Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2014, 08:24 AM   #1756
WildAnCrazymtl
Political Prisonor

Oddometer: 6,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
Rosberg takes responsibility for "error of judgement" in his statement while Hamilton says "we both made mistakes."
Of course Nico did, while Merc held a gun to Vivians head and a lighter to his contract....

You know kind of like a Judge is right because he is final... The Judge is not final because he is right.....

Old 08-29-2014, 08:29 AM   #1757
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAnCrazymtl View Post
Of course Nico did, while Merc held a gun to Vivians head and a lighter to his contract....

You know kind of like a Judge is right because he is final... The Judge is not final because he is right.....

I'm with you....

best part of Spa?

"wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh he just hit me............... wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #1758
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
Rosberg takes responsibility for "error of judgement" in his statement while Hamilton says "we both made mistakes."
Yep. A racing incident.

Nobody is talking about what the punishment was. In the end, Nico still picked up 18 WDC points on Lewis last Sunday, and both are still driving for the team.
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #1759
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 76,639
Quote:
Really! C'mon man! So if someone is in a spot that is inconvenient to a driver he can just run into them... Remeber hammy took the inside to defend... Moving over again could be seen as a double move... I see it as poor driving by a guy who can't hold his line...

Shit another driver is going to pass me, I will run into them said hammy... Thanks for the tip Pastor!

Ps. B皻e Noire, prend un accent circonflexe...
I don't mess with accents on a keyboard. I've only just learned the aigu keystroke and that's as far as I'm willing to go.

As for the rest of your post, I think you should have a word with Nico and tell him to retract the statement he made today.

Quote:
“In the days since the Belgian Grand Prix in Spa, I have spent a lot of time thinking about what happened during the race and discussing it with the team. I have already expressed my regret about the incident but, after meeting with Toto, Paddy and Lewis today, I wish to go a step further and describe it as an error of judgement on my part.

“The number one rule for us as team-mates is that we must not collide but that is exactly what happened. For that error of judgement, I apologise to Lewis and the team. I also want to say sorry to the fans who were deprived of our battle for the lead in Belgium.”

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #1760
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paebr332 View Post
Nobody is talking about what the punishment was. In the end, Nico still picked up 18 WDC points on Lewis last Sunday, and both are still driving for the team.
Yup, that's the bottom line, and nobody is more acutely aware of that than Hamilton.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 08-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #1761
WildAnCrazymtl
Political Prisonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
I don't mess with accents on a keyboard. I've only just learned the aigu keystroke and that's as far as I'm willing to go.

As for the rest of your post, I think you should have a word with Nico and tell him to retract the statement he made today.
If your on an I Pad hit the globe by the space bar and go to fran蓷is, they're all there...

Look at post 1756... What else was Nico to say, Niki the rat Lauda had a gun to Vivians head as Nico read the shamefull inacurate words from the teleprompter... Toto had a lighter to Nico's contract for the mother thing and well Toto's mom was gratfull for the attention and made Nico apple pie....

Ps all in good fun!

Old 09-01-2014, 03:47 AM   #1762
Shocktower
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,435
I can't wait for next week

'08 KTM 530 EXC
79 RD 400 Daytona
Shocktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #1763
WildAnCrazymtl
Political Prisonor

Should be fun, anyone think the ferraris will do well at home...

Old 09-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #1764
Bleemus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,034
Quote:
Should be fun, anyone think the ferraris will do well at home...

If this season is any indication I would have to say no or maybe.
Bleemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #1765
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleemus View Post
If this season is any indication I would have to say no or maybe.
I'd say definitely not. At most, Ferrari are the third-best team.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 09-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #1766
wxwax
Excited Member

Red Bull's new wunderkind Max Verstappen does a demonstration run in Rotterdam, goes up a blind alley... and then bends the car. (The fun begins at 1:10.)

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 09-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #1767
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,556
^^ I'm glad somebody posted that. Very funny in context. I wonder how the lad is feeling about his inglorious debut.

The other question of course is whose bright idea was it that he go out and do this?
Old 09-02-2014, 07:28 AM   #1768
WildAnCrazymtl
Political Prisonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
^^ I'm glad somebody posted that. Very funny in context. I wonder how the lad is feeling about his inglorious debut.

The other question of course is whose bright idea was it that he go out and do this?
Prolly dinged up his pride way more than the front wing, but when it is all said and done, he will be behind the wheel of an F1 car at the age of 17 in a pretty good team. I would have killed for that chance... In my eyes a little humiliation now is not the end of the world...

Old 09-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #1769
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

F1: FIA defends Parabolica gravel changes at Monza

Monday, 01 September 2014

The FIA has defended the decision to lay down a large asphalt run-off area at Monza's Parabolica corner ahead of this weekend's Italian Formula 1 Grand Prix.
The change, which has meant the reduction in size of a long-standing gravel trap (pictured from last year), fueled widespread criticism on social media with fans unhappy that it appeared to rob the corner of some of its challenge.
GP2 race winner and Ferrari junior Raffaele Marciello even posted a picture on Twitter (below) saying: "Why?"
F1 race director Charlie Whiting has revealed, however, that grand prix drivers had asked for the changes to be made. Although accepting that the modifications may not be as challenging as before in terms of punishing mistakes when drivers run wide, he says both the FIA and drivers think improved safety justifies the tweaks.
"About 35 percent of the gravel has been replaced," Whiting said. "This has been requested for safety reasons by the FIA and the drivers, just as it has been at virtually every other circuit that F1 races on.

"Of course we know that it is not as punishing to a driver who leaves the track but that is the price that we pay for much improved safety: a price both the drivers and I believe is worth paying."
FINDING LIMIT EASIER
Lotus's Romain Grosjean believes that the removal of the gravel trap at Parabolica will allow drivers to find the limit much quicker because there will be no fear of a big crash if they suffer problems there.
"Parabolica is a very challenging and quick corner so from a safety point of view it is a good thing to have some more margin for the drivers," he said. "I remember sometimes in the past coming in to the corner and knowing that to brake even a little bit too late then you could be straight in the gravel and then straight to the wall at high speed.
"I think that now what you will see is the drivers finding the limits sooner, because we know there will not be the big gravel and crash penalty like previously."

in related news someone bothered to ask Pastor Mal-Da-No-Go what he thought....

Maldonado unconcerned by changes to Parabolica at Monza

Luke Smith
Aug 30, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT

Getty Images

Pastor Maldonado believes that the controversial changes made to the famous Parabolica corner at Monza wont make too much of a difference when Formula 1 returns to the track for next weekends Italian Grand Prix.
The gravel run-off at Parabolica was replaced by tarmac last month in a move to improve safety at the high-speed circuit, but was met with a backlash from the F1 community. For many, the challenge of the corner had been removed as drivers would now be able to run wide without being punished.
In Maldonados eyes though, the change wont make a great amount of difference for how drivers approach or take Parabolica.
I dont think it will make too much difference really, the Lotus driver said. The approach will be the same which is to take it as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Of course there is the obvious safety element which means that you have less risk if you go off.
I think this is good from a safety point of view because it is a quick corner with not that much room on the outside.
On the other side of the Lotus garage, Romain Grosjean believes that the changes will tempt drivers into taking more risks at Parabolica now that they have plenty of room to run wide.
I think that now what you will see is the drivers finding the limits sooner, Grosjean said. We know there will not be the big gravel and crash penalty like previously.
Both Lotus drivers will be hoping to add to the teams total of eight points in Italy, even if Monza will play against the strengths of the E22 car.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #1770
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Sky Sports Exclusive: Fernando Alonso insists he will stay at Ferrari for 2015