User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
airjammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Going to the "Gettin Place"

After 6 years of 525s and 530s. I'm "Gettin" a well sorted 06 950 adv s. The price is right and I've got the money...

These are a few things that need attention.
Best chain.
Seat to replace old orange. The Black KTM Ergo? I've got a 34" inseam and am 6'2"
Pegs?
Want to go 2 into 1 exhaust.

Thoughts?

Will be checking flea market
Old 12-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
EltonAvenue
Banned

Oddometer: 547
Check the flea market...............................
EltonAvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
ginslung
It'll take.

Oddometer: 216
Congrats! I'll chime in on the seat. I'm 6'3" and dig the Seat Concepts tall kit they sell. Good height and the price is right.
ginslung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
j.king
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
enjoy the ride

after riding it for a bit you might find out that tires and more gas is all it needs

I had a Corbin seat for a bit and it was better than stock but still not really comfortable - now, after 6 months on a Renazco ergo seat I would highly recommend Renazco. With a 34" inseam it shouldn't be a problem. It will be a bit taller than stock and with a "S" version you will likely be down to tip toes on both sides or flat foot on one side but you get used to it.

Don't have any recommendation on chains - I have always gone with the basic DID VX model.

Pegs - can definitely endorse CJ Design's peg extensions. You will need a good high speed drill and a carbide drill bit but they work really well. Comfortable while standing for long periods of time and very grippy.

Best of luck with the new ride.

Cheers
Old 12-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,537
Make sure your new chain is an 'X' ring, not just 'O' ring. The increase in wear is way worth the money. The DID VX is good, probably the most expensive. I like the RK XSO for money/wear. They all come with rivet master links. Don't use the clip type.

I really like the results from the 2-1 exhaust. Much better tuning, right where I ride all the time. Add the 'Flex Jet' remote screws at the same time. You don't really need to change the jets other wise, but a slightly lower float and just one step up on mains. Unless you are in the mountains. Then 'inquire locally'.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjammer View Post
After 6 years of 525s and 530s. I'm "Gettin" a well sorted 06 950 adv s. The price is right and I've got the money...

These are a few things that need attention.
Best chain.
Seat to replace old orange. The Black KTM Ergo? I've got a 34" inseam and am 6'2"
Pegs?
Want to go 2 into 1 exhaust.

Thoughts?

Will be checking flea market
D.I.D. 525 is the way to go. Many people here switch gearing from 17/42 to something like 16/42/ or 16/45. I just went to 16/45 and will never go back.

For seats, check out Seat Concepts. For about $150 you can have a nice upgrade, and they customize it to your liking.

KTM Rally Pegs are about $150 and a nice, simple upgrade. There are other options, such as CJRacer's (CJ Designs, LLC) peg add-ons. Rally pegs come stock on the 1190s, so you probably can see them in a few photos around here.

I've thought about 2-into-1 as well. I need spark arrestors for a trip I want to take, and I can't put arrestors in my current cans. The easy way to do that is via a Remus kit that CJRacer sells.
"I'd like to meet the joker who had the nerve to call this a road!" -- Walter Sigmann "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson "Who am I? Why am I here?" Admiral Stockdale.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/brad.horn.9
Orangecicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
zgfiredude
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Oh do tell......with pics of course!

I just got my '06 950S from a private party in Fruita last January. Where did you find yours?

If you are interested, I just got a Seat Concepts seat that I am going to put on the 990 Baja seat that I have. My Orange seat was perfect and pristine, so it is on the shelf. Anyway, I will have the Baja seat foam and nice suede cover off shortly, and would offer it up if you'd like.

We should try and hook up for a ride sometime, probably in a couple of months.......
Old 12-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #8
devildogg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginslung View Post
Congrats! I'll chime in on the seat. I'm 6'3" and dig the Seat Concepts tall kit they sell. Good height and the price is right.
I will chime in also I am 6' with a 32" inseam on an S model Super PLush suspension anything more that the stock seat is way to high for me, I had a tall Renenzco that I sold and modified my stock saddle instead. the tall saddle was fine every where until I got myself in trouble, whtch seems to happen a lot, if I came off the pegs I was in trouble.

Love my CJ design peg extensions hated the smal stock pegs feet got sore after standing for not very long even with good boots

devildogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #9
airjammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgfiredude View Post
Oh do tell......with pics of course!

I just got my '06 950S from a private party in Fruita last January. Where did you find yours?

If you are interested, I just got a Seat Concepts seat that I am going to put on the 990 Baja seat that I have. My Orange seat was perfect and pristine, so it is on the shelf. Anyway, I will have the Baja seat foam and nice suede cover off shortly, and would offer it up if you'd like.

We should try and hook up for a ride sometime, probably in a couple of months.......
Might be interested in the seat pm me