Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #121
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,259
For sale, A little piece of ADV history, this is the bike I rescued earlier in the year and was building for the Scrapheap ride this year however time and officialdom have intervened. I’ve attached the link to the thread in Airheads so you can get the full lowdown on what’s been done and the back story of the bike, its history and travels from the early 80’s and where its been etc. Basically it’s a 1975 R90/6 frame (the heavier duty one) and running gear with a 1976 R60/7 motor fitted. As you can see in the thread, I’ve done the heads and cylinders and fitted new rings, the gearbox has been done up its also had new seals in the engine etc. Has a cam chain noise when cold, which is probably normal. It runs quite well actually. Has had a new set of Shinko trials tyres fitted, everything that was seized has been loosened, rebuilt, greased etc…everything that was loose has been rebuilt, tightened etc It will be sold minus the carbs that are currently fitted as they belong to Pezz, however it does come with the originals which will need a major rebuild however they are salvageable. I will keep the bike together though so the new prospective owner can take it for a ride etc, but will remove them before the bike leaves che Olddog. As you can see it was always a feral bike and I’ve tastefully “modified” it to “compliment the original Patina” ie it has been fitted with XR600 handlebars and levers, with a XR600 master cylinder, which means the front brake works quite well, and Triumph twin pull throttle. Note the top pic is “as found” and the bottom is pretty much how it sits now, its not the latest pic, i'll add that in the next few days when I'm home again. Note that yes it does look rough, however the frame and all components are in good order. May consider a swap for something interesting but really do prefer cash so I can start work on my Turboed CBX.

Link to Airheads
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=958640

Happy to field questions however I will be at the Scrapheap ride this weekend so bear with me if I don’t reply quickly. Alternatively gimme a call on the mobile 0409562905

Oh asking $2000 for it, located in Mudgee, as is where is etc etc

Cheers
Bill
Old 09-16-2014, 12:15 AM   #122
BarryS
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Wicked Yamaha TTR250 (for parts?) - name your price

Gone pending collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryS View Post
Make me an offer; I can't refuse.

1999 Yamaha TTR250 probably for parts. ~31 000km on the odomoter (but the speedo was disconnected when I bought the bike, so take that with a grain of salt)
WA registered. Currently in Natimuk, Victoria (midway between Adelaide & Melbourne)
Last ridden 20th June 2014, which resulted in a trip to Emergency.

Because it is in quite a remote location, I am going to describe the condition as honestly as possible to try avoid wasting anyone's time.

Current condition:
As I say, the last time I rode it I crashed it. Actually, I hit a jump, missed the landing, and landed with the bike pointed far too far downwards for anything good to happen.
- According to my friend who rode the bike back to his house, it still feels fine, but that was a fairly short trip. I came down quite hard on the front wheel, I wouldn't be surprised if the forks may be damaged.
- Right mirror & indicators broken

I suspect a top end rebuild is in order:
- Tests before I left Perth indicated low compression (800kPa, factory should be 1200kPa, with 1000 minimum). However, I suspect it's worse now because:
- Bike required some effort to start. Usually would bumpstart on the second or third go (I always parked at the top of a hill). Otherwise, the battery could usually start it eventually but it takes a fair bit. Once it's warmed up though, the engine will often kick start on the first go.

Gear shifter & shaft is stripped. Thanks to help from PBee, it is 'fixed' that it is possible to shift, but lately it has started slipping again (either ~$400 + labour to fix properly, or an angle grinder & high tensile bolt to try extend the current fix).

Slow oil leak from rocker cover.

Side panels have been cut a little to allow the installation of a luggage rack.

Bike has a home made steel luggage rack & hard boxes, but it was my first attempt at making one. The luggage sits too far forward and low, and feels dangerous (like if you come off it's going to trap your leg).

Tank & panels show considerable UV exposure.

Bike has been sitting outside since the crash.

Chain and sprockets (O-ring, 13/48) replaced 5000km ago. Rear tyre replaced 1000km ago (with a fairly road biased tyre). Front tyre is 50/50 road/dirt, but will need replacing soonish.

For all the negativity of this post, the bike isn't a write off. Once going, it still goes well. It got me from Perth to Natimuk with no major problems (stripped gear shifter aside). It'll sit comfortably on 90km/h, 108km/h at WOT.

Replaced all rear suspension bearings 5000km / 6 months ago. Also replaced rear shocky with a reconditioned second hand shock. Replaced front wheel bearings and one of the rear wheel bearings at the same time. Replaced most seals on the carby too.

I have some parts sitting in Perth that I can organise to be mailed to the buyer if desired (some seals & sprockets 15T, 14T, 48T)

Currently I am in the Blue Mountains undergoing rehab on account of aforementioned accident. I realise that I cannot leave the bike at my friend's place indefinitely, so I just want to be rid of it. I'll take whatever I can get for the bike. I'm not too sure what it's worth.

These are the most recent photos I have of the bike - from the beginning of May. They don't show it post crash, and with the old rear tyre, but just imagine that the right mirror and indicators are broken and that it has a new, but more road-biased rear tyre.

With luggage:
My friend is becoming less keen to have the bike sitting in her shed, and I don't like paying rego on something I can't use (actually, I think it may have already expired). I'm prepared to give it away if it comes to that - although if anyone wants to offer me a bit of cash, I'll end up spending it on booze and women. And maybe another bike in a few months...

BarryS screwed with this post 09-16-2014 at 05:45 AM
BarryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:55 AM   #123
vudu_52
Black Magic

Oddometer: 124
BMW R1150GS bits and bobs

I have for sale:
A full Remus system with aluminium muffler, and the Dobeck Techlusion fuel controller for $600. All you will need is a Unifilter - works exceedingly well!
Touratech 25 mm handlebar risers with the additional bolts for the fog light switch bracket on the Adventure model $60.
Touratech clear headlight protector $30.
Light bar (forget brand) which mounts to oil cooler $25.

Also some random spare bits collected over time:
Brand new brake light $20. SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
Rear indicators with purpose made bolts to set inboard of original position $10. SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Will post at cost.....or collect in Canberra.
PM for more details or photos.

"Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." Jubal Harshaw

vudu_52 screwed with this post Yesterday at 03:10 AM
vudu_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:58 AM   #124
vudu_52
Black Magic

Oddometer: 124
BMW F650GS (single) ABS Unit

Removed from the bike when still operational. Have fitting hardware and rigid tubes no longer required for non-ABS bike.

$300 plus postage.

"Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." Jubal Harshaw

vudu_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #125
NZSHAKER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Sw Motech Tiger 800 xc Crash Bars

Hi People I have a set of Triumph Tiger 800 xc crash bars from SW Motech

These have never been fitted to a bike still in the wrapping only one taken out for photo.

Pick up Brisbane Northside

$265

These have been out of stock for around 12 weeks now

08 FJR 1300
09 DR 650 Sold 05 DRZ 400e Sold
NZSHAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:02 AM   #126
KxRuss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Crf250l
500km and about 3 weeks old