Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #16
OrangeV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
Rode mine home today, 28 degrees and no heated grips on it yet. Speedometer appears to be off. Not used to the ergonomics just yet. Power delivery in the street mode is almost to smooth, not complaining just different.
I love it though, even got a little mud on her.
Once you select sport mode your life will change, you will become 10 yrs younger..

On the preload side of things, I selected 1 rider and 1 bag, i found this setting to be very useful at keeping everyhting nice and firm and complaint in the corners. Thats the setting I also used on my K1300s..
Old 01-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #17
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,182
Question Question for the Orange Veterans??

Picked up the 1190R yesterday. Ordered all the normal stuff, Radiator guard,Headlight guard, upper and lower chain guards, Heated grips, Tail extension,lights,Soft bags,Akrapovic exhaust.
My question is on the Warranty. I declined the Service package, I will be doing all of the routine maintenance. and I bought the extended warranty, its not a factory warranty, and I made sure it was an actual extended warranty not an additional that would run with the actual 1 year Manufacturers warranty. So it says I have a 60 month mechanical warranty, all non wear parts are covered.
Is this worth the 1200.00 dollars I paid.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:41 AM   #18
trinitydirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
My speedo is off by about 6 mph at 65. Off by four at 40. Once the snow melts, I will continue my tests:-)
trinitydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #19
kag
Wander Lust

Oddometer: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
Picked up the 1190R yesterday. Ordered all the normal stuff, Radiator guard,Headlight guard, upper and lower chain guards, Heated grips, Tail extension,lights,Soft bags,Akrapovic exhaust.
My question is on the Warranty. I declined the Service package, I will be doing all of the routine maintenance. and I bought the extended warranty, its not a factory warranty, and I made sure it was an actual extended warranty not an additional that would run with the actual 1 year Manufacturers warranty. So it says I have a 60 month mechanical warranty, all non wear parts are covered.
Is this worth the 1200.00 dollars I paid.
Hard to say if its worth it. It was not worth it to me yesterday when I picked up mine. To you it was, so you paid for it. I do not get extended warranties on my other vehicles either.....but I do turn wrenches on my equipment also so it has to be something bad for me to haul anything into a dealer.

2007 Yamaha TW 200 / 2008 Buell Ulysses
2013 Triumph Tiger 800r / 2014 KTM 1190 EDS
kag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #20
Black Hills
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,010
Just took mine out of the box yesterday, unfortunately the weather will not allow much off road for a few months:

Black Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #21
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Lucky you, that you get to put it together yourselve. I seem to recall a post that the bike needs to have the software activated.
PatSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #22
Black Hills
Beastly Adventurer

It's actually at the dealer they sent the pic so I stopped in to check it out. Hopefully picking it up Tuesday.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #23
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Either way. I love the looks of the R. Picking up my STD in orange next Saturday.
PatSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #24
TDsurf
Orange Flyer

Oddometer: 74
Big Christmas

Wahoo! Picked my baby up on Friday and just got back from my first 200 mile ride. What a bike. Touratech boxes arrive tomorrow with an assortment of other farkels. This truly was a great Christmas.
My only issue is the tires, the bike comes with Conti Attack’s, great tire for the road but not so hot for dirt. Does anyone have suggestions for a good duel sport tire? Seams tough to find 21” 18” tires.
TDsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #25
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDsurf View Post
Wahoo! Picked my baby up on Friday and just got back from my first 200 mile ride. What a bike. Touratech boxes arrive tomorrow with an assortment of other farkels. This truly was a great Christmas.
My only issue is the tires, the bike comes with Conti Attack’s, great tire for the road but not so hot for dirt. Does anyone have suggestions for a good duel sport tire? Seams tough to find 21” 18” tires.
Personally I think that the Heidenau K60 would be a good choice for this bike. Definitely going to be better than the Attack off road.
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #26
TDsurf
Orange Flyer

Oddometer: 74
tires

Thanks for the heads up on the Heidenau K60’s .
TDsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:26 AM   #27
pinglow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hills View Post
Just took mine out of the box yesterday, unfortunately the weather will not allow much off road for a few months:

I am always seeing this on tall bikes in crates. they used to remove the front wheel for crating right?

Now just curious did they crank the ties to compress the front forks this low or?
Old 01-06-2014, 06:09 AM   #28
Black Hills
Beastly Adventurer

it appears to just be cranked down? the tubes may be slid up in the clamps, I didn't really look that close?
Old 01-06-2014, 06:35 AM   #29
jeremyjim
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Picked mine up on New Years Eve. Nothing ordered yet to farkle it up, but I'll be in a biz trip most of Jan and will be adding bags, bars, and I think the Touratech skid plate. Mine is the standard in grey paint.

I notice my speedo is a little faster than the radar signs posted around the Puget Sound area as well.

Anyone have any suggestions for the service interval warning on the computer? I tried to follow internet suggestions to reset it, but KTM may have removed the capability to reset by the user. The dealer had to reset mine (wasn't due for service anyway). I'm sure those of us wanting to do our own maintenance will find that bothersome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeremyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:55 AM   #30
harryzgnilek OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinglow View Post
I am always seeing this on tall bikes in crates. they used to remove the front wheel for crating right?

Now just curious did they crank the ties to compress the front forks this low or?
how bad is it if the forks are compressed in the crate for a long time? over a month?

thanks
harryzgnilek is offline   Reply With Quote