User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
kito OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Sibirsky extreme trail

Has anyone any plans to ride the sibirsky extreme trail ? I had hoped to do a big trip in 2014 but it looks like I might not be ready in time so I have been thinking of doing this trail in 2015 . I have done plenty of solo offroad miles ( Siberia , Andes mountains, SE asia ,Amazon ) but for this trip I though some company would be good. So if the is anyone with plans to ride this or even just some of it please let me know
kito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #2
pdegroote
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
I have plans to do some part of it in 2015.

rgds
BMW R100R (sold)
pdegroote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
DrWolle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
I have also the Plan to do the Sibirsky Extreme Trail in 2015. I got a least 3 months time for it.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
Bli55
-

Oddometer: 343
Depending on events of coming season and next year...My bike shall be pointed towards Kazakhstan and Mongolia at least.
From Kazan that is...

Detailed BMW X-Challenge build thread.
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
F-ing in Iceland and Faroe Islands, 2013.
Bli55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:02 AM   #5
kito OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok so it's still early days for the planning but good stuff the are a few potentials heading out. We still have plenty of time to make plans of how to go about this. What bikes do you guys think you will be heading out on ??
Old 12-16-2013, 04:02 AM   #6
DrWolle
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kito View Post
Ok so it's still early days for the planning but good stuff the are a few potentials heading out. We still have plenty of time to make plans of how to go about this. What bikes do you guys think you will be heading out on ??
Hi Kito,
my idea is to use a KTM 690, BMW G650XC, XT660Z or 660R and rebuilt them as ADV-Bike, just like Walter did.
My XT1200Z is way to heavy to do the ride.

I`ve made a first timetable and will translate it and post it this week here just for information and brainstorming
Old 12-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
kito OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWolle View Post
Hi Kito,
my idea is to use a KTM 690, BMW G650XC, XT660Z or 660R and rebuilt them as ADV-Bike, just like Walter did.
My XT1200Z is way to heavy to do the ride.

I`ve made a first timetable and will translate it and post it this week here just for information and brainstorming
So it sounds like we are in the same position ready to start building a new bike.
I have a XR 400 at the moment for doing the lanes but not realy what I want to ride 12,000 miles on. I realy like the ktm 690 but for me i question its reliability. I used to have a x challenge and am thinking of maybe getting another one.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #8
ODSC1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
No firm plans but I am interested in doing the complete route in 2015. I have an adventure prepped XR650R ready to go now.

Brian
ODSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #9
DrWolle
Adventurer

Timetable

Idea for siberia November 2013
Hamburg – 2015 – Magadan
Sibirski Xperience
Timeschedule (Idea): 10. June to 10. September 2015
Roads to drive:

->From Hamburg to Poland/Ukraine/Russia/Kasachstan
· Target is to do many Kilometres to quickly arrive Kiev (1 Day Rest) and then to reach Wolgograd (1 Day Rest), to Kiev ca. 3 Days, from Kiev to Wolgograd ca. 2 Days, (Total 7 Days)

· -> After Wolgograd next target Karagandy (Kasachstan) over Samara, Chelyabinsk and Petropawlowsk, (total 5 Days) – If I didn`t get Russian Buisiness-Visa, alternative Route across Omsk and Novosibirsk to Barnaul in Altai, (total 6 Days)
· Altai Region 4 Days offroad and Camping. At 5th Day heading to Mongolia on M52. At the Border asking for News about the northern and southern Route, to chose the Route to Ulaan Bataar
· Altai to Ulaan Bataar, northern or southern Route, both about 1.600 km Tracks, at least 4 to 5 Days offroad on track. (total ca. 5 to 6 Days)

To Ulaan Bataar about 25 Days on the Road, so planned 5-6 Days Rest at UB for Repairs an Recreation.

· -> From UB with Kudu-Expedition across BAM and Road of Bones (OSR) to Magadan, estimated Time about 4 Weeks (ca. 28 Days and 6.500 km most offroad, call bad Tracks, Rivercrossings and so on. (If we are a Group of at least 3 or 4 Bikers we could cancel Kudu-Expedition and go on our own across that Route)

· _> At Magadan we should decide how to go back home. Direct way over Transsib-Highway via Moskow and Hamburg (12.500km at about 20 – 25 Days) or putting Bikes on Truck or Container and flying back, or down to Vladivostok (5.000 km and about 10 Days) and there shipping the Bikes and Flight or Railroad on Transsib.
Or taking the Viljiuski Trakt across Mirni…. Or at last driving back from Vlad on the Transsib-Highway via Moskau to Hamburg (11.225 km and about 18 – 23 Days)
Total Time planned about 86 – 90 Days and round about 30.000 km….
Old 12-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
kito OP
Gnarly Adventurer

No kudo expeditions for me unless they are paying me haha
Old 12-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
DrWolle
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kito View Post
No kudo expeditions for me unless they are paying me haha
Totally agree Kito Kudu was mi Idea, if i had to go alone. But in a group there is no nead for this!
Old 12-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #12
kito OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWolle View Post
Idea for siberia November 2013
Hamburg – 2015 – Magadan
Sibirski Xperience
Timeschedule (Idea): 10. June to 10. September 2015
Roads to drive:

->From Hamburg to Poland/Ukraine/Russia/Kasachstan
· Target is to do many Kilometres to quickly arrive Kiev (1 Day Rest) and then to reach Wolgograd (1 Day Rest), to Kiev ca. 3 Days, from Kiev to Wolgograd ca. 2 Days, (Total 7 Days)

· -> After Wolgograd next target Karagandy (Kasachstan) over Samara, Chelyabinsk and Petropawlowsk, (total 5 Days) – If I didn`t get Russian Buisiness-Visa, alternative Route across Omsk and Novosibirsk to Barnaul in Altai, (total 6 Days)
· Altai Region 4 Days offroad and Camping. At 5th Day heading to Mongolia on M52. At the Border asking for News about the northern and southern Route, to chose the Route to Ulaan Bataar
· Altai to Ulaan Bataar, northern or southern Route, both about 1.600 km Tracks, at least 4 to 5 Days offroad on track. (total ca. 5 to 6 Days)

To Ulaan Bataar about 25 Days on the Road, so planned 5-6 Days Rest at UB for Repairs an Recreation.

· -> From UB with Kudu-Expedition across BAM and Road of Bones (OSR) to Magadan, estimated Time about 4 Weeks (ca. 28 Days and 6.500 km most offroad, call bad Tracks, Rivercrossings and so on. (If we are a Group of at least 3 or 4 Bikers we could cancel Kudu-Expedition and go on our own across that Route)

· _> At Magadan we should decide how to go back home. Direct way over Transsib-Highway via Moskow and Hamburg (12.500km at about 20 – 25 Days) or putting Bikes on Truck or Container and flying back, or down to Vladivostok (5.000 km and about 10 Days) and there shipping the Bikes and Flight or Railroad on Transsib.
Or taking the Viljiuski Trakt across Mirni…. Or at last driving back from Vlad on the Transsib-Highway via Moskau to Hamburg (11.225 km and about 18 – 23 Days)
Total Time planned about 86 – 90 Days and round about 30.000 km….
I think the must be some misunderstanding between us
This is the trail I am looking to ride
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834987
Old 12-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #13
DrWolle
Adventurer

Kito,
i think its just what i want to do in 2015. As i wrote, the Timetable was the first Idea for the Trip and was a compromise between my Friend and me. Since this week it seemed, as if he could not go along this Trip...
And a plan can be changed, at least i got 14 weeks to go to Magadan and back home
Old 12-20-2013, 02:18 AM   #14
kito OP
Gnarly Adventurer

It's all a good ride. I did most of the traditional route if you will in 2009 bit I didn't go to magadan
Old 12-20-2013, 06:20 AM   #15
Bli55
-

Oddometer: 343
I have ridden along the trans Siberian last year from Kazan to Ulan Ude on a Honda CB400, and short of two sections which were twisty and exciting, and some off-road excursions, it was very boring, very hot, and very straight.

Detailed BMW X-Challenge build thread.
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
F-ing in Iceland and Faroe Islands, 2013.
Bli55 is offline   Reply With Quote