ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: What should Mala Bunny wear for rider check outs?
ATTGATT 1 4.35%
Bill's sombrero 2 8.70%
Naughty traffic cop 17 73.91%
Bug sparay 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2014, 06:25 PM   #31
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by argon76 View Post
Muddy...you figure out if you're riding down or trailering yet?
Leaning toward trailering down. Mama Bunny wants me to get cracking on getting the TTR125 street legal so she can do some of the dual sport route.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:21 AM   #32
Buckeye Dualsporter
Buckeye Dualsporter1

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Dualsporter View Post
I want to thank Ed Groves, Ed Stube, Gray Daniels, My grandson Jacob Young and Fred LeCrone. Today that group nocked out 5 trail sections, built a set of bridges thru a beaver swamp and did it all for love of the sport.. I cannot wait to hear how the ADV layout is going
Day one is laid out and now just in from Adventure layout . Here it is day 2 update. 126.2 miles for the Adventure ride.
Working on some mini contests within the ride.
Dave g.
Buckeye Dualsporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:47 AM   #33
rasecarz
MasterDizaster

Oddometer: 5
Question Anyone coming from the Akron area, need transport

I've never participated in such a ride, but would love to. Anyone with a trailer, or truck in the Akron area have extra room for a body and a bike? What accommodations are still available?
rasecarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #34
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

I may have room to haul you down, but I won't know for sure for about a week and a half.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #35
Buckeye Dualsporter
Buckeye Dualsporter1

rooms, camping etc

The lake has a large number of cabins available. The club has the closest 3 left . 2- 2 bedroom and a 3 bedroom.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #36
racer64
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasecarz View Post
I've never participated in such a ride, but would love to. Anyone with a trailer, or truck in the Akron area have extra room for a body and a bike? What accommodations are still available?
I may be going. with a trailer, I live close to you I sent you a PM
racer64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #37
OrangeDevil37
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
after talking to some locals around here that regular attend or have attended the hanging rock 200, I have heard I can run my 250sx in the dual sport and be fine even thought its not street legal. I was told you guys (have to) tell me that it has to be legal but at the event its not really an issue and as long as I don't act like a hooligan or idiot on the road portions and when next to peoples houses its fine that I run it. can someone clear this up for me. because if I can ill bring my 990 and the 250 and ride both days.
2006 250sx-f
OrangeDevil37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #38
OhioPT
Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeDevil37 View Post
after talking to some locals around here that regular attend or have attended the hanging rock 200, I have heard I can run my 250sx in the dual sport and be fine even thought its not street legal. I was told you guys (have to) tell me that it has to be legal but at the event its not really an issue and as long as I don't act like a hooligan or idiot on the road portions and when next to peoples houses its fine that I run it. can someone clear this up for me. because if I can ill bring my 990 and the 250 and ride both days.
You can "probably" get away with it. But keep this in mind, if a LEO catches you, you will be fined. You also put the ride itself in jeopardy, because you will attract unwanted attention and piss off the law and they will start to crack down on these events and bikes that are "barely" street legal. In other words, you can ruin it for all of us. If you have a headlight, tail light, valid license plate, and quiet exhaust, then you should be okay. But, if you are missing any of the above, then I don't think you should run it in these events.
OhioPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:31 AM   #39
Buckeye Dualsporter
Buckeye Dualsporter1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post
You can "probably" get away with it. But keep this in mind, if a LEO catches you, you will be fined. You also put the ride itself in jeopardy, because you will attract unwanted attention and piss off the law and they will start to crack down on these events and bikes that are "barely" street legal. In other words, you can ruin it for all of us. If you have a headlight, tail light, valid license plate, and quiet exhaust, then you should be okay. But, if you are missing any of the above, then I don't think you should run it in these events.
Thank you OhioPT, you are 100% correct. A couple more things. I do not speak for any other club. We (Buckeye Dualsporters) do a visual teck inspection "and" a sound test on all bikes. On your legality, we had a couple guys decided they would ignore us and put their tags on their packs. They did get stopped. One person had borrowed a friend's Harley tag. He got ticketed and his bike impounded. Our local LEOs are good folks, they look out for us. Do not make it tough for them.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:18 AM   #40
Buckeye Dualsporter
Buckeye Dualsporter1

Coming to the end of April. We are down to the last 3 cabins. One is a 3 bedroom. They will not last!
Old 04-30-2014, 06:09 AM   #41
OrangeDevil37
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
im not trying to cause any problems. that's why I asked about it. I have a xt 250 that's legal but it sucks to ride its a slug. the rest of everything I have is race bikes except for the 990. kind if a bummer. I may do the adventure ride. really wanted to do the dual sport ride but it don't look like its going to happen.
2006 250sx-f
OrangeDevil37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:42 AM   #42
eas
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeDevil37 View Post
You've got plenty of time to get your SX title changed over to MC title, get a plate, throw on a head light, tail light & quiet muffler, then you're ready to ride it for the Hanging Rock. Without those changes, don't even bring it.
eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #43
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,271
I may have overlooked it on the flyer, but what time Saturday and Sunday does this start?

If a guy wanted to do one day of the trail riding, which day would be the better?

If I wanted to stick around for both days, what is the camping (non cabin) situation? Does the park just let us pitch a tent that weekend without extra fees or do we still need to to be registered as campers with the park?

And the start both days is at the (new) Lake Hope Lodge, up on top of the hill from 278?

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #44
Buckeye Dualsporter
Buckeye Dualsporter1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I may have overlooked it on the flyer, but what time Saturday and Sunday does this start?

If a guy wanted to do one day of the trail riding, which day would be the better?

If I wanted to stick around for both days, what is the camping (non cabin) situation? Does the park just let us pitch a tent that weekend without extra fees or do we still need to to be registered as campers with the park?

And the start both days is at the (new) Lake Hope Lodge, up on top of the hill from 278?
Last first, yes everything starts up at the Laural Lodge. Signup opens Friday night at 7 PM and both weekend days at 7 AM. Riders meeting 8:30 subject to slippage. the restaurant will be open for breakfast and they are gooood!

Depends said the old person. Both days are very good. The more aggressive enduro-ish trail day is Saturday. Sundays is great with some old standards and private single track. Just a little easier.

Adventure routes both days are great with some fun contests.

Lake hope has a great campground. They even have camper cabins and all ready set up camp sites for the newbie. They can be rented ahead or get them when you show up.

By the way lunch Saturday is at the airport and they will have gas for sale!
Old 05-03-2014, 05:18 AM   #45
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
No. You still need to reserve and pay for a site. The cabins all have 2 or 3 bedrooms plus a couch, you may be able to find someone who has an empty bunk.