Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #166
TheBlurr OP
Banned

Oddometer: 5,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
That must be the only time Wraith has had someone agree with him, and relying on Wraith as a yes man says quite a good amount about you.

Just take it easy for the first 100 miles, big fucking deal. Yes there may be something in the road and you react the best you can, but if going slow and cautious the chances of being caught off guard are pretty slim. Being tense is a direct input to the wheels, but I'm not tense, just cautious and relaxed, there is a difference. Others have said it, I'll say it again, I call bullshit on you using ad hominem to say that if I ride cautiously for the first 100 miles because I think a tire is slick that I must be a bad rider, believe in witches and Santaria and pray to the evil god Zuul.

When it comes to personal experience versus someone with a long pedigree in a given topic, I will take my personal experience the majority of the time. There are scientific things and of course I trust scientists instead of my opinion, hell the world doesn't look round to me...but if I rub my new tire and it is shiny and slick, no rocket/tire scientist is going to change my mind about how I, NOT YOU, ride the next 100 miles.

You should lurk more and post less. From the few years on this site I've learned a great deal, there is probably 100,000 years of motorcycle riding experience in these threads. I've learned many eye opening tips and tricks from camping to riding etc, but you posting an article from some random guy on the internet is not impressive. You still holding your position of telling others what to do after being put in your place, and being yessed by Wraith, even less so
SO basically you are a closed minded fool. who only agrees with what his preconceived notion of "right or wrong" is. Sorry I am not like that at all, I like most of you idgets believed in the "Slick tire nonsense" but it never quit made complete sense to me.
I never took riding classes seriously as like nearly every person on this thread, I felt my personal experience was enough. I was always a drag my pegs kind of guy laughing thinking it was funny for people to see the sparks fly up as I passed em.
I listened to all the old bikers who supposedly had a wealth of information.
What I learned was the vast majority of them survived on blind luck and became able to compensate poor abilities with some sort of skill.
I learned my lessons once I started reading, and immersied myself within the sport, I learned so much more once I set aside by own beliefs and opened my mind.
The track was hands down the best thing I ever did, followed by a couple of Clinics as I mentioned before something I would like to do every year.
If its worth learning one thing from a single class, it was money well spent.
Keep being a fool, that is certainly your choice, but the science as presented thus far backs up my claim and those people with the most track experience also back it up.
And FYI, sanding your tire would not do a damn thing if there was this mythical slick substance as it would be baked into your tire.
Merely riding down the asphalt even a mile would have far, far more effect do to its abrasive nature. That I realized even when I did believe the "tires are slick" nonsense, the fact you and so many others do not shows a severe lack of critical thinking.

Pantah has been a blessing to this thread, if you merely read his posts it is not written with the superstitious ignorance, but with the cold reality of analyzing what really is going on as that is his career and ultimately his life.

As I said and I will continue to say, I challenge each and every one of you to increase your knowledge via schools and the track, not otherwise.
I have yet to see a single person who believes in the silly slick tire nonsense say "yea go to the track and see people tearing it up on new scrubbed tires". Why? because they know most people realize it is a myth but they themselves are holding onto supersticion and do not want to be proved wrong.

Open your mind, or do not, I really am not one to care, but do not dare tell me nor people such as Pantah or even Mr Holst who knows personally not one, but several manufacturing reps, top racers ect, they are wrong.
TheBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #167
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
In the end all you're doing here is riding a keyboard.
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #168
Wraith Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
That must be the only time Wraith has had someone agree with him, and relying on Wraith as a yes man says quite a good amount about you.
The difference between me and an idiot is: I can understand and explain the point of view of someone else no matter if I agree or not; and I judge by reason, not by person.
What does separate you from an idiot?
Old 12-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #169
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith Rider View Post
What does separate you from an idiot?

ADVrider.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #170
doc4216
Chronic High Fiver

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlurr View Post
Open your mind, or do not, I really am not one to care, but do not dare tell me nor people such as Pantah or even Mr Holst who knows personally not one, but several manufacturing reps, top racers ect, they are wrong.

I have read most of this thread and am not on one side or the other but to say "open your mind but don't tell me I'm wrong" sounds pretty hypocritical to me. In other words, "Open your minds to what I say but don't disagree with me."

Happy Holidays everyone
Old 12-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #171
ozmoses
Ride On

Oddometer: 3,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post

IMO, this thread has been reduced to absurdity. But, Blurrrrrrrrrrrrrr et al, I'll tell you this: after washing and scrubbing new rubber I've found no need to "take it easy" on the street.
Now, does that process somehow "age" the tire 100 miles? No, that is not what I'm saying. But, using this method I feel 100% comfortable riding on wet or dry pavement.
Again, on the street not on the track.
As I've stated previously, you do what you do & I'll do what I do; I really don't care what you do unless and until it interferes with what I do.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #172
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
... And giving advice that has the potential to get someone hurt. Way to represent.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #173
Earth Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,365
what a pointless blowhard thread. it got me away from the family for a bit, so thanks to all for that. :) merry xmas.
Earth Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #174
TheBlurr OP
Banned

Oddometer: 5,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmoses View Post

IMO, this thread has been reduced to absurdity. But, Blurrrrrrrrrrrrrr et al, I'll tell you this: after washing and scrubbing new rubber I've found no need to "take it easy" on the street.
Now, does that process somehow "age" the tire 100 miles? No, that is not what I'm saying. But, using this method I feel 100% comfortable riding on wet or dry pavement.
Again, on the street not on the track.
As I've stated previously, you do what you do & I'll do what I do; I really don't
care what you do unless and until it interferes with what I do.

Fair enough, I just ride and take caution on the street in general ;)
TheBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #175
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,235
Quote:
I just ride and take caution on the street in general ;)
So by your logic, that will not only make you a poor unsafe rider on new tires, but all the time..
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #176
dmcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
The Blurr, I admire your resilience, and loyalty, to a man who made a comment in 2008, in a magazine article that it took you five years to stumble across, but I had lunch with two peple today, that's 2013, who make tyres for a living, at Michelin, and use silicone spray to release them from their moulds.

I know when I'm on my death bed, that I will look back with regret at the several minutes of my life that I have apparently wasted scrubbing in my new tyres, but that's for me to worry about, although I appreciate your concern!
dmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #177
ozmoses
Ride On

Oddometer: 3,035
Quote:
Fair enough, I just ride and take caution on the street in general ;)

Same here.

Kinda the whole point about the tire scrubbing thing.

Ironic, isn't it?
Old 12-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #178
kneeslider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 818
to scuff or not to scuff

It has been my belief that scuffing was necessary because of the tire mold "releasing agent" on the tires.

I have always "scuffed in" my new tires. Error on the safe side eh?
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #179
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post

Most of the people posting on this thread have no first hand knowledge about whether new tires must be scrubbed or not.
Last I checked, everyone on here rides.
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #180
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,901
Quote:
Yea, thats it, My goal on here was just to be a total prick and not to help dispel a bullshit myth that does not allow people to be better riders.
As long as you keep making excuses they will continue to suffer.
Oh the humanity!

Not allow people to be better riders.? They will continue to suffer? For not going balls to the wall right off the bat with brand new tires? I think more people would be suffering following your advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcd View Post
Sorry The Blurr, I couldn't resist, found this funny, hope you do too ;-)
verb(blurs, blurring, blurred)
  • make or become unclear or less distinct
noun

• a thing that cannot be seen or heard clearly
I still find it amazing(and pretty funny) how some inmates user names, and avatars mimic their personalities(at least online)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomantra View Post
I scrub my new tires with a wire brush, to make sure the ARMOR-ALL I sprayed on them gets impregnated.
You're doing it all wrong. You use bacon grease on the tires. The armor-all goes on the seat!

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote