Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #16
canoli
human

Oddometer: 1,556
Iím in Alice and have been pre-running for Finke for the past few months and what works for me is the following:

Fox Titan Sport jacket. Iíve crashed on it and was very happy that nothing failed and nothing broke ( on me or the gear). My Leatt neck brace slides down the back of it nicely then my jersey keeps the front down. Iíve been wearing the BMW Summer 2 pants and while they have offered really good protection, are WAY too hot for this area and Iíve asked Santa for some Kilm Bajaís . Helmet, Ive gone through a few and like the HJC, CS-MX with a good pair of goggles. For hydration Iíve had the Camelback Hawg for as long as I can remember and itís as close to indestructible as you are going to find.

Good luck.

Canoli
canoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #17
Mike_MRS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Take a look at the Forcefield extreme harness. Very comfortable.

30 litre backpack is huge for riding though, do you need that kind of space? Biggest one I have is a Kriega R20 though lately we've all been using the USWE hydration H4 packs. Less storage space but no bouncing around

Mike_MRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #18
geoz
Orange rules

Oddometer: 225
I find a 3l bladder and key tools in a small backbag heavy during a long rally. I would rather carry less.

cheers hg

hg
geoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #19
mototifosi
what does this one do?

Oddometer: 499
Hydration Pack! Geigerrig Hands Down!

http://www.geigerrig.com/http://www.geigerrig.com/

Check these bad boys before you buy anything. Watch their vids on youtube or their website. Talk about feature laden and robust
! Easy fill, pressurized stream has many uses!

mototifosi screwed with this post 12-16-2013 at 12:43 AM
mototifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #20
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,963
- Tesla compression base layer - to prevent chafing from the armour suit
- Armour vest full sleeved
- MX jersey with a Gerber hydration backpack 3L and maybe 10ltr of space. The waist belt is priceless if you don't want the back pack bouncing all over during the ride.
OR
- KTM rallye jacket with all builtin armour removed, 1.5ltr hydration bladder, frequent refills.
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #21
Zander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
I am looking for a good Rally type jacket with lots of ventilation that is compatible with a Leatt brace.

Looking for a shell only as I wear body protection separately from jacket.

Kenny Titanium looks pretty good ?

Any suggestions ?
Old 12-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #22
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander View Post
I am looking for a good Rally type jacket with lots of ventilation that is compatible with a Leatt brace.

Any suggestions ?
I have the Kenny titanium jacket ,And love it lot of pockets lots of vents well made , also KTM ADV jacket , KTM Race light pro enduro , but the Kenny is the best , I take the removable liners out of the KTM ADV jacket on cold days , I'm a large but got a xxl and it's perfect with pressure suit and liner

http://www.kenny-racing.com/en/colle...6&numProduit=1
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #23
Zander
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
I have the Kenny titanium jacket ,And love it lot of pockets lots of vents well made , also KTM ADV jacket , KTM Race light pro enduro , but the Kenny is the best , I take the removable liners out of the KTM ADV jacket on cold days , I'm a large but got a xxl and it's perfect with pressure suit and liner

Thank you for the info, specially or the size. It's good to know.

Are Kenny Jackets sold in US or do I have to order from Europe ?
Old 12-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #24
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,036
Don't know mate I'm in Aust , but the importer is only 5minute away

For size I'm 5'11 , 210lb

Price was $250 aud

Contact Information
Unit 4, 257 Melrose Drive
Tullamarine, Victoria, Australia, 3043

+61 0498 122 749
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #25
homerj
742 Evergreen Terrace

Oddometer: 4,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post

+1 on the KTM Rally jacket it's probably the best bang for the buck Leatt compatible jacket I've tried (never tried a Kenny). About the only thing I wish it had would be a two way zipper on the main. On hot days I like to zip up to the middle of my chest, and then bring the 2nd "unzip" zipper up from the bottom to just above my belly button. This allows for lots of air moving across the core while preventing the jacket from twisting and binding up. I keep meaning to have a local luggage repair guy do it for me, but always forget to take it over there.

Do not be tempted by the Leatt jacket; it was pretty flimsy and not very well made. Zipper pulls came off, it wasn't even mildly water resistant, the venting wasn't particularly good, and the velcro closures weren't secured to the jacket very well, after one season the glue holding it to the jacket was coming undone. IMHO the KTM is a much better buy for not too much more money.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:11 AM   #26
ROKIT_71
Gone Orange

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander View Post

Any suggestions ?
Wrex Racing. Custom made to what you want. In your part of the world too.

http://www.wrexracing.com/index.php

You can get as many external and internal pockets as you want. Custom design for your look and really well made. You can get extra room in the rear to allow a 3 liter hydration pack underneath. Ventilated or not ventilated . I wear Laett body suit underneath it and neck brace. Great people to deal with.
ROKIT_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:16 AM   #27
davesupreme
grand poobah

Oddometer: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerj View Post
+1 on the KTM Rally jacket it's probably the best bang for the buck Leatt compatible jacket I've tried (never tried a Kenny).

Do not be tempted by the Leatt jacket; it was pretty flimsy and not very well made. Zipper pulls came off, it wasn't even mildly water resistant, the venting wasn't particularly good, and the velcro closures weren't secured to the jacket very well, after one season the glue holding it to the jacket was coming undone. IMHO the KTM is a much better buy for not too much more money.
good info... thanks!.....
davesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #28
Zander
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKIT_71 View Post
Wrex Racing. Custom made to what you want. In your part of the world too.

http://www.wrexracing.com/index.php

You can get as many external and internal pockets as you want. Custom design for your look and really well made. You can get extra room in the rear to allow a 3 liter hydration pack underneath. Ventilated or not ventilated . I wear Laett body suit underneath it and neck brace. Great people to deal with.
This is great. Did not know about them and they are about 4 hours from my place. Custom enduro gear and paintball gear, can't ask for anything better. Cheers !