User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #106
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,253
Yeehaw!

That clear vanilla is awesome for baking, I had a friend bring me some once. I love the AK shirt. My AARP is only valid for one more year! Reminds me how old I am. We just watched the 1966 Lawrence Welk Christmas show on PBS, kinda fun thinkin bout the old days.

Please keep it coming we're living vicariously through our ADV Families adventures.
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms screwed with this post 12-21-2013 at 08:15 PM
liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #107
Ol'NumNuts
Getting Stupider

Oddometer: 299
Hey, loving the ride report, but wondering if I can ask a 'stoopid question' pls...

For the benefit of all us non US readers, would you mind please explaining to me where you are referring to when you say "Baja", please and Thank You?

Edit: Maybe I can repay the favour... If ever your travels bring you to the great Southern land 'Downunder'...
Old 12-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #108
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'NumNuts View Post

For the benefit of all us non US readers, would you mind please explaining to me where you are referring to when you say "Baja", please and Thank You?

Baja California, a state belonging to Mexico.

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baja_California

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baj...rnia_peninsula
Old 12-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #109
Ol'NumNuts
Getting Stupider

Oddometer: 299
Cool, thank you. Linky no worky, but Google is my friend.
Thanks, that really helps to picture all the places featured.

I'll put that one on my 'Lotto' bucket list....

Aaah, yes, but then with a RR like this I, it's almost as good as being there....
Old 12-22-2013, 04:14 AM   #110
OBIWAN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
According to Lloyd (Dumb & Dumber) “Senior citizens, although slow and dangers behind the wheel do serve a useful purpose” :) Yeah, I’ll say, like riding motorcycles and making an excellent ride report with wonderful pictures. I may never get to go there but this is the next best thing.

Thanks.
nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither
victory nor defeat. ------Theodore Roosevelt.
OBIWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #111
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,809

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2rydktms View Post
That clear vanilla is awesome for baking, I had a friend bring me some once. I love the AK shirt. My AARP is only valid for one more year! Reminds me how old I am. We just watched the 1966 Lawrence Welk Christmas show on PBS, kinda fun thinkin bout the old days.
Please keep it coming we're living vicariously through our ADV Families adventures.
Hi Katy, Having that AARP card (or at least being elligible) puts you in a pretty cool club. It's a club you can't be invited into, or buy your way in, it's a club you can only be part of by earning through years of living. Pretty awesome to get there many people don't.

Nice to have you along for the ride report.

Quote:
Hey, loving the ride report, but wondering if I can ask a 'stoopid question' pls...
Edit: Maybe I can repay the favour... If ever your travels bring you to the great Southern land 'Downunder'...
Quote:
Cool, thank you. Linky no worky, but Google is my friend.
Thanks, that really helps to picture all the places featured.
I'll put that one on my 'Lotto' bucket list....
Aaah, yes, but then with a RR like this I, it's almost as good as being there....
Not a "stoopid" question at all and I'm glad LarryBoy provided the answer while I was busy sleeping.

I'm glad you are enjoying the report and want to add a trip like this to your lotto bucket list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBIWAN View Post
According to Lloyd (Dumb & Dumber) "Senior citizens, although slow and dangers behind the wheel do serve a useful purpose" :) Yeah, I’ll say, like riding motorcycles and making an excellent ride report with wonderful pictures. I may never get to go there but this is the next best thing.

Thanks.
Your welcome.

It's nice to know we serve a useful purpose. When I read "Senior citizens, although slow and dangers behind the wheel do serve a useful purpose" it made me laugh.

Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #112
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Day 6 another day at Gonzaga Bay, Thursday, 11-21-13

We’d kicked around a few ideas of things to do this day and ended up with Becky and Lee taking a ride while Bruce, Barry and I stayed at the Hotel enjoying the beach.

Again we woke up before daylight and started the day. I have no idea of what this is or what I was taking a picture of but it’s interesting and I liked it so I decided to post it. Any guesses?

More colorful sunrises to start the day.

The airforce is flying low.

Going for a morning row.

One direction the sky is orange and the other direction the sky is pink. I like it, it's fun.

Bird prints in the sand.

Beach house

Becky doing yoga on the beach.

Discovering the sand and water were warm, I liked it.

Our home away from home.

Lee showing us she could be ready to ride before the rest of us.

A fish in the parking lot with big ugly teeth. I wouldn't want this guy nibbling on my toes while wading in the sea.

Becky showing us she can be the last one ready to ride.

And looky there you can see the little lip on the concrete slab that I wimped out on riding over and she popped right up on it the day before.

We rode here for breakfast.

What a cutie

Taking time to enjoy the flowers.

The coffee wasn’t very good here, the Nescafe jar should have given it away.

This guy was great. He prepared all our meals and they were delicious. Barry asked for a large something and the guy held up a HUGE frying pan and got us all laughing.

Becky making a friend.

Breakfast is served.

Barry asked for a knife and the guy pulled out a butcher knife that’s about the size of a machete. I missed the picture of the "knife" but I sort of got Barry’s reaction. It was great fun.

Breakfast was hot and yummy. The beans were more like pork and beans type beans rather than refried beans but they were good.

The mini market wasn’t open yet. I guess we will have to return later to buy water and snacks.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #113
Gramp-Z
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 797
Just found this report . Ladybug , best report in a long time , wish I had been with you guys and gals . Of course I would have been the kid of the group ! Late next spring I will have to hunt down a DR 200 for me . I can tell when a writer is getting real good at story telling , almost feel like I was there , great job ! Will be waiting for the rest of story , THANKS !
Old Man plays with his Wee
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608068
Gramp-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #114
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,424
I got my coke and popcorn, now let's hear this.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #115
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramp-Z View Post
Just found this report . Ladybug , best report in a long time , wish I had been with you guys and gals . Of course I would have been the kid of the group ! Late next spring I will have to hunt down a DR 200 for me . I can tell when a writer is getting real good at story telling , almost feel like I was there , great job ! Will be waiting for the rest of story , THANKS !
Hi Gramp-Z
Are you going to make your way across the mountains and attend the Wallowa Valley Adventure Jamboree in June?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
I got my coke and popcorn, now let's hear this.
OK, a little more to come. Thanks for joining in.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #116
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

After enjoying breakfast we went back to the hotel to start what was left of the day.

Lee and Becky headed off for their ride to see if they could find a closed mine and a geocache.

Barry and Bruce found books in the book exchange and kicked back to do some reading.

While all my playmates were occupied I needed to find a way to spend my time. I started by doing a little bit of sink laundry…..It doesn’t necessarily get the things as clean as a regular laundry but it does freshen the stinky stuff.

Watched the airforce (pelicans).

Played with my camera.

Went for a walk on the beach.

A doggy had been down at the beach but was no longer around.

I found a clam shell to play with.

Worked a little bit on getting the timing down with taking pictures of moving objects (the water).

The shell got camera shy and flipped over.

Wished the water wouldn’t have been bubbly.

OK, enough playing with the shell.

Meanwhile Barry had met some Americans that have houses at Puertecitos. They were nice folks but I didn’t get pictures of them. They came to Gonzaga Bay for lunch and drinks. Barry and one of the people were familiar with some places in the Los Angeles area where Barry hung out when he was young. I went and joined them for a bit. They seemed to like their drinks and were happy.

Barry and I went up to the convenience store, bought water, snacks and stopped to fill up our gas tanks before returning to camp.
I decided to grab a margarita and join the guys for a bit.

Such a nice view to enjoy on a warm afternoon with good friends.

It was a nice relaxing afternoon and then the sun started to get a little low in the sky.

Bruce and Barry were a little concerned about Becky and Lee still being out. I explained that they will push it until just about dark and I was sure they would be returning at any time. About 15 minutes later they rolled in.
I’ll be back in a bit to show you the pictures they provided from their afternoon adventure.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #117
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,239
wow....awesome. read everything from page 1.

truly enjoyed this, thanks lb...
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #118
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,253
More please!

IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #119
LittleWan
You can do it!

Oddometer: 1,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
A fish in the parking lot with big ugly teeth. I wouldn't want this guy nibbling on my toes while wading in the sea.

Triggerfish.
Yeah, those teeth are for chomping on barnacles and mussels.
The weirdest thing is that their lips look and feel just like human lips, it's super creepy!

Matt used to catch them (back when we still fished), triggerfish meat is great for ceviche.

yay, keep those sunrise/sunset pics coming!
Nice pelican shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048

Oso bored? you can find the rest of our ride reports HERE
make stupid your favorite!
LittleWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #120
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
wow....awesome. read everything from page 1.

truly enjoyed this, thanks lb...
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2rydktms View Post
More coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWan View Post
Triggerfish.
Yeah, those teeth are for chomping on barnacles and mussels.
The weirdest thing is that their lips look and feel just like human lips, it's super creepy!

Matt used to catch them (back when we still fished), triggerfish meat is great for ceviche.

yay, keep those sunrise/sunset pics coming!
Nice pelican shot!
Thanks for the tiger fish info. Those are creepy fish. We had some good ceviche at the Bajamar in San Felipe, I wonder if it was made with tiger fish.