ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #811
Bonerov
Damned dirty ape
 
Bonerov's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Oddometer: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post



I put the "ass" in class!
Bonerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #812
scottmac
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottmac's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: La Selva Beach, CA.
Oddometer: 1,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonerov View Post
Did you find it difficult to go back to another beach after surfing Blacks?
Don't drop your towel.....
scottmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:38 PM   #813
Bonerov
Damned dirty ape
 
Bonerov's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Oddometer: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
Don't drop your towel.....

I just remembered that I have a..ummm...thing that weekend. Yeah, that's it.
Bonerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:40 PM   #814
805gregg
Just Stroming along
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Ojai, Ca
Oddometer: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
I love surfing at Blacks, but that hill! I hate that damn hill.
Go down a trail, much faster, I surfed Blacks a lot in the early 70's, funbreak when it's on.
805gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #815
JStory
Beastly Adventurer
 
JStory's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Dixon, CA
Oddometer: 2,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
Don't drop your towel.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonerov View Post

I just remembered that I have a..ummm...thing that weekend. Yeah, that's it.
Soap on a rope.
__________________
Jeff

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr Samuel Johnson.
JStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #816
scottmac
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottmac's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: La Selva Beach, CA.
Oddometer: 1,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStory View Post
Soap on a rope.
Leave your towel laying on the beach at Blacks and you might have
a new friend keeping it warm for you when you get out of the water...

scottmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:20 AM   #817
rediRrakaD
Whoopdie do
 
rediRrakaD's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Deep in the Redwoods near the Pacific
Oddometer: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonerov View Post
FYI, I am just across the bridge over here in Pacifica. Let me know if you need anything while you're mending-up.
Thanks Bonerov!
The outpouring of help offers has been overwhelming... even from folks in the basement.
So far, I've got life in check. Working from home (outside salesman in the bicycle industry) and my clients are being super cool. Rain has finally arrived, so maybe things will slow down a bit.
Cast should go on today, super stoked about that (grew up in Socal, college in SD). I'll get an idea of my rehab situation then. Hoping to get cleared for driving in a week.
Might rent a shitbox automatic for a few partial weeks to visit clients. My 6 on the floor diesel pick-up will have to wait patiently.

Lastly, I'm hoping to be looking for a riding partner to head to Warped on the Thursday. Leaving from the Bay Area.
__________________
"Death in the pursuit of happiness is triumphant!"
rediRrakaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:39 AM   #818
stoke
ocean minded
 
stoke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego, OB & LJ
Oddometer: 494
I knew the black's jokes were coming That is the NORTH end where it doesn't really break, however a couple of the trails to get down terminate at the beginning of the nude part of the beach or close to it....and there was someone on here talking about using the trails...
stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:08 PM   #819
junglemototours
trailplug
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Idaho to Costa Rica
Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoke View Post
I knew the black's jokes were coming That is the NORTH end where it doesn't really break, however a couple of the trails to get down terminate at the beginning of the nude part of the beach or close to it....and there was someone on here talking about using the trails...
we called it the ho chi min trail.....it's worse going up
__________________
less talk, more ride
junglemototours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:39 PM   #820
Backoutonthehighway
I ride w/ Lewddites
 
Backoutonthehighway's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Oddometer: 484
There will be several of the usual suspects leaving from here on Thursday Morning - mend up and we'll make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rediRrakaD View Post
Thanks Bonerov!
The outpouring of help offers has been overwhelming... even from folks in the basement.
So far, I've got life in check. Working from home (outside salesman in the bicycle industry) and my clients are being super cool. Rain has finally arrived, so maybe things will slow down a bit.
Cast should go on today, super stoked about that (grew up in Socal, college in SD). I'll get an idea of my rehab situation then. Hoping to get cleared for driving in a week.
Might rent a shitbox automatic for a few partial weeks to visit clients. My 6 on the floor diesel pick-up will have to wait patiently.

Lastly, I'm hoping to be looking for a riding partner to head to Warped on the Thursday. Leaving from the Bay Area.
__________________
"Never try to sell a meteor to a dinosaur. It wastes your time and annoys the dinosaur." - gapingvoid

http://backoutonthehighway.com
Backoutonthehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #821
stoke
ocean minded
 
stoke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego, OB & LJ
Oddometer: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemototours View Post
we called it the ho chi min trail.....it's worse going up
Yep, it's still called the "hoch" and people still use it. I'm sure the homeowners with $10-$30 million dollar houses up there on the bluff love having a constant stream of surfers cutting between their houses at the top
stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:31 PM   #822
scottmac
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottmac's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: La Selva Beach, CA.
Oddometer: 1,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backoutonthehighway View Post
There will be several of the usual suspects leaving from here on Thursday Morning - mend up and we'll make it happen!
Battleship?

The Don???

scottmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #823
rediRrakaD
Whoopdie do
 
rediRrakaD's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Deep in the Redwoods near the Pacific
Oddometer: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
Battleship?

The Don???

Just noticed La Selva Beach, I visit an Airhead friend there on most Tuesdays (when not broken).
Liked your WR250R write ups as well.
Small world.

I can see my knee now and can start bending. Cool scars all over the place.
Cleared for driving and mild weight bearing. Just imagine if this happened in the 3rd world...

Back to PT and bone healing brews.
__________________
"Death in the pursuit of happiness is triumphant!"
rediRrakaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #824
Backoutonthehighway
I ride w/ Lewddites
 
Backoutonthehighway's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Oddometer: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
Battleship?

The Don???


Maybe Battleship, all his bikes are in one shop or another. Who knows when either one of them will be out.

TheDonPuccio hung up his spurs; sold the bike and moved in with his grade school sweetheart in Portlandia.
__________________
"Never try to sell a meteor to a dinosaur. It wastes your time and annoys the dinosaur." - gapingvoid

http://backoutonthehighway.com
Backoutonthehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #825
Bonerov
Damned dirty ape
 
Bonerov's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Oddometer: 382
Practicing for WARPED.

Poor bike was so tired of the poor traction, it decided to take a nap in this pretty little clearing.
Bonerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014