ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 04:16 PM   #31
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

Oddometer: 343
We'll I can't find a single mover to help. I have everything moved in except the couch and desk. If anyone can assist today or tomorrow please let me know. I'm going to see if I can get the couch up myself.

Thanks,
GW
Old 01-19-2014, 09:57 PM   #32
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

Okay folks. One last thing. Is there a kawi dealer I can trust around? The concours is giving an immobilizer error. Got some smoke too, not good.

GW
Old 01-20-2014, 01:39 AM   #33
Matt fe2o3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 552
GW don't know about kwaker service in Redwood City but if you are still stuck with move I can come by at Noon Tuesday for 45 min, then have to scram fast to work.
Matt fe2o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #34
Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
Okay folks. One last thing. Is there a kawi dealer I can trust around? The concours is giving an immobilizer error. Got some smoke too, not good.

GW
There is motor cafe in sunnyvale, and also missionmotorcycles in Daily City(San Francisco).
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #35
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt fe2o3 View Post
GW don't know about kwaker service in Redwood City but if you are still stuck with move I can come by at Noon Tuesday for 45 min, then have to scram fast to work.
Thanks. As of now I think I'm okay. I have someone coming at 9 to help.

I have the truck so I can take the bike anywhere I need to as long as it gets me riding!

GW
Old 01-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #36
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

Thanks guys. Bike is sorted and I'm ready to ride!

GW
Old 01-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #37
Sfcootz
Banjoboy is my guru.

Oddometer: 2,985
Yay! Let's go.

Viva la figa
Sfcootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #38
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,547
The weather is great. Maybe go explore the Santa Cruz Mountains near Hwy 9? You will want to get to know that area like the back of your hand. It is now yours for the taking.

Breakfast at Spanky's Cafe in Ben Lomand, maybe some lunch in Half Moon Bay. There are lots of choices: sushi or tacos in town, fish n chips, chowder, or oysters at Sam's Chowder House on the beach... then back over Hwy 92 home.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #39
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
The weather is great. Maybe go explore the Santa Cruz Mountains near Hwy 9? You will want to get to know that area like the back of your hand. It is now yours for the taking.

Breakfast at Spanky's Cafe in Ben Lomand, maybe some lunch in Half Moon Bay. There are lots of choices: sushi or tacos in town, fish n chips, chowder, or oysters at Sam's Chowder House on the beach... then back over Hwy 92 home.
The weather is great, and I caught a cold so I get to peer at it through the window and wish I was riding!

Hopefully this weekend..

-GW
Old 01-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #40
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,547
Ah, crap. The flu/cold that is going around seems to be about a 3 day illness if you don't get any complications. My ear infection caused vertigo, so kept me off the bike for 2 weeks.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #41
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

Anyone know if fastrak will work from inside a top box?

It seems like it would but I'd hate to try it and have it not work...

-GW
Old 02-10-2014, 10:41 PM   #42
Matt fe2o3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
Anyone know if fastrak will work from inside a top box?

It seems like it would but I'd hate to try it and have it not work...

-GW
GW, you don't need the transponder. You DO NEED TO create and account with fastback with your vehicle license plates entered.

The camera reads them and assigns tolls. In the first version of the matrix, er I mean Fastrack, this was not allowed, however now it's golden. Just enter your vehicle license plate numbers and leave the transponder at home.

OK, now that being said, the system have a huge issue with reading license plates with zeros or alpha character "O"'s. There are no zeros in the California license plate system, only alpha "O"'s, but nobody told the software writers...

I have three "O"'s on one of the bikes and it reads them as zeros sometimes and and "O"'s other times. I basically had to add a license plate with zeros after the regular characters to avoid getting no-toll-paid letters.

Vanity has its costs...

Meantime Wednesday ADV meetup in Oakland, check the thread. Hope to see you there.

Edit: GW you do need to buy a transponder. You just don't need it with the vehicle. Go to Walgreen's see if they have one usually you get like a 7 dollar discount. Follow the instructions to register it and assign vehicles.

Matt fe2o3 screwed with this post 02-10-2014 at 11:17 PM
Matt fe2o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #43
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

And yet another area question.

I've got about 7200 miles on my rear tire and its looking pretty sad. I figure I've got a few more weeks of commuting on it before it becomes imperative to replace it.

Normally I would do this myself, however, I don't have an air compressor.

So the question is can anyone recommend a place to go get a tire, OR, does anyone have a decent compressor (100psi) and want to learn how to change your own tire.

The method I use is one you can do on the side of the road in a pinch. It can be done with a portable compressor but it takes a lot longer and I really don't want to pull the bike apart here at the apartment complex. I'll go that route if I have to.

-GW
Old 02-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #44
christian
Exchange your GPS Track!

Oddometer: 2,618
Cycle gear on el camino but you bring just the wheel

Otherwise maybe Doug motorcycle in San Mateo
Or some dealers.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:02 PM   #45
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

Nice, my apartment is 500 feet from cycle gear. Score!

-GW

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian View Post
Cycle gear on el camino but you bring just the wheel

Otherwise maybe Doug motorcycle in San Mateo
Or some dealers.