User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
SocalCPA OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
A Very Rottweiler Christmas!

So I was wondering what I was going to get myself this year and was running out of time so that I would have gifts under my tree. I came across the Rottweiler products in this forum and did some investigating. I immediately liked the design of the products and purchased the Rottweiler Intake system, the Snap Out, the Dog House, and the Snap Rack luggage system.

I must say that the best part of the purchase was meeting Christian Parker, owner of CPR Fabrications. I ordered my parts last Thursday night and called Friday to see if I could pick them up on Saturday since I live in San Diego, and they are in Costa Mesa. Christian not only met me at his shop on the Saturday before Xmas, but spent 4 hours showing me how to install the products, load the TuneECU software and (free!) maps, and giving me a cool tour of his shop and all the really ingenious ideas he has developed.

SocalCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
SocalCPA OP
Adventurer

The Snap Rack Install

I tackled the Snap Rack luggage system first. The reason I was looking for a new solution was because I have been using the Hepco plastic top case with their base plate. Well, after not much real hard use, the latches on the top case broke into many pieces and two of the small welds on the base broke, a POS product in my opinion. When I saw the really nicely milled, thick!, aluminium that this product is made from I bought it on the spot, and Christian actually sold me the Moose Racing expandable pack, which the base is specifically designed for, right off his bike for his cost!

This is a picture of the lower base plate with the Snaps install, they are little towers that the luggage plate slides on to. The install was very simple, as all hardware is supplied. The only part where you have to be careful is drilling a 3/4" hole through the plastic fender and sub-fender as this system is adjusted and held in place by a spring loaded latch from under the fender, just have to be careful about the wiring for the lights. I drilled the holes by hand with large wood bit.

This is with the top plate installed, note that you have two main mounting positions for one-up or two-up riding, and multiple micro-adjustments for each position.

This is the system with the Moose Racing bag installed, the bag is really nice too, and it is shown fully expanded. Total install time about 30 minutes. Can't wait to pack it and go on a trip!

Old 12-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
SocalCPA OP
Adventurer

Rottweiler Intake, Snap Out, and Dog House Install

One thing I dislike about the 990 is taking off all the body work and tanks to do any maintenance. I was due for an oil change so I incorporated a CJ Designs Oil Tank Drain Hose, a very slick product, into this upgrade as well. With Intake System, and Snap Out, you can get you your filter with the turn of a screw driver, F*ing genious! And, you drop almost four pounds. Note that I have previously performed the SASendectomy, and Canisterectomy from the ADVrider HOW, those are required for install of the intake system.

You will be removing the entire airbox, and reinstalling the engine case breather and check valve, and the sensor, onto the plate. Here is a pic after removing the stock air box and installing the plate (with check valve and sensor), note that I ended up taking off the hose. This allows so much easier access around the engine.

Next I installed the Snap Out which holds the main fuse panel, and allows the quick removal of the glove box without all the f*ing screws and bolts.

Side view with glove box

Top View, note the big silver screw button in the center, all it takes is a twist and your whole glove box is off. There is a good video on the CPR Fabrications website.

With all the extra space without the airbox, I install the tri-fecta, the Dog House storage that creates a nice space for storage and forms a nice fit with the bottom of the seat.

And here is a shot with all three done, with the filter on:

The bike sounds amazing with my Remus 2 to 1 pipe, can't wait to go ride!
Old 12-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
SocalCPA OP
Adventurer

CJ Designs Oil Drain Hose

This a nifty little trinket as well, an easy access oil drain plug so you don't have to move the left tank. I also routed it under the battery compartment and created a small whole in the plastic tab on the battery compartment by the fuel line to zip tie it in place.

You do have to modify the bracket by taking off the corner, they supply a template, and it was easily accomplished with a Dremel.

Old 12-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
armourbl
Adventure Life

Oddometer: 568
Nice write up and pics. Gotta love the personal service.

ben
armourbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #6
stevh0
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,393
Soon both my 9fiddies will be sporting them.

Damn, product looks top notch!
Ex SM610, FS570, WR450, Africa Twin(s)
stevh0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #7
superhak31
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Glove box mod is genius! Did it. Love it!
superhak31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #8
JohnnyWaffles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
I really like the Dog House storage area...that's a reason alone to get the air filter! Perfect tool storage location...love it.

Thanks for taking the time to take photos and do this write up.
The KTM is the kind of bike you take behind the middle school and get pregnant. It's the kind of bike that, from the moment you light the fire, you know is downright nasty and makes you want to meet in the Burger King bathroom and lick its butthole.
JohnnyWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #9
SocalCPA OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhak31 View Post
Glove box mod is genius! Did it. Love it!
I agree, I wish I would have thought it up!
Old 12-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #10
SocalCPA OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevh0 View Post
Soon both my 9fiddies will be sporting them.

Damn, product looks top notch!
Yes, it looks more factory than the factory stuff.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
armourbl
Adventure Life

Oddometer: 568
For the dog house storage, any issues with heat from the rear cylinder?

ben
armourbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
flynride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Thanks for the write up! I haven't installed the CJ oil line but I will be doing so very soon.

I have had no issues with heat and the doghouse storage box. I wouldn't put anything susceptible to heat in it but a tube is just fine or something else like that.

I'm stoked to see a large number of people supporting the original.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #13
Lav1200
Pig Pen

Oddometer: 1,221
Thanks for the pics of the Rottweiler install. Do you have any photos of how you routed the oil drain line? I just bought a 950 that came with the CPR drain line uninstalled... wondering where to route it after it exits the oil reservoir.
Lav1200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #14
SocalCPA OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
For the dog house storage, any issues with heat from the rear cylinder?

ben
I,will,take,note when I,ride this weekend. Going out for a long ride.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #15
SocalCPA OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lav1200 View Post
Thanks for the pics of the Rottweiler install. Do you have any photos of how you routed the oil drain line? I just bought a 950 that came with the CPR drain line uninstalled... wondering where to route it after it exits the oil reservoir.
I installed the CJ designs oil drain hose. I didn't take a pic of that, but I routed under the battery toward the right tank, it sits directly behind the fuel line, and I drilled a hole in the most forward plastic tab so I could zip tie it in place. I couldn't really see a better direction let me know if you come up with one.