Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #121
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creation View Post
Snow melted here yesterday! I'm ready to ride walker.

I hear that! Doing everything I can but as usual, I am at the mercy of Manufacturing.. update below..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #122
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
So... tomorrow is the 15th. Are we still shipping?
I am the last person that wants to create a situation. I go out of my way to make it known when I need my orders, but in the end, I have no absolute control. The option for me is to quit or have patience in the process. This being a new supplier, I had hoped their time-line was more accurate than past efforts.

This is part of the reason I have no problem offering a refund at anytime! The quality this supplier has displayed is worth the trouble and I'm willing to wait it out. That's really all I can do at this point.

Just so it's clear, I had requested that this shipment be in my hands by February 15th. The time-line was accepted and here we are. I have been given a new estimated shipping date between the 21st and 24th..

As always, feel free to call 509-217-7118 for an update..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 02-18-2014 at 12:37 PM
Old 02-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #123
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,735
its frustrating for you and its frustrating for us, however, i am waiting patiently, hopefully the new supplier will be worth the wait.

as a side note,,, could you be a little more attentive to this thread? i know you post your number so we can call you with anything real urgent but its an active thread after all and it would be nice to here from you more often, even if its just a snarky comment or something.

peace
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:01 PM   #124
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
its frustrating for you and its frustrating for us, however, i am waiting patiently, hopefully the new supplier will be worth the wait.

as a side note,,, could you be a little more attentive to this thread? i know you post your number so we can call you with anything real urgent but its an active thread after all and it would be nice to here from you more often, even if its just a snarky comment or something.

peace
Understood both ways. As for recent activity, I've been pretty swamped with mechanical issues within the family. Specifically, the removal and teardown of my wifes VW tranny. She needs the car for work and having the work done would have cost me about 1500 to 2k. I spent $150.00 in total...

Getting her care done before the order arrived was my first priority, otherwise I would have been burnt toast.

I logged in today after finally finishing her car

During the last week ++, the sister in law's Subaru developed an issue, requiring replacement of the battery and alternator and further diagnosis of a series of dash warnings. Subaru wants a bill just to scan it, so I took it to Maaco to have a scan done. His diagnosis was a NEW pcm (the only option) and installation and programming from the Dealer. Total, $1500.00. She's a single mom, no chance she could afford that. So I sat on it for a few days going through the paces. Turns out, the bad alternator/battery combo was simply throwing the ECU for a loop. Me sitting on it for a few days was long enough for everything to come back "online".

Lastly, the son of my sister in law; we purchased him a 2002 Jetta with a host of issues for $1500.00. Really nice car, but all the doors panels and door wiring had to be replaced. Obviously not going to the Dealer for everything that needed to be done. We will however have to take it to the Department of Ecology so they can free us of an engine MIL light that exists because a local shop, Euro Pro, decided to charge the previous owner for a transmission swap that didn't include a manual transmission ecu or programming. Per state law that's illegal and after contacting him, well, let's just say I'll let the DOE do their job....

Not looking to write a book, sometimes my personal life decides to step in and my customers are also affected. I've been non-stop for the past 2 weeks.

During the Super Bowl, I was removing said transmission in the driveway. Yes, it was snowing :) that's what I've been up to...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #125
2 SPOT
wannabe

i know ya been busy, its all good. at least ya give us updates, too bad the "other" guy is draggin his feet.

plenty of patience here, even though it was low 80's this w/e and i'm itchin to try the jugger
Old 02-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #126
winch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
I really appreciate the updates you've been giving us, especially with the amount of other work you've been busy with.

For the less patient folk - I get that everyone has their own time lines, and I'm sure many of us are antsy to ride. Just realize that this is a pre-order for a new product with a new manufacturer. In a perfect world, yeah, everything would be on time. However, in reality, I've rarely seen a pre-order item actually be delivered according to the initial timeline, for whatever reason. I realized that when I put my name down, and I have no problem waiting an extra week or two.

Again, thanks velocitygear for the work you've put in to bring superior products to the market at a fair price!
winch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #127
Creation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by winch View Post
I really appreciate the updates you've been giving us, especially with the amount of other work you've been busy with.

For the less patient folk - I get that everyone has their own time lines, and I'm sure many of us are antsy to ride. Just realize that this is a pre-order for a new product with a new manufacturer. In a perfect world, yeah, everything would be on time. However, in reality, I've rarely seen a pre-order item actually be delivered according to the initial timeline, for whatever reason. I realized that when I put my name down, and I have no problem waiting an extra week or two.

Again, thanks velocitygear for the work you've put in to bring superior products to the market at a fair price!
Indeed. I'm fine on waiting... Gotta wait for home refinancing to end.
Creation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #128
rms2
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by winch View Post

For this kind of quality, at this kind of price, I have no problem waiting. I appreciate your focusing on bringing us a great quality product John, so thank you!
rms2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #129
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Thnx

Appreciate, the appreciation. I'll have these in stock regularly come the end of March, that's a first for me....

I thank all of you, for allowing me to continue what I enjoy. I am looking forward to open practice come march 27th and wearing the newest edition. As well as my 14 and 8 year old boys who will be wearing a version as well. My 5yr old little girl might be added to the list this year, the ktm50 is going to need some new graphics though, as picked out by her:

We're getting a family pass to Airway Heights, looking forward to a full year of riding with the family. That's a lifetime first for me :)

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-19-2014, 02:02 PM   #130
2 SPOT
wannabe

all your kids ride, thats awesome. so do mine, i liked spending the time with them while they were growing up, now theyre adults but they still ride.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:59 PM   #131
Tinker1980
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 594
It seems that nearly everyone who has a later model VW is fighting to keep it going. I am sorry for your troubles. As a person who used to own an Isuzu, I know how frustrating it can be chasing silly little problems only to end up chasing big expensive problems.

The transmission in my 'zu was going to cost me $4200. I don't have it Anymore.
Tinker1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #132
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
all your kids ride, that's awesome. so do mine, i liked spending the time with them while they were growing up, now theyre adults but they still ride.
The boys and I just started a couple years ago, with winter that equates to less than a year total. Finally got the oldest out of Soccer, so we could all go do something that will be with us for the rest of our lives. It's not just a hobby or past time or a sport. It's a way of life and it's something I've been trying to achieve for many years...

I didn't have that as a kid but I'm changing that for my kids...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #133
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
It seems that nearly everyone who has a later model VW is fighting to keep it going. I am sorry for your troubles. As a person who used to own an Isuzu, I know how frustrating it can be chasing silly little problems only to end up chasing big expensive problems.

The transmission in my 'zu was going to cost me $4200. I don't have it Anymore.
I'm lucky to be a mechanical, hands on person. As such, I'm willing to deal with some nonsense if that end result is worth the effort. My wife's VW falls into that category. Luckily, the transmission shift fork was broken by my son leaning on the shifter. If it had happened in Oregon on a summer trip, I may feel differently!

Overall though, with all of the features my wife's GLI has, there's nothing else within the same price range and fuel economy. At this point, I'm pretty familiar with the MKIV and know how to fix most of the known issues. Once those issues are taken care of, I suspect this will be a great car..

If you own a VW though, I would suggest a willingness to DIY.. Otherwise, No Bueno :)

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #134
Tinker1980
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
I'm lucky to be a mechanical, hands on person. As such, I'm willing to deal with some nonsense if that end result is worth the effort. My wife's VW falls into that category. Luckily, the transmission shift fork was broken by my son leaning on the shifter. If it had happened in Oregon on a summer trip, I may feel differently!

Overall though, with all of the features my wife's GLI has, there's nothing else within the same price range and fuel economy. At this point, I'm pretty familiar with the MKIV and know how to fix most of the known issues. Once those issues are taken care of, I suspect this will be a great car..

If you own a VW though, I would suggest a willingness to DIY.. Otherwise, No Bueno :)
I was raised in a household where nobody called a professional to fix something. Even if dad wasn't sure how to fix something, he would make the attempt - and at the end, he would know what to do next time.

It occurred to me to try rebuilding the transmission in the old Isuzu Trooper - but my wife explained to me in no uncertain terms that I would NOT be wasting any more time or money on that vehicle.

I would *Love* to find an old mk1 diesel rabbit. I have a line on one, that's been sitting in a pasture for a long time with a broken windshield. I think it would be given to me if I would come get it. I'm very good with diesel engines, but no clue what is wrong with this one - belonged to a friend's father, father was working on it, lost his temper with something, broke the window, and left it there.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #135
Tinker1980
Studly Adventurer

Any new information?