Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #316
SloMo228
World Class Cheapass

Oddometer: 1,383
The mailman dropped off a big black bag for me today.

The quality of construction is quite good, better than the 661 suit I was using before. The fit is pretty spot on for me except the arm straps are a bit short, but I have that complaint with basically every armor and jacket I've worn so I can't really fault Velocity Gear for my Popeye arms. The only other quibble is that the adjuster straps for the shoulder armor don't really stay put, but re-routing the webbing will solve that.

Coverage is considerably more than the 661 suit and far beefier. The back protector is especially impressive. I got a Lycra version and I'm pretty well pleased with it. I prefer a tighter fit, so I was hoping I'd get Lycra.

I'm still able to fit it under my oversized jacket, but there is obviously a bit less room.

Overall, I am happy with what I got, though I hope I don't get much opportunity to put it to the test.
SloMo228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:02 PM   #317
KCDman
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Received

Thanks,
fiddley with the straps, will try desert run over the local mountains tomorrow. I didn't expect lycra, but I can't say much til I work up a sweat. Bummer about the hassles, and, I don't take it personally, hope you keep up the work. Can't all be bad.
KCDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:12 AM   #318
daltmeyer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Damon Altmeyer here. Waiting still. I have no clue if my order shipped 3 weeks ago and got lost, or if it will show up today, or maybe sometime in the future.

I realize this is a one-man show and have followed this whole thread but a simple email for shipping notification would be nice. Even just posting in this thread who's got shipped on any given day. Something.

2014 Yamaha FZ-09 110 mi
2009 Can-Am Spyder GS 13,000 mi

daltmeyer screwed with this post 04-11-2014 at 02:41 AM
daltmeyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #319
royalwulff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
I got mine in the mail yesterday. It's the lycra version. I really like the lycra - it's comfortable. I probably could have gone a size smaller in the chest so that the chest plate fits a bit tighter. I think it would have been the right size in nylon, but since the lycra stretches I would like the chest plate to fit more snuggly against my chest. However, I think it's close enough.

Love the Juggernaut overall. Great price and great protection! Thanks for making a 7 plate spine protector! I'm 6'5" and this is one of the very few armors that come in a "tall". If I use the thumbholes, it pulls the elbow gaurds down too far. I've always had long arms, but just thought I'd mention it. If not done already, the 7 plate spine protectors should come with extra long arms. But again, I've always had this poblem with anything long sleaved and I don't think using the thumb holes is all that important. The forearm and elbow guards have good enough straps to keep them in place.

One question, should the elbow strap (not the forearm strap) go above the bend in my elbow or below? It tends to naturally fall right on the bend of my elbow before I tighten it down. However, if I left it there it restricts my arm movement. I haven't ridden with it yet, so I'm sure I'll figure out which way is best.

Also, how's the rib protection option working out? Any chance I could add that on? I just found out about it when I read the beginning of this thread.
royalwulff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #320
royalwulff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Just to be clear

I hope my comments above are taken as informational only - definately not complaints.

I highly recommend the Juggernaut to anyone looking for upper body armor. I researched a lot of different armors and this one is incredible!

Also, thank you, velocitygear! Sounds like you're doing more work than what it might be worth. You could be charging nearly double for this suit, but you don't because you want to help the motorcycle community. Keep it up!

I'll be less "informational" in my great reviews that I'll leave on other forums.
royalwulff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #321
RRM707
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
These recommendations are all great to hear. BUT, I'm hesitant to order one,

with all the order delays. I'd like to get one in a timely fashion.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #322
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,605
well, a timely order should be ok,, the delays were really having them made then problems with import and duty ect. now that he has them here its just a matter of filling an order and sending it out, albeit after the remainder of the group buy orders are filled and sent.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:24 AM   #323
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRM707 View Post
These recommendations are all great to hear. BUT, I'm hesitant to order one,

with all the order delays. I'd like to get one in a timely fashion.
everyone here paid a real low pre-order price with the understanding they would have to wait and then give some feedback on the product. it's a pre-production hook-up and is over. i'm bummed i missed it, but oh well. looks like an awesome suit.

Juggernaut will be fully stocked when they are shipping their retail product and thus selling for the retail price. The wait was only for the beta testers.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #324
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalwulff View Post
I got mine in the mail yesterday. It's the lycra version. I really like the lycra - it's comfortable. I probably could have gone a size smaller in the chest so that the chest plate fits a bit tighter. I think it would have been the right size in nylon, but since the lycra stretches I would like the chest plate to fit more snuggly against my chest. However, I think it's close enough.

Love the Juggernaut overall. Great price and great protection! Thanks for making a 7 plate spine protector! I'm 6'5" and this is one of the very few armors that come in a "tall". If I use the thumbholes, it pulls the elbow gaurds down too far. I've always had long arms, but just thought I'd mention it. If not done already, the 7 plate spine protectors should come with extra long arms. But again, I've always had this poblem with anything long sleaved and I don't think using the thumb holes is all that important. The forearm and elbow guards have good enough straps to keep them in place.

One question, should the elbow strap (not the forearm strap) go above the bend in my elbow or below? It tends to naturally fall right on the bend of my elbow before I tighten it down. However, if I left it there it restricts my arm movement. I haven't ridden with it yet, so I'm sure I'll figure out which way is best.

Also, how's the rib protection option working out? Any chance I could add that on? I just found out about it when I read the beginning of this thread.

Elbow strap is the same for me, falls right in the bend, needs sewn on lower or higher, with the third "tricep" pad the strap could probably be attached the that pad.

I'm with you, I'm not complaining just providing feedback.

Let us know if you would rather have feedback in a PM.
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:55 PM   #325
RRM707
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post

Juggernaut will be fully stocked when they are shipping their retail product and thus selling for the retail price.
This is what I'd like to know. I have no problem paying whatever it will be,

I just would like to get it soon. I sent the OP a PM, but got no response.

He's prolly very busy with all your orders.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #326
maxinux
KiLR

Oddometer: 39
Thanks for all the hard work, if you happen to be looking on here - Approx what date range are you at in shipping? I imagine if I post this, it will arrive on my porch and I will know you are in the 1/28 range ...
maxinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #327
circusinthesky
SemperFidelisTyrannosaur

Oddometer: 287
Never a fun question but, for in between sizes, what is recommended? Can a Med/Large accommodate a 44" chest?

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #328
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,605
max.... i ordered 12-20 and got mine this past saturday.

circus.... i will take a stab at it,,, with a 50" chest i was in the same spot as you are and ordered the 49-55. the suit fits great. i say you take his sizing reco and get the 43-48.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #329
circusinthesky
SemperFidelisTyrannosaur

Oddometer: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
circus.... i will take a stab at it,,, with a 50" chest i was in the same spot as you are and ordered the 49-55. the suit fits great. i say you take his sizing reco and get the 43-48.
Thanks. I guess if its a little loose, I'll just get the double cheese burger instead of the single. It'll fit a couple weeks later.
circusinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #330
Creation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
max.... i ordered 12-20 and got mine this past saturday.

I ordered same. Nothing on my end so far.
Creation is offline   Reply With Quote