Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2014, 12:48 PM   #241
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons1 View Post
Mine arrived in Texas yesterday.

Look like it has some stitching come apart in a couple few places especially around the arm pits. I haven't tired it on it. Looks pretty good for the price.
Please feel free to post a photo. The material is such, that a good stitch will last. If they ran the stitch out and didn't come back, it will unravel.
I warranty everything that I sell, if you return the defective part, I'll fix it!

I'll check the rest that go out to see how common it is.

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #242
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger seven View Post
Haven't received mine yet, but out of curiosity where do you feel the shortcomings are? Materials used? Construction? Fit and finish? Just overall? Or something else?

Thanks.

Derek

You have prompted me to try on the lycra as well and that changes my assessment. Lycra, for me is closer to a 9.

I'm not fond of mesh as it doesn't feel as comfortable or stretch but, it's more durable! I'm willing to make that sacrifice though, as I am not a woods rider or anyone that is exceptionally hard on the material.

The overall composition of material and layers... Trying to get people in Pakistan to understand multi layered, multi density type construction and then implement it, there is no greater task :)

That last one is aimed specifically at getting a T-Pro level product, where I expect to be, as I've been here long enough....

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 06-17-2014 at 03:11 PM
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #243
simmons1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
Please feel free to post a photo. The material is such, that a good stitch will last. If they ran the stitch out and didn't come back, it will unravel.
I warranty everything that I sell, if you return the defective part, I'll fix it!

I'll post a couple photos later on.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #244
winch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
The suits aren't bad but, they're also not spectacular. Better than most CycleGear offerings but, I'm dead set on having the best, period!

Obviously, there's no working off these pieces, so they're one-off's.

Scale 1-10 ... 7ish in my estimation. For $109, pretty hard to beat...
I want to commend you on your work ethic, honesty about your own products, attention to detail, and desire to be the best. All qualities that are too often lacking now-a-days. You just secured a repeat customer.
winch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #245
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 3,058
Quote:
Scale 1-10 ... 7ish in my estimation. For $109, pretty hard to beat...

i paid $109 for a 10,,, with this 7'ish crap i expect 30%'ish refund
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #246
sans4ver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
You have prompted me to try on the lycra as well and that changes my assessment. Lycra, for me is closer to a 9.

I'm not fond of mesh as it doesn't feel as comfortable or stretch but, it's more durable! I'm willing to make that sacrifice though, as I am not a woods rider or anyone that is exceptionally hard on the material.

Does that mean mesh is more durable than lycra ?
Can we see pictures of lycra?
Old 03-28-2014, 04:42 PM   #247
simmons1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
Quote:

Good side

Not so good side

One of the straps

Sent from my Droid

Please excuse any typos
Old 03-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #248
tiger seven
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
I got mine today. I'm very pleased with the product, but I think mine is too big. I just talked to him on the phone and he's cool enough to send me a smaller size so I can compare the two side by side and return the one I don't want. That's damn good customer service in my book.

I'll add that the one I have is mesh and there are no bad stitches or tears that I can find.

Derek

tiger seven screwed with this post 03-28-2014 at 05:14 PM
tiger seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #249
GJ990
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Impressed

Ok, got mine although I thought being this far south it would take longer.

In a nut shell, I am really impressed. I've never owned armor of this kind (always wore a jacket) so I have nothing to compare it to, but I cannot believe anyone could find a better product for the price, anywhere.

The mesh seems heavy duty. The stitching on mine is good, the dual density armor seems bullet proof, the straps adjust really well and everything fits great. The chest armor is not perfectly formed (a bit flat), but it will protect everything so I can live with it. Oh, and my 4 yo son thinks I look like Iron Man, so that's a bonus

I will wear an under armor "heatgear" compression shirt (long sleeve) under it so I prefer the mesh over the lycra for durability and sweat resistance.

I ordered the M/L. I'm 5'10" 170lb (42 chest/32 waist) and the fit is near perfect. There's even room for Thanksgiving and Christmas in there.

Here are some quick pics, please excuse my sucky modeling skills

I'm going for a ride tomorrow morning, will update after I get back.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #250
Tinker1980
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,001
So... people in FL and VA have theirs? And we're able to send a guy another one to compare the fit?

I live in Oklahoma.

Where is my armor.

I have been patient, when told it will be the end of January, the beginning of February, the end of February, the begging of March, we mean it this time, seriously this time...

My brother's xmas present is rapidly turning into a birthday present. I'm sure he thinks I've just decided not to get him anything.

I know you're just one guy. I also know we aren't talking about thousands of sets of armor. I ordered two sets, an XL and an L if I recall, hoping for the superb quality shown by my Velocity Gear gloves. But those suits do nothing to protect us, if we are still waiting for them to arrive.

At least give me some confirmation that they have BEEN shipped.
Tinker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #251
tiger seven
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
So... people in FL and VA have theirs? And we're able to send a guy another one to compare the fit?

I live in Oklahoma.

Where is my armor.

I have been patient, when told it will be the end of January, the beginning of February, the end of February, the begging of March, we mean it this time, seriously this time...

My brother's xmas present is rapidly turning into a birthday present. I'm sure he thinks I've just decided not to get him anything.

I know you're just one guy. I also know we aren't talking about thousands of sets of armor. I ordered two sets, an XL and an L if I recall, hoping for the superb quality shown by my Velocity Gear gloves. But those suits do nothing to protect us, if we are still waiting for them to arrive.

At least give me some confirmation that they have BEEN shipped.
For what it's worth, he won't be shipping me a second one until sometime next week, so I doubt that will slow down your order. He said he'd be shipping them based on the order in which the original orders were placed, so it has nothing to do with geographical proximity to Spokane. I'm guessing there must have been more than a few people ahead of you. It's also my understanding that not all 60+ suits are claimed, and that allows him some extras for exchanges due to sizing issues or people who want to swap from mesh to lycra or vice versa.

My point is just to say that I don't think anyone is getting any sort of preferential treatment and no one has been unfairly neglected. We've all had to wait through the same delays and I believe he is equally committed to making sure each of us is completely satisfied with the product.

I hope you get your suits soon and I hope they meet your expectations.

Derek
Old 03-28-2014, 10:17 PM   #252
Tinker1980
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger seven View Post
For what it's worth, he won't be shipping me a second one until sometime next week, so I doubt that will slow down your order. He said he'd be shipping them based on the order in which the original orders were placed, so it has nothing to do with geographical proximity to Spokane. I'm guessing there must have been more than a few people ahead of you. It's also my understanding that not all 60+ suits are claimed, and that allows him some extras for exchanges due to sizing issues or people who want to swap from mesh to lycra or vice versa.

My point is just to say that I don't think anyone is getting any sort of preferential treatment and no one has been unfairly neglected. We've all had to wait through the same delays and I believe he is equally committed to making sure each of us is completely satisfied with the product.

I hope you get your suits soon and I hope they meet your expectations.

Derek
I said nothing about preferential treatment.
Tinker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #253
tiger seven
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
I said nothing about preferential treatment.
I know. I didn't mean to direct that at you personally. My apologies for the implication. I'm not trying to stir anything up and I understand your frustration. I'm just saying we're all in this together and I firmly believe he's doing the best he can to serve all customers reasonably and fairly (it seems reasonable and fair to me that those who ordered first and have been waiting the longest should have their orders shipped first) and as promptly as he can. I also don't want anyone to think that he's taking a suit away from someone else to send me a second one to try. I'll get my second one only after all the orders have been shipped, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I've been waiting since early December and I wouldn't want to make anyone else wait one day longer than they had to.

Derek
Old 03-29-2014, 06:43 PM   #254
DRV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
Any idea when your gonna ship one of those bad boys to Seattle?
Old 03-29-2014, 08:39 PM   #255
epix1718
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 713
Received mine yesterday here in MI, thanks!
85 Yamaha BIG Wheel 200 & 88 BIG Wheel 350
Travel Blog: http://peteandluna.wordpress.com/
epix1718 is offline   Reply With Quote