Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #241
erkmania
Still Adventuring

Oddometer: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Rider View Post
you really like tires, huh?

It just occurred to me. It's very cold where the OP lives this part of the year. Seems to me that all a young lad can do there right now is get a Sears catalog...um, I mean, a tire brochure and fantasize about riding come spring.

I wish for you warmer days, OP.

2011 BMW R1200GS, 2004 KTM 950, 1996 ATK 605 ESDS
erkmania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #242
neepuk
Such a drag...

Oddometer: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlurr View Post
Really, where has my advice been unsound?

yes they are your contact patch to the gound, you bet your ass I love them
Well let's start from the very beginning.

Quote:
I see it is still being perpetuated, and it simply is not true...
Troll! This has gone on way too long. I hope new riders take the advice from actual motorcycle enthusiasts that ride and have real world experience, the tire manufacturers, and tire sellers themselves over the potentially deadly BS that's been spewing out of your keyboard throughout this entire thread. You come off as someone that doesn't even ride a motorcycle with the nonsense you type throughout this thread. Shit, you ride a KLR. I wonder if you've ever even bought new tires or if you just go grab take-offs from behind your local dealer at night.
neepuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #243
TheBlurr OP
Banned

Oddometer: 5,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkmania View Post
It just occurred to me. It's very cold where the OP lives this part of the year. Seems to me that all a young lad can do there right now is get a Sears catalog...um, I mean, a tire brochure and fantasize about riding come spring.

I wish for you warmer days, OP.
HA!

I am actually riding down south right now I am dragging ass this morning do to a couple factors.

One my new Sergeant seat is only comfy for the first one hundred miles of solid riding

Two my new cortech tour master really is not a three season coat, I froze my butt off in the desert last night as I explored some side roads for way to long, riding the interstate after just sucked.
three, opting to take my Sidi Vertigo corsa over my base Alpinestars leather boots was not my best choice.
While I have ridden in the cold quit often with them on the old sportbike, I never have on this bike, in fact I never have. SO I with the feet up on the highway bars I can feel every single screw hole as the wind tickles or rather numbs my feet
But that is what makes it all an adventure..............A pic from the Valley Of Fire yesterday :)
TheBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #244
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,532
Quote:

One my new Sergeant seat is only comfy for the first one hundred miles of solid riding

G]
change your underwear
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #245
neepuk
Such a drag...

Oddometer: 1,541
Quote:
HA!

I am actually riding down south right now I am dragging ass this morning do to a couple factors.

Two my new cortech tour master really is not a three season coat, I froze my butt off in the desert last night as I explored some side roads for way to long, riding the interstate after just sucked.
three, opting to take my Sidi Vertigo corsa over my base Alpinestars leather boots was not my best choice.
While I have ridden in the cold quit often with them on the old sportbike, I never have on this bike, in fact I never have. SO I with the feet up on the highway bars I can feel every single screw hole as the wind tickles or rather numbs my feet
But that is what makes it all an adventure..............A pic from the Valley Of Fire yesterday :)
Quite an imagination you have there... Oh, and could you drop a few more names and name brands for us all? Nice pic you copied and pasted from the internet somewhere. With the statements and advice you've offered up in this thread this certainly can't be a genuine and true post.

neepuk screwed with this post 12-27-2013 at 09:33 AM
neepuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #246
erkmania
Still Adventuring

Oddometer: 890
Quote:
HA!

Hey, you should do a ride report on your adventures and submit it in the appropriate forum. That could be some interesting reading.

In the meantime, we'll mind the store here and clean up the remaining messes left in your wake.

2011 BMW R1200GS, 2004 KTM 950, 1996 ATK 605 ESDS
erkmania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #247
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,196
If my bike was as slow as a KLR I might not notice slippery tires either.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #248
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkent02 View Post
If my bike was as slow as a KLR I might not notice slippery tires either.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #249
EastSideSM
Isn't that dangerous?

Oddometer: 1,490
I think that some others have touched on the fact that the OP is A MORON. And please, anyone new to riding, please disregard anything he says about new tires and how they do not pose any kind of danger to an unsuspecting idiot who would follow his advice. ANY TIME I have purchased new tires and had them mounted the dealer has ALWAYS said to me to "remember that the new tire is slick" and to make sure I "break it in" before attempting any extreme lean angles to be careful with the throttle until I have gone through a few heat cycles. So I think I will continue to believe in the perpetuated myth about a new tire being extra slick. OP, please refrain from offering "advice". You could get someone killed with your brand of "knowledge".
Old 12-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #250
Earth Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,037
imagine if we could harness the bizarre passion behind this utterly useless "ride as fast as you want on new tires" knowledge base and put it toward curing cancer.
Earth Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #251
Earth Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,037
hopefully with less name dropping.
Earth Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #252
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,532
I don't concern myself much with breaking in tires cause I generally don't need to test the limits of traction

about 8 or 9 years ago, I was riding home from my local dealer with brand new Pirelli MTR60-Corsas on my SV650, as I left the dealer, the first car that came up behind me happened to be a state LEO, within ¼ mile as I was approaching a traffic light, it turned yellow, I thought to myself, I got time to stop, so I should, next thing I know, (I applied front and rear) the rear locked up and I was past the stop line out in the middle of the intersection

of course, the LEO lights me up, I was about to begin to explain that I had new tires, when an older truck coming in the opposite direction was making noise and obviously wasn't even roadworthy, the LEO sez to me " today is your lucky day" and then took off to chase the truck
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #253
dmcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 561
Quote:
It'll be fine once you get it scrubbed in, and run it through a couple of heat cycles :-)
dmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #254
ROAD DAMAGE
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 926
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcd View Post
It'll be fine once you get it scrubbed in, and run it through a couple of heat cycles :-)

Well played dmcd, well played.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #255
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,491
Quote:
Really, where has my advice been unsound?
Your first post.
k-moe is online now   Reply With Quote