Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #16
worwig
Lost in Georgia

Oddometer: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by kave View Post
I am not interested in using 15 different apps for navigating.

I'm not sure how you can think that having more choices is a shortcoming.
Whatever...
Old 12-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #17
Small's
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Does the charger on your s4 every work its way loose enough to not charge? I had an iphone but I just picked up the s4 active which is the dustproof and waterproofish version of the s4. I wouldnt try it in the rain unless it was unplugged from the charger. One thing I like about the active is the screen is alot brighter than the standard s4. Also there is a screen sensitivity setting you can change and you can use the touch screen with most gloves. I took 2 pair of my gloves into the store and tried them before I bought it. Im sure the regular s4 has that option also. So no more riding and taking of gloves to zoom in and out. The iohone 5,5c,5s do seem to have alot sturdier of a charging port/plug but other than that I think the the active is better for me for a gps. What is the home grown charging system you speek of? My iphone would keep up but im not sure about the samsung?
Small's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #18
worwig
Lost in Georgia

Oddometer: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small's View Post
Does the charger on your s4 every work its way loose enough to not charge? I had an iphone but I just picked up the s4 active which is the dustproof and waterproofish version of the s4. I wouldnt try it in the rain unless it was unplugged from the charger. One thing I like about the active is the screen is alot brighter than the standard s4. Also there is a screen sensitivity setting you can change and you can use the touch screen with most gloves. I took 2 pair of my gloves into the store and tried them before I bought it. Im sure the regular s4 has that option also. So no more riding and taking of gloves to zoom in and out. The iohone 5,5c,5s do seem to have alot sturdier of a charging port/plug but other than that I think the the active is better for me for a gps. What is the home grown charging system you speek of? My iphone would keep up but im not sure about the samsung?

Good to know that the Active has the screen sensitivity adjustment too.

I have not had a problem with the charge plug coming loose. But I do have the charge wire routed in such a way that it is sort of held in place.

Do NOT EVER let water get in the empty charge plug. I keep my plug pushed up in a rubber boot when unused because I was replacing the plug so often. I keep a little silicone grease on it too.

You will need a waterproof 5 volt source. If the charger isn't correct, it will look like a USB rev 1 port, and only charge at 300ma, even with a 2 amp charger. That won't keep up with the screen on. If the charger has the D+ and D- lines shorted, it will charge at the higher rate. But it still may be marginal if the wires aren't heavy enough, or the supply voltage is marginal.

worwig screwed with this post 12-16-2013 at 06:47 AM
worwig is offline   Reply With Quote