ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #1531
DaFoole OP
Born Again Asshole..

Oddometer: 3,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
How was I not subscribed to this thread?

Bah ... Missed all the bullshit and fun. Damnit.

Gittin pumped.

Loser.....

Old 04-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #1532
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFoole View Post
CAMPING

Tent spots are mostly first come first served. We can usually put 3-5 tents in each site.

SITE 15 is RESERVED FOR THE HDIC AND HIS MINIONS...

SITE 17 is RESERVED FOR GERG, WARPED BEIR MEISTER

If you're really loud and obnoxious, please feel free to pitch your tent next to his trailer.....

Let me get this out here NOW...

First: The loud and obnoxious part... hell, I'm right next to you! Can it get any worse? And there is room for tents in the spot. The truck will most likely be parked somewhere else to make some room, but the trailer is 37' long and the spot is about 45' long... do the math...

Second: Accommodations in the trailer (condo) are for ONE. Don't ASK to sleep on the floor/garage/couch. If I offer that's different... and if you're female, it's entirely different

Gerg

Yes, I can be a prick... but I do serve coffee in the mornings... and sometimes with muffins or sweet rolls...

BOOF 160, AMA, RA, MOA, HOG
Live life like you stole it!
Your $5 off SMUGMUG Coupon is
hESgLtqESqM1Q

Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #1533
stoke
ocean minded

Oddometer: 487
WHAT'S UP YOU DICKS!!!???

Just caught up on all the pages I missed while enjoying mead (thank the gods for the warped rally home brew inspiration). Was at the death valley noob rally with a few folks that are also on this thread. What a great time. Man.

A few observations from the catching up on this thread: the "dick's cider" video: yep, went to university in Australia. That was shot on the Gold Coast where I lived-the gold hotpants of the meter maids sets it off. Also, currently brewing some cider. Coming along nicely.

Vstroms off pavement: yeah, it's a challenge. As jeepbandit (you gotta stop by warped man) will attest, we were beat up from the "suspension" after over 20 miles of straight washboard. Plus I can't stand up straight on the damn thing being 6' 4".

I would also like to point out that shooby's 2013 F800 blew a rear shock in addition to jeepbandit's high mileage 'strom. Strom is basically a street bike, no doubt about it. Checking out options, but dammit, it makes a great commuter.

What else, what else...shooby admitted he likes cider after I made him drink it. Jimmy Lewis class on a strom was...challenging to say the least, especially combined with my noob skills . I consumed an entire bottle of wine in front of jeepbandit and shooby in less than 30 min as a warmup and they looked concerned. FZcruzer let me ride his 500 KTM and it was a revelation. Wow. So fun. Thanks again.

Skinny pants and all, I'm looking forward to WARPED!!! Now, where can I find a copy of bear magazine....
stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:59 AM   #1534
DaFoole OP
Born Again Asshole..

Oddometer: 3,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg View Post
Let me get this out here NOW...

First: The loud and obnoxious part... hell, I'm right next to you! Can it get any worse? And there is room for tents in the spot. The truck will most likely be parked somewhere else to make some room, but the trailer is 37' long and the spot is about 45' long... do the math...

Second: Accommodations in the trailer (condo) are for ONE. Don't ASK to sleep on the floor/garage/couch.

What if we just pass out there??

If I offer that's different... and if you're female, (or a fur hat...) it's entirely different

Sexist pig....

Gerg

Yes, I can be a prick... but I do serve coffee in the mornings... and sometimes with muffins or sweet rolls...

It's true, you have mellowed.....

Mornin' Peeps...

Heading to Orygun in about 10". Might be a bit slow responding to PM's. Fear not, I will respond...eventually...

Old 04-02-2014, 05:09 AM   #1535
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,445
Quote:
What, NO cupcakes

RIDE ON!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:31 AM   #1536
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
What, NO cupcakes

RIDE ON!
No, muffins... but I think there MIGHT be some brownies offered up by another AdvRider

On another note...
The weather dumped some light snow up high. A little more last night than Tuesday night however we're expecting temps in the low 80's early next week. Should make for some water in the smaller crossings and moisture on the trails but very little snow to deal with.

I'll be going up to Kernville next week and I'll report back.

Gerg

BOOF 160, AMA, RA, MOA, HOG
Live life like you stole it!
Your $5 off SMUGMUG Coupon is
hESgLtqESqM1Q

Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:10 AM   #1537
Shunka
Supervision Required

Oddometer: 3,313
Founders KBS update

No luck so far.

My best shot (friends dad owns a store that carries Founders) did not get selected to receive KBS. The one store nearby that she found had it only had one case and they would not sell the case only by bottle, they told her they already had someone offer $1000 for the case and they refused.

My peeps are still milling around trying to get their hands on it but it isn't looking good at this point.
Shunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:28 AM   #1538
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,386
Quote:
No, muffins... but I think there MIGHT be some brownies offered up by another AdvRider

Gerg

Old 04-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #1539
dyvking
ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer: 3,260
Quote:
..and therein lies your one remaining, TRUE, socially redeeming quality. I, on the other hand, have NONE left , and so will be more than happy to drink a little coffee with you outside your frikkin' trailer.
2014 Fitness Goal: hike 1200 miles. Only 694 more to go.
dyvking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:17 AM   #1540
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,584
Quote:
No, muffins... but I think there MIGHT be some brownies offered up by another ADV chick.
Gerg
Mmmmmmmm brownies.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #1541
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,527
Quote:

Gerg
YellowJacket is coming to WARPED this year?
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:00 PM   #1542
Shunka
Supervision Required

Oddometer: 3,313
Only 10 spots left, If you plan on getting in now would be a good time.
Shunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #1543
YellowjacketD37
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
YellowJacket is coming to WARPED this year?
Geez, just happened to click on the end of this thread and see my name. I don't even know what WARPED is, so no, I'm not going.

Must be someone else who's making brownies. Maybe they'll be as good as mine. Maybe.
YellowjacketD37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #1544
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowjacketD37 View Post
Geez, just happened to click on the end of this thread and see my name. I don't even know what WARPED is....
It's a bunch of ADV Riders, determined to not let motorcycle riding interfere with their drinking. Mostly old farts too. (Unlike me)

Cheers!

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:49 PM   #1545
Sfcootz
Banjoboy is my guru.

Oddometer: 2,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
It's a bunch of ADV Riders, determined to not let motorcycle riding interfere with their drinking. Mostly old farts too. (Unlike me)

Cheers!

That is a funny description.

Viva la figa
Sfcootz is offline   Reply With Quote