ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #31
Jbone11 11
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 700
Hmm....I've seen a promo video from the company involved in the electronics for this bike and if even half of what they claim is true....the 1190 should be as good off road as it is on. That said....if you took all the comments about this bike so far and swapped "1190" for "Multistrada 1200" you'd pretty much have a carbon copy of the multi threads on the Ducati forums.

I've done some miles on the Multi 1200 and from what I hear, it sounds like its pretty much the same bike only with potentially better off-road capabilities.

IF the 1190 proves worthy off road, I'll give it its due. Otherwise, I'll stick with my first love and be saving my pennies for used Multistarda.

EDIT: I'll also be curious to see what type of mods come out for the 1190...IMHO that exhaust has got to go. WAY!! to big and low for my tastes and a decent skid plate would be nice as well.
2003 Honda Hornet 600 (SOLD)
1969 BSA Royal Star - Let the Resurrection Begin!
Jbone11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #32
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,991
I agree about Multi. BUT, 1190 has a much much smoother gear box. When I was riding Multi, it was a pain to put it into neutral when I stop, and made horrible sounds while changing gears. 1190 was nothing like that. Very smooth.
Standard model has a package with Akra, side panniers and heated seat/grips. R's package will include Akra and skid plate. But not the full exhaust system. :(
I hated the look of the exhaust, and I also agree that it is too low. A good skid plate is a must.
I tried off-road mode while riding to see if the ABS really works but couldn't feel it since we were not alloweed to take it off the pavement. Supposedly off-road mode disables rear ABS but keeps the front.
Anyways, we'll see that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone11 11 View Post
Hmm....I've seen a promo video from the company involved in the electronics for this bike and if even half of what they claim is true....the 1190 should be as good off road as it is on. That said....if you took all the comments about this bike so far and swapped "1190" for "Multistrada 1200" you'd pretty much have a carbon copy of the multi threads on the Ducati forums.

I've done some miles on the Multi 1200 and from what I hear, it sounds like its pretty much the same bike only with potentially better off-road capabilities.

IF the 1190 proves worthy off road, I'll give it its due. Otherwise, I'll stick with my first love and be saving my pennies for used Multistarda.

EDIT: I'll also be curious to see what type of mods come out for the 1190...IMHO that exhaust has got to go. WAY!! to big and low for my tastes and a decent skid plate would be nice as well.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #33
Jbone11 11
Studly Adventurer

I hear ya on the Neutral...but thats a Ducati thing....as for the horrible noise changing gears.... Never had that on the Multi's I've toured on. Yikes!

But hears a link to the video from Bosch about the 1190's traction control system...cheesy as shit and most likely made for the suits but if what they say if true...yowza! That'll be some bike.

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1tfm...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #34
dragos
Belzebut

Oddometer: 773
Quote:
I think that's pretty much what KTM intended with the bike.
dragos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #35
FYYFF
Forever young...

Quote:
I hear ya on the Neutral...but thats a Ducati thing....as for the horrible noise changing gears.... Never had that on the Multi's I've toured on. Yikes!

But hears a link to the video from Bosch about the 1190's traction control system...cheesy as shit and most likely made for the suits but if what they say if true...yowza! That'll be some bike.

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1tfm...ature=youtu.be
I have to say this cheesy video is pretty accurate.
I don't like riding on street mostly because of breaking in the turns but this bike made it so safe and comfy, it is almost impossible to go down in a turn. Bike sticks to the pavement and doesn't shake or try to high-side you in any way. I am extremely impressed especially after my 990.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
Old 12-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #36
FYYFF
Forever young...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragos View Post
I think that's pretty much what KTM intended with the bike.
And it seems like they achieved what they wanted. There were at least a dozen GS riders riding in to the demo and leaving with a grin on their faces. I bet at least half will be getting 1190s.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
Old 12-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #37
Jbone11 11
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
I don't like riding on street mostly because of breaking in the turns ......
Funny...I am the exact opposite coming from mainly street riding to the 990. I guess it's just from my past experience....lots and lots of twisty time in the mountains of Italy