Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2014, 04:24 PM   #136
LoopGaroo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Just askin... Can I still get in on the pre-run price? I just found the thread and the gear looks great!
LoopGaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:27 PM   #137
duncanfc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Update sought

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
I have been given a new estimated shipping date between the 21st and 24th..
It is now the 26th. Anything shipped?

By the way, I see you reside in Spokane. How was/is your 2013/2014 winter? More dry than usual? Colder?

Good luck on the car fixing.
duncanfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:56 PM   #138
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopGaroo View Post
Just askin... Can I still get in on the pre-run price? I just found the thread and the gear looks great!
In order to be fair to everyone else who has waited, I would have to offer the normal $149.99 ADVRider price for the Juggernaut. Members have been very patient thus far and I appreciate their patience.

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #139
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanfc View Post

By the way, I see you reside in Spokane. How was/is your 2013/2014 winter? More dry than usual? Colder?

I'm currently awaiting shipment notification and Airwaybill#... I intend on immediately placing another order of 100 suits to try to eliminate this back order nonsense! You guys think it's frustrating for you? Really though, nothing I can do. Getting mad and letting Manufacturing know about it, not a good idea. Honestly, I don't like to kiss posteriors but when it comes to Manufacturing, I'm quite surprised how often I'm kissing butt to get product the way I want it. Apparently, getting it on time is going to take another set of lips ;)

I actually send give baskets to Manufacturing, to show my appreciation for their efforts. Something I like to do personally but also in hopes of a better product and quicker production times! LMAO!!! Well, at least I get to do it because I like to...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #140
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
I was raised in a household where nobody called a professional to fix something. Even if dad wasn't sure how to fix something, he would make the attempt - and at the end, he would know what to do next time.

It occurred to me to try rebuilding the transmission in the old Isuzu Trooper - but my wife explained to me in no uncertain terms that I would NOT be wasting any more time or money on that vehicle.

I would *Love* to find an old mk1 diesel rabbit. I have a line on one, that's been sitting in a pasture for a long time with a broken windshield. I think it would be given to me if I would come get it. I'm very good with diesel engines, but no clue what is wrong with this one - belonged to a friend's father, father was working on it, lost his temper with something, broke the window, and left it there.
We looked for a TDI when we were shopping but couldn't find one locally. I know very little about Diesel engines but was willing to figure it out.. 30+ on the highway is still pretty good for the gas VR6 motor we have.

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-26-2014, 10:14 PM   #141
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
It seems that nearly everyone who has a later model VW is fighting to keep it going. I am sorry for your troubles. As a person who used to own an Isuzu, I know how frustrating it can be chasing silly little problems only to end up chasing big expensive problems.

The transmission in my 'zu was going to cost me $4200. I don't have it Anymore.
That is an insane price tag for a transmission rebuild...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-27-2014, 01:06 AM   #142
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Time

Update; Order should be in the hands of Air Freight tonight... The order is awaiting pick-up from the "cargo agent"..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #143
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanfc View Post

Colder and drier than usual. A little more precip. as of late and temps dropping again in a few days.. But, I know, it's now going to last!!! Can't wait to ride...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-27-2014, 06:22 AM   #144
Tinker1980
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 956
Quote:
That is an insane price tag for a transmission rebuild...
It is indeed. The issue was the rarity of that particular vehicle.

I was a diesel mechanic when I was in the military. Since I left the military, I have had almost zero chance to put those skills to use.

Since you've been awesome and given us all an update, I'm going to show off some of my diesel engine skills - or at least the results of such. The following video is of a Case 350 loader that had not moved, or even been started, in 15 years.

I'd LOVE to be able to bring a little diesel car back to life the same way.

Tinker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #145
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
It is indeed. The issue was the rarity of that particular vehicle.

I was a diesel mechanic when I was in the military. Since I left the military, I have had almost zero chance to put those skills to use.

Since you've been awesome and given us all an update, I'm going to show off some of my diesel engine skills - or at least the results of such. The following video is of a Case 350 loader that had not moved, or even been started, in 15 years.

I'd LOVE to be able to bring a little diesel car back to life the same way.

Wow, that's pretty sweet. That would be a nice tool for a personal track, nice work! What do you estimate that thing is worth? What did it take to get it running?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #146
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 3,017
Quote:
Update; Order should be in the hands of Air Freight tonight... The order is awaiting pick-up from the "cargo agent"..

good news,,, still waiting patiently in AZ where its riding season all year

nice case tinker,,,, i'm also a fan of diesels.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:03 PM   #147
dazler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
Puke

Hi can this be use alone or it have to be under a jacket for when on road?
Would it survive abrasion on the asphalt?

Or to use it alone can only be done off road?

Thanks.
dazler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:43 AM   #148
Tinker1980
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 956
Quote:
Wow, that's pretty sweet. That would be a nice tool for a personal track, nice work! What do you estimate that thing is worth? What did it take to get it running?
Not much to get it to run. Clean fuel, oil, blew the injector lines out with an air hose, took the battery out of of old chevy truck and my geo metro, put them both in (12 volt system, two batteries in parallel) then had to figure out how, exactly, you get it to start. Turning the key to "On" started the fuel pump, but turning it to the next, spring loaded position (What would be "Start" in most cases) only turns on the manifold heater. Turns out to start the engine, you have to find the lever that selects between forward and reverse, and on that lever is a little door - set up so you can't close the little door unless it's in neutral. When you push the door closed, the starter will turn the engine. It took me as long to figure that out as it did to do everything else.

I don't use it much at all. Problem is this: It weighs 11,000 pounds empty. If something happens, and it stops moving, that's where it will stay. If it won't move itself, I can't move it. Last time I used it, a line going to the cooler for the transmission blew out, and it stopped moving. Took nearly two buckets of hydraulic fluid to get it back up the hill and parked. I could fix it and make it useable, no problem. But it isn't mine, I don't have money to buy it, and it might be a money pit to repair. At a minimum it needs all new hoses and new bushings in the tracks, especially the left one. It also feels like it needs steering bands, and brakes.

But enough about what happens when I get bored and there is abandoned machinery around - what's the situation on the armor? How soon do I get to ride wearing it, and better yet, walk around in public when I get off the bike wearing it?
Tinker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #149
advrider400
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
In order to be fair to everyone else who has waited, I would have to offer the normal $149.99 ADVRider price for the Juggernaut. Members have been very patient thus far and I appreciate their patience.
how come i got charged 169$ on your website? there was a discount for advriders to 149$ ? i didn't see a coupon anywhere
advrider400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:13 PM   #150
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Turns out to start the engine, you have to find the lever that selects between forward and reverse, and on that lever is a little door - set up so you can't close the little door unless it's in neutral. When you push the door closed, the starter will turn the engine. It took me as long to figure that out as it did to do everything else. l
I had a little lol at that.. I am about as happy with the placement of Jetta o2 sensors, after realizing their placement. I mean, who does that? Simply no words...

I expect to see the current order this coming week. Customs clearance and all that still apply.. I'll keep updating..

AGAIN, if there's anyone who cannot wait, I WILL GLADLY refund your order, PLEASE ask if you fall into this category..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com