Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2014, 07:00 AM   #31
Black Hills
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzgnilek View Post
how bad is it if the forks are compressed in the crate for a long time? over a month?

thanks

not really an issue for me as I am sure it will begetting new springs anyway.
Black Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:16 PM   #32
motomuppet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyjim View Post
Anyone have any suggestions for the service interval warning on the computer? I tried to follow internet suggestions to reset it, but KTM may have removed the capability to reset by the user. The dealer had to reset mine (wasn't due for service anyway). I'm sure those of us wanting to do our own maintenance will find that bothersome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did the reset as described below, worked on my 2014 adv r?. I spoke to the dealer and his mechanic and was told that several of the bikes sold before 2014 ny have been in with a unscheduled service light that needed resetting. They reckon it was the change of the year messing with the bikes brain.
  • hold the up and down buttons and turn on the ignition
  • continue to hold the up and down buttons until the display cycles through all the menus
  • continue to hold the up and down buttons when the setting menu is reached
  • after a few seconds the settings menu will change to allow you to choose the kms and months until next service.
  • You can now let go of the up and down buttons
  • Use the "set" button to increase the numbers. Keep going and the kms and months will cycle back around to 0 if you go past your choice.
motomuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #33
jeremyjim
n00b

Oddometer: 3
@Motomuppet

Yeah, that is the tester sequence I tried and it didn't work. Being the first one out the door at my Local Dealer, they are more than happy to check it out for me. For how long they'll do that it yet to be seen.

I'll try it again when I get home.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeremyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:08 AM   #34
GSNoël
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
Ok, after many weeks of reading and a bit upset by air box issues...

Ordered and deposit done yesterday for a 2014 grey standard; no off road use (400 DRZ for this purpose) and want electronics suspension
Have easily (even in January...) and well sold my 1200 GS 08 50 000 km in very good shape (my second one, after a 2006 and 60 000 km) but wanna try other things...

Akra
Aluminium panniers
Heated grips
High screen

Should be delivered by 6-8 weeks (not emergency, since it won't be my daily and winter is not the best part of the year...)

On order: radiator guard and Tutoro oiler
Old 01-09-2014, 03:27 AM   #35
Master
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Any of you guys have first hand experience with the 2014 air box? Is it any better? I have a 2013 and am in doubt between getting the Uni Filter or replacing the 2013 parts with the new 2014 parts. I would prefer to replace the parts, but only if the new parts actually solve the problem of course...
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #36
PDsgt
Realistic about life

Oddometer: 304
Went to looky today

Well I went to my closest dealer today to have a look and a sit. That bad boy is TALL. Even with a lowering link, I think I am out. On my very tippy toes I could barely touch. I am at 5'9" tall with a 30" inseam. Looks like I am back to the drawing board. I was all excited too.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #37
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
Any of you guys have first hand experience with the 2014 air box? Is it any better? I have a 2013 and am in doubt between getting the Uni Filter or replacing the 2013 parts with the new 2014 parts. I would prefer to replace the parts, but only if the new parts actually solve the problem of course...
What are the issues with the 2013 box? I do know that the 2014 box changed, something about some re-enforcement ribs. I have been talking with UNIfilter AUS and they state that their filter that was specifically designed for the 2013 box is going to get slightly modified to accommodate the changes of the 2014 box..... and that the goal is that the filter will still work between the two versions of airboxes.
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #38
Master
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head2Wind View Post
What are the issues with the 2013 box? I do know that the 2014 box changed, something about some re-enforcement ribs. I have been talking with UNIfilter AUS and they state that their filter that was specifically designed for the 2013 box is going to get slightly modified to accommodate the changes of the 2014 box..... and that the goal is that the filter will still work between the two versions of airboxes.
There were some reports of plastic warping due to heat and dust slipping through into the engine. Hence the Uni filter. If KTM solved these issues with the 2014 box however, I prefer updating the OEM parts over the Uni filter.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #39
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
There were some reports of plastic warping due to heat and dust slipping through into the engine. Hence the Uni filter. If KTM solved these issues with the 2014 box however, I prefer updating the OEM parts over the Uni filter.
Personally, if I owned a 1190, and there are questions related to the air filter seal, I would pursue any known solutions to resolve it. From what I understand presently from UNIfilter AUS, the modified filter will fit both boxes. Not sure how much a 2014 airbox assembly would cost as my usual resources for micro fiche does not have the prices posted yet.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #40
Master
Gnarly Adventurer

apparently, it would only cost about 50 euros in parts (basicly, the base of the air box needs to be renewed, together with some bolts and small stuff).
But I want to know for sure this would solve the issue.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #41
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

I am not going to be a good source to answer that question presently because I do not have a clear understanding of the original issue, nor a example airbox of either version, nor a UNIfilter ver1 or ver2 filter in hand to examine. However I am planning on stocking the UNIfilter ver2 filter for the 1190 soon in the USA as soon as they finish a production run next week.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #42
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDsgt View Post
Well I went to my closest dealer today to have a look and a sit. That bad boy is TALL. Even with a lowering link, I think I am out. On my very tippy toes I could barely touch. I am at 5'9" tall with a 30" inseam. Looks like I am back to the drawing board. I was all excited too.
did you sit on the R or the STD. The R is a little taller than the STD
Old 01-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #43
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head2Wind View Post
I am not going to be a good source to answer that question presently because I do not have a clear understanding of the original issue, nor a example airbox of either version, nor a UNIfilter ver1 or ver2 filter in hand to examine. However I am planning on stocking the UNIfilter ver2 filter for the 1190 soon in the USA as soon as they finish a production run next week.
is it possible to let us know when you have inventory. I would like to purchase one. thx
Old 01-10-2014, 02:16 AM   #44
manxkipper
Fishpistel

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyjim View Post
@Motomuppet

Yeah, that is the tester sequence I tried and it didn't work. Being the first one out the door at my Local Dealer, they are more than happy to check it out for me. For how long they'll do that it yet to be seen.

Try this: switch bike on and cycle to the settings menu. Hold down both up and down buttons. A new window will pop up with mileage and month which can be set as you wish.

Works on my 2014 1190R.
2014 KTM 1190R
manxkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #45
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,168
Did some Mods today

Getting ready>
[IMG][/IMG]
Got a few things done>
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Took it for a ride. Speedometer is definitely off by about 6 up to 55 MPH 8 or more over 65 MPH, and 11 at 100 MPH.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]