flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,510
Awesome pics as always!!
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #288
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,374
Whoa Tim, that captures the sport perfectly. Well done!
Motorcyclist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #289
gumpdaddy
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Randy Washam with a really great capture.

gumpdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #290
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,481
Thanks for sharing your photos Tim. Every single one is fantastic.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:35 AM   #291
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Super photos. It looked like Brandon Wilhelm was going to get Vanderkooi in the PTwins main ....then the HD just gave up the hunt on the back stretch. Bad for 24 and good for 11G.The HDS proved they can run with the Kaws in both races at Springfield.
The one I really feel bad for is Shayna. Bike is a dog and does not handle. I was amazed that her superhuman effort and will got her into the main at all. She needs to be riding the# 65 that her brother is on. Nichole looked great and even led her semi at one point but was just short at the finish. That semi was a great race if you get a chance to see it.

The weird sticky weather made that one of the fastest tracks that I have ever seen there .Smith and Coolbeth....what a show men.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #292
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,225
Thanks, all. I haven't done too many races this year. It was nice to get out.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:54 AM   #293
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Super photos. It looked like Brandon Wilhelm was going to get Vanderkooi in the PTwins main ....then the HD just gave up the hunt on the back stretch. Bad for 24 and good for 11G.The HDS proved they can run with the Kaws in both races at Springfield.
I'm reading that Brandon's bike threw a chain. And 11G is the FGI(Fast Girl from Illinois) Molly Terry.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:59 AM   #294
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,818
Quote:
The one I really feel bad for is Shayna. Bike is a dog and does not handle. I was amazed that her superhuman effort and will got her into the main at all. She needs to be riding the# 65 that her brother is on. Nichole looked great and even led her semi at one point but was just short at the finish. That semi was a great race if you get a chance to see it.

The weird sticky weather made that one of the fastest tracks that I have ever seen there .Smith and Coolbeth....what a show men.
Isnt it funny how quick it can change? Now the Harleys need to prove they can hang on a Mile,they used to be the only game in town.

Wont be long till an XR750 Harley is a rarity,too expensive to keep going and all the new bikes are only going to get faster.
Maybe Harley's Street 750 will be a goer!
Old 09-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #295
buls4evr
No Marks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Isnt it funny how quick it can change? Now the Harleys need to prove they can hang on a Mile,they used to be the only game in town.

Wont be long till an XR750 Harley is a rarity,too expensive to keep going and all the new bikes are only going to get faster.
Maybe Harley's Street 750 will be a goer!
Maybe they will be left behind but you do recall 1972? The XRs were unreliable so guys dragged out old iron again or switched brands. Maybe the XG will be good enough right out of the box and maybe not. Probably XGs will be $$$ and unobtainable too. My bet is we see even more Kaws next year and maybe the new Yamaha 700s.
At any rate those old XRs run pretty well in Pro Twins so we will see them for awhile yet. Remember that the Springfield track record on one of those OLD XRs was set back in 1994 by Scotty Parker.They will still get the job done. They were 1st and 3rd Sunday so not dead yet.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #296
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
At any rate those old XRs run pretty well in Pro Twins so we will see them for awhile yet.
Only 5 of the 18 riders in the final were on XRs. 3 finished in the top 10. All but one of the rest in the top 10 were on Kawis. And that one was a Honda!
Quote:
Remember that the Springfield track record on one of those OLD XRs was set back in 1994 by Scotty Parker.They will still get the job done. They were 1st and 3rd Sunday so not dead yet.
Scotty and Big Bill had some combo, I'll give you that. If the RS had been allowed to breath, it might have been another story.

Working a little too hard at that justification/defense there man.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
Old 09-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #297
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Remember that the Springfield track record on one of those OLD XRs was set back in 1994 by Scotty Parker.
Think you need to update your database.
I got curious about this. According to http://www.dairylandclassic.com/amatimeline.html Scotty set a mark of 34.264 on May 24, 1992. NO mention of 1994.
AMA Pro timing from May 25, 2014 shows fastest race time of 34.028 in the final. Fortunately for you, it was Jared Mees. So it's still an XR.
Continuing further down the times sheet I see that Bryan Smith ran a 33.542 in practice, and a 33.823 in qualifying that same day. On the Kawasaki. Jake Johnson ran a 34.044 in practice and a 34.210 in qualifying. On the Ducati. These 2 were the top 2 in both sessions.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:49 AM   #298
buls4evr
No Marks....

Well 1992 or 1994, those details don't mean that much. The point was that it was in the 90s and those guys were on XRs. They really aren't much faster even yet. If I were to race one today though it would be a Kawasaki.They are also very reliable. I also suspect that Scotty had a nearly perfect track like the one Sunday that allowed that great time to be set. Remember however that he did that without benefit of a draft as they "single qualified" in those days. All the more amazing.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:35 AM   #299
Calkins
On Any Sunday...

Oddometer: 500
Wicked

And it begins...

Quote:
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (September 3, 2014) – The following is a statement from AMA Pro Racing on the future of the professional motorcycle road racing discipline:

“Daytona Motorsports Group (DMG) confirms the transfer of sanctioning, operational, promotional and commercial rights for professional motorcycle road racing to the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and KRAVE Group. Following the 2014 AMA Pro Road Racing season finale at New Jersey Motorsports Park on Sept. 13-14, DMG no longer will conduct and promote the professional road racing discipline. The company will continue to sanction AMA Pro Flat Track, Motocross and Hillclimb.”
2007 Triumph Bonneville America - 865
WANTED - Boss Flat Track Frames - WANTED
Calkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #300
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,481
No mention of Flat Track...yet.