View Post
I'm not going because its in Atlanta, and its on a MONDAY NIGHT (what genius makes it happen on a friggin' MONDAY?). The movie looks great, can't wait to see it. But I will be seeing it on DVD in my house with my flat screen, a fire, and a bourbon or three.
flux come on down sunday for the showing at 2pm. after our riding friday and saturday it should be a nice way to end the weekend. come hang out at the casa for a bit before/after the show if you want, i'm only about 7-8 miles from the theater... ride down if you want!
SpeedyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #21
BC61
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
Charlotte tomorrow Dec 2nd, I'm heading over +1. Going to Angry Ales on Montford Dr for dinner and a beer around 6:15 before hand if anyone wants meet up.

My experience at Dakar 2012 www.bc2dakar.com
BC61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #22
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,341
They extended the deadline in Birmingham and more people bought tickets so it may still shown if about 15 more buy tickets.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #23
norton73
drinkin'

Oddometer: 8,259
B'ham showing is happening

Now we just have to decide on the extracuricular activities

Plans are (hopefully) being made here; http://bamarides.com/ride/events/why...ening-dec-8th/
Old 12-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #24
CaptD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Saw this movie tonight in Ft. Lauderdale. I really enjoyed it and am so glad I saw it on the big screen. Most people clapped at the end.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #25
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton73 View Post
B'ham showing is happening

Now we just have to decide on the extracuricular activities

Plans are (hopefully) being made here; http://bamarides.com/ride/events/why...ening-dec-8th/
I'm sure someone will come up with before and after extracurricular activities. I plan on participating so I can justify the long trip down from Huntsville. It's not just a movie but also a chance to meet some fellow riders.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #26
srelegante
srelegante

Oddometer: 160
Today's Atlanta showing-need tic

If you have 2 passes for the 2 pm, and cannot use them, I will buy them.

Curt

srelegante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #27
mrxinpa
Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer: 1,470
I've been to see the movie. I traveled 1.5hrs each way to meet up with some fellow ADVer's to hang out at a local Applebee's before the movie and shoot the shit.

The movie was filled with families who ride, patch holder bikers, sleezie bikers, some sleezie ADV riders myself included.

The movie itseld has something for everyone. No matter what your decipline. Yea sure as someone else said. "I know why I ride"... I too was bit by the bug at age 6 and at 50+ I still ride Hare Scrambles/Enduros' and the occasionally Rally!!!

I Hope this Movie comes to my area again so that I have the ability to see it again with my Wife and Kids (3 & 4yrs old) this time. I want them to see it so they know why it is that Daddy drags them out to different places all summer to go riding. Pretty soon They will be out on the trails telling me why they too ride!!!!

I you go see this movie and at some point Don't feel that lump come into your throat your really NOT that into motorcycles as you might think you are!!!
80 CB900 Custom(Restoring)
mrxinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #28
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 4,937
I've not got to see it, but plan to someday. I'm hopeing for on any sunday type thing.

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #29
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,157
Hey redbud!!
I liked it, but it's no On Any Sunday. (even though Mert is featured)
Well worth a look without doubt, but the soundtrack is AWFUL imo and distracting!!!
it's a little sappy and a little preachy but worth every bit of 12 bucks.

all true MRX!
I figure the best audience for this are kids in a moto family. Hard to resist the draw of a family that rides together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxinpa View Post
I've been to see the movie. I traveled 1.5hrs each way to meet up with some fellow ADVer's to hang out at a local Applebee's before the movie and shoot the shit.

The movie was filled with families who ride, patch holder bikers, sleezie bikers, some sleezie ADV riders myself included.

The movie itseld has something for everyone. No matter what your decipline. Yea sure as someone else said. "I know why I ride"... I too was bit by the bug at age 6 and at 50+ I still ride Hare Scrambles/Enduros' and the occasionally Rally!!!

I Hope this Movie comes to my area again so that I have the ability to see it again with my Wife and Kids (3 & 4yrs old) this time. I want them to see it so they know why it is that Daddy drags them out to different places all summer to go riding. Pretty soon They will be out on the trails telling me why they too ride!!!!

I you go see this movie and at some point Don't feel that lump come into your throat your really NOT that into motorcycles as you might think you are!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #30
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxinpa View Post

As one viewer here commented, "There were times my eyeballs were sweating."