ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #181
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,229
they heard you guys are coming......



getting handicapped rooms is funny too.....



LB thanks for the RR...great job.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #182
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,802
Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful 2014 full of fun adventures.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #183
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
they heard you guys are coming......



getting handicapped rooms is funny too.....



LB thanks for the RR...great job.
Hey, that explains the vultures. So who told them we were on the way?
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #184
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...
 
tony the tiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: secret owner of a Parmesan cheese factory
Oddometer: 9,959
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful 2014 full of fun adventures.
Ditto!
Someday when I grow up, I'ma want my lil DR 200 to be a Superbug too.
__________________
Tony
Quote:
Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 5 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #185
MTrider16
Ridin' in MT
 
MTrider16's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Eastern Montana
Oddometer: 1,609
Hmm... I saw littlwan's recommendation and had to come see what the hubbub was about. I think I'm a little late for the party. Anyway I'm enjoying the report, you have to cheer for people with MT in their handle. Thanks,

David
__________________
'13 VFR1200D, '13 XVS950, '09 F800GS, 07 CRF250X
Riding roads in Montana - Big Sky Country
www.mtrider16.smugmug.com
Mountains, Moose, and Miles: a Montanan's Alcan Highway Story
Continental Divide and More: the "No Dust" Tour of WY and MT
MTrider16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #186
redog1
KLR650-2009
 
redog1's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Magalia, CA./ Butte & Siskiyou C.
Oddometer: 1,791
Laugh Nice job Ladybug...

You guys obviously had a great time at a relaxed pace. That's definitely a good thing. I really enjoyed the sunrises and sunsets, absolutely beautiful and glorious . I guess I pretty close to the AARP crowd now, how old do you have to be to join? Again nice job, read it all in one day and completely enjoyed it.
__________________
No, I don't know where that road goes, let's find out!
redog1
redog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:56 PM   #187
LittlePosum
Scrappy Marsupial
 
LittlePosum's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Bend, Central Oregon
Oddometer: 330
"Senior" trip to Mexico done right! Reading sections between work, sleep and riding took me some days to get to the end. Thanks for sharing LB!
__________________
Dizzer 433
Lexi 220R
LittlePosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:36 AM   #188
Rainbow007
Boldly going Nowhere
 
Rainbow007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Post Falls, ID
Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBigGirl View Post
Awesome write up Ladybug Looks like you all had a great time Were you glad you rode your 200 versus your 650 on this adventure?

Welcome to the dark side BigGirl
__________________
"Living life one adventure at a time" Me
AARP Gone Wild ~ Baja Style 2013
08 XT250
04 CRF230
11 DR650
Rainbow007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #189
Rainbow007
Boldly going Nowhere
 
Rainbow007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Post Falls, ID
Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Curious to hear what Becky thought of Barry's CRF.
For the 15 minutes of fame that I was riding the bike it was great. Of course sand hills was the only test ride I could do in Mexico. It did feel like a well balance bike and would do good on more technical riding areas also.
__________________
"Living life one adventure at a time" Me
AARP Gone Wild ~ Baja Style 2013
08 XT250
04 CRF230
11 DR650
Rainbow007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:13 AM   #190
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony the tiger View Post
Ditto!
Someday when I grow up, I'ma want my lil DR 200 to be a Superbug too.
All 200s are super aren't they?


Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrider16 View Post
Hmm... I saw littlwan's recommendation and had to come see what the hubbub was about. I think I'm a little late for the party. Anyway I'm enjoying the report, you have to cheer for people with MT in their handle. Thanks,

David
I'm glad you enjoyed the report. Those MT people are AOK aren't they?


Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
You guys obviously had a great time at a relaxed pace. That's definitely a good thing. I really enjoyed the sunrises and sunsets, absolutely beautiful and glorious . I guess I pretty close to the AARP crowd now, how old do you have to be to join? Again nice job, read it all in one day and completely enjoyed it.

50 is the magic age of getting to join the fun kids in AARP. Don't let them fool you into thinking they are sitting in their rocking chairs doing nothing.

See you in June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePosum View Post
"Senior" trip to Mexico done right! Reading sections between work, sleep and riding took me some days to get to the end. Thanks for sharing LB!
Hi LittlePosum Are you seeing a trend here? The last time you were following what Becky, Lee and I were doing we didn't make it to where we planned to go either.

You've been having some chilly rides but it looks like you have been having fun with it.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #191
MTrider16
Ridin' in MT
 
MTrider16's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Eastern Montana
Oddometer: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed the report. Those MT people are AOK aren't they?
I certainly like to think so. - David
__________________
'13 VFR1200D, '13 XVS950, '09 F800GS, 07 CRF250X
Riding roads in Montana - Big Sky Country
www.mtrider16.smugmug.com
Mountains, Moose, and Miles: a Montanan's Alcan Highway Story
Continental Divide and More: the "No Dust" Tour of WY and MT
MTrider16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #192
ggoytia
Mobile Fatso
 
ggoytia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Way Yonder outskirts of Fort Worth, Tx
Oddometer: 188
Lost this post yuppie I found it.
Thanks for the info. Never would have thought a 250 dual would be safe for highway speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airheadbruce View Post
I was on my Suzuki Dr650 and most times wished it was smaller. As soon as it got sandy or rough light weight became important. On Highways, in baja, a 250 would be just fine. Barry's crf250l was almost cheating it was so good.
Pack light, don't carry what you can buy easily and smell the flowers!
ggoytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #193
YnotJP?
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philippines and Seattle
Oddometer: 2,304
Ladybug, I am back in the Philippines, after reading your report I am going to look at the Honda CRF 250 L. Hell, if a 77 year old can do it, a 73 year old like me should have no problems. Sure nice not to have to have my "Big Boy" pants here. I loved my DR 650, but, back here my XR 200 is working. But, just about everything about the CRF looks better, I want to give it a try.

Sorry, I can't make Eastern Oregon this year, last year was fun, not the rain, and snow, but the rest was.
YnotJP? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #194
Oldtimer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Longview, TX
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotJP? View Post
Ladybug, I am back in the Philippines, after reading your report I am going to look at the Honda CRF 250 L. Hell, if a 77 year old can do it, a 73 year old like me should have no problems. Sure nice not to have to have my "Big Boy" pants here. I loved my DR 650, but, back here my XR 200 is working. But, just about everything about the CRF looks better, I want to give it a try.

Sorry, I can't make Eastern Oregon this year, last year was fun, not the rain, and snow, but the rest was.
I really considered selling my 1200GS and adding a DR 650. Adding, not getting rid of the CRF. I wanted to cut down the weight and I'm not doing Ironbutt rides anymore. By the time I sold the GS, I decided all a 650 would give me is a little more cruising speed. Why do I need that? The CRF is set up to be very comfortable with adequate wind protection. I'm going to test my thoughts in April when I leave on the CRF for about a 4000 plus mile trip, meeting up with Ladybug in Bishop,Ca. By the time I get back to Texas, I'll know if I made the right decision.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #195
YnotJP?
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philippines and Seattle
Oddometer: 2,304
I have found that the weight of the DR 650 was more of a concern to me this year that a couple of years ago. So the CRF 250 L looks like a good move. I just need to find a dealer here that has one. Top speed is something I am glad it is not the concern to me that it was a few years ago. Am I starting to act my age? (I hope not.)
YnotJP? is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014