ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #2896
AmericanWalkabout
Lost in the Wilderness

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichelob View Post
New owner here. I'm about 650 miles into it and getting ready for the first maintenance procedures. Also, I turned the TC off today and confirmed my love for the bike after a few wheelies!

Anyway, what are the mandatory upgrades on this bike? I'm hoping to find a kit similar to these. Also, is there thread on removing the emissions stuff? Do I need the slip on?
You don't "need" any upgrades but for my liking and type of riding, on a Std, I added OEM skid plate, crash bars heated grips and a Barrett slip on exhaust.

I can't say enough good about the Australian made Barrett. It's only $500 delivered, sounds awesome and is ALOT lighter than OEM. Fits R or Std.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:47 PM   #2897
PBrad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
So I just bought an Airhawk dual sport seat cushion for my R. My wife and I have been doing some long weekend trips and I've been having some serious problems with my butt. The only thing that keeps me going is my wife gives me messages when I stand up! If I'm not moving much in the seat, things start getting numb fairly quickly. The seat also arches up in the front which gives very little room to my man stuff. I have found that using long microfiber boxers helps , especially keeping my stuff up and away and helps a little with discomfort from chafing (im using 9" boxers from underarmour) but its not nearly enough.

I actually really like the seat when I'm alone since I'm moving around a lot more. Hopefully this Airhawk seat cushion works well when we are 2 up.

Anyone else try one of these?
PBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #2898
OrangeV
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
Foot pegs

G'day Guys

I need to ask you all, Im considering lowering my pegs on my 2014 1190 EDS, I would lower them just one step from standard.

Will I need to also adjust the brake lever and the gear shift as well.
I know there are two adjustements that can be done from stock..

Have any of you done this on your EDS model 1190.
Any input is appreciated.

This bike ticks all of my boxes, certainly not perfect, however im very satisfied ...
OrangeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #2899
kag
Wander Lust

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeV View Post
G'day Guys

I need to ask you all, Im considering lowering my pegs on my 2014 1190 EDS, I would lower them just one step from standard.

Will I need to also adjust the brake lever and the gear shift as well.
I know there are two adjustements that can be done from stock..
No, I put lower pegs on mine and have had No issues with shifting or braking

2007 Yamaha TW 200 / 2008 Buell Ulysses
2013 Triumph Tiger 800r / 2014 KTM 1190 EDS
kag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #2900
AmericanWalkabout
Lost in the Wilderness

Oddometer: 228
I wear padded bicycle shorts under whatever I'm wearing for pants. I tried the compression shorts and they just don't do enough. The bike shorts don't add much bulk and aren't visible under pants. They are the 9" type that provide extra cushion plus compression on the legs. Makes a longer trip bareable.
The standing up butt massage is nice too but doesn't really.do much other than feel good

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBrad View Post
So I just bought an Airhawk dual sport seat cushion for my R. My wife and I have been doing some long weekend trips and I've been having some serious problems with my butt. The only thing that keeps me going is my wife gives me messages when I stand up! If I'm not moving much in the seat, things start getting numb fairly quickly. The seat also arches up in the front which gives very little room to my man stuff. I have found that using long microfiber boxers helps , especially keeping my stuff up and away and helps a little with discomfort from chafing (im using 9" boxers from underarmour) but its not nearly enough.

I actually really like the seat when I'm alone since I'm moving around a lot more. Hopefully this Airhawk seat cushion works well when we are 2 up.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #2901
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,646
I prefer "Tri-shorts". They are just like bicycle shorts, but the chamois (the butt pad) is much smaller/thinner (so it will dry out faster after the swim of a TRIathlon)

I'm thinking about getting some MotoSkivies, but I think I'd rather have some more cycling/tri shorts to pull double duty.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:34 PM   #2902
Taka JPN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Folding adjustable brake and clutch lever

Does anyone know if Folding adjustable brake and clutch lever is
available except expensive PowerParts set?

I found below and this is the only one I found so far
http://www.mg-biketec.com/content/vi.../lang,english/
Taka JPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #2903
dragos
Belzebut

Oddometer: 773
Review of the 1190R with quite a bit of offroad.
https://vimeo.com/99521342
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/99521342" width="711" height="400" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/99521342">ABTV Episode 2 Vimeo</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user19871746">Geek Media Ltd</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Review starts around 2:00, offroad around 6:00.
dragos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:42 AM   #2904
numbutt
john

Oddometer: 100
I think your wife may be giving you massages not passing messages to you !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBrad View Post

numbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:18 AM   #2905
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragos View Post
Review of the 1190R with quite a bit of offroad.
https://vimeo.com/99521342
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/99521342" width="711" height="400" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/99521342">ABTV Episode 2 Vimeo</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user19871746">Geek Media Ltd</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Review starts around 2:00, offroad around 6:00.

Skip all that, the good part starts at 7:30
Old 07-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #2906
robmeoff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
LED strobe function

Ive seen quite a few videos of the 1190 and the "V" led running light on the front seems to have a strobe function. How do you get this to work? where is it in the menu?
Is it just a European spec?
Old 07-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #2907
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmeoff View Post
Ive seen quite a few videos of the 1190 and the "V" led running light on the front seems to have a strobe function. How do you get this to work? where is it in the menu?
Is it just a European spec?
Same place I got my wheels that spin backwards at highway speed.

Its just an illusion dude ;)
Old 07-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #2908
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
I prefer "Tri-shorts". They are just like bicycle shorts, but the chamois (the butt pad) is much smaller/thinner (so it will dry out faster after the swim of a TRIathlon)

I'm thinking about getting some MotoSkivies, but I think I'd rather have some more cycling/tri shorts to pull double duty.
I tried the moto-skivies for a ride,they definitly werent for me,odd pressure points when riding,and the pads in the back took turns sliding into my crackola each step when walking,strangest sensation and not pleasant what so ever.
Luckily they sold quick like.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #2909
robmeoff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
Same place I got my wheels that spin backwards at highway speed.

Its just an illusion dude ;)
I was thinking that may be the case but I didn't think LEDS had a flicker rate( as per fluoro) and thus should not flicker on video.
In any case it would actually be not a bad function if it could be turned on, especially in traffic.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #2910
Sparc145
'14 1190 ADV

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmeoff View Post
I was thinking that may be the case but I didn't think LEDS had a flicker rate( as per fluoro) and thus should not flicker on video.
In any case it would actually be not a bad function if it could be turned on, especially in traffic.
The LED brake lights and DRL's on this bike are both powered by a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) driver. This is a method of running the LED at less than full light output for various uses, like longevity, and to allow variable brightness.

The result is they turn off and off at a very high rate imperceptible to the human eye but, cameras and sensors can pick up the "flicker".

This actually gives some people headaches (usually LED backlight LCD panels on laptops...), depending on the frequency in use.
Sparc145 is offline   Reply With Quote