ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #16
Phoenix101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugemoth View Post
My hope is that some boozers make the switch to weed, dropping the booze. That would be better for everyone. Better to have a toker driving 25 in a 45 zone than a boozer driving 75 in a 45 zone.

want to bet your life or your kid's life on it? I personally don't care if people smoke or not... it is your lungs just don't expect me to pay for your healthcare... same with drinkers that trash their liver...

Phoenix101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #17
tommybelvedere
Adv alacarte'

Oddometer: 415
This could get interesting?

I can't wait to finally see this happen, i have to say i never thought it would happen. I will enter the argument that i never seen a stoned driver crash, i never been around people that were stoned and wanted to fight, tear things up, or do some of the stupid shit that a drunk would do. Its just my observations from 10 years of being married to an alcoholic. I have seen some stupid shit. I am not condoning driving while high or drunk, but be a little responsible. It should be interesting!
TB
tommybelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #18
some call me...tim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
The whole "so many more impaired drivers on the road" argument is a red herring, IMO. Being on a bike and being able to smell the surroundings, I've been in the vicinity of people toking while driving plenty of times. People have been driving high for years, and now the state just has a means to enforce it. For those truly worried about the number of stoned drivers increasing and their highway safety being at risk, the state's limit is set pretty darn low--probably around the equivalent of having one beer.

From a test last year after the vote:

Quote:
A blood test would later show that Norton was driving at seven times the legal limit for pot with 36.7 nanograms of marijuana in her system, but she was still driving OK.

“I wouldn’t pull her off the road yet. No, not at this point,” said driving instructor Jackson.

After 3 tenths of a gram of pot, Evans was doing fine behind the wheel, even though KIRO’s lab test would later reveal that Evans was driving at five times the legal limit, with 26 nanograms of pot in his system.

When Underberg was on the track, he was being cautious and driving slower than he should, which could catch a police officer’s eye on the road.

Underberg’s blood tests showed the he was at four times the legal limit, with 21.7 nanograms in his system, but again, while his driving was slow, it was still acceptable.
some call me...tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #19
hugemoth OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,618
Eventually someone with a bunch of money is going to get thrown in the slammer for being over the THC limit and bring a lawsuit. The court will update the current limit with something more realistic.
hugemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #20
Double H
Hurricane Harry

Oddometer: 1,334
Quote:
Eventually someone with a bunch of money is going to get thrown in the slammer for being over the THC limit and bring a lawsuit. The court will update the current limit with something more realistic.

eventually someone with a bunch of money will test postive and lose thier job. hopefully the feds will remove marijauna from schedule one
Double H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #21
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix101 View Post
want to bet your life or your kid's life on it? I personally don't care if people smoke or not... it is your lungs just don't expect me to pay for your healthcare... same with drinkers that trash their liver...
Guess what you are!

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
Sethro303
Master of Disaster

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
The THC limit in Washington was taken from the federal DOT standards.

And if anybody believes that this won't increase the number of impaired drivers on the road you are fooling yourself. Just because you think you can smell a stoner from 100yards, doesn't mean they weren't eating brownies, cookies or some other edible product.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/
Sethro303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #23
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 11,571
Threads full of hyperbole really get a person thinking.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #24
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double H View Post
eventually someone with a bunch of money will test postive and lose thier job. hopefully the feds will remove marijauna from schedule one

That's what really needs to happen. Its a plant. Its not refined or cooked for this long, with this ingredient or that type of vinegar or whatever the fuck. Its a plant. From nature.

When a seed is made illegal you know our system is fucked
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #25
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 11,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinroach View Post
When a seed is made illegal you know our system is fucked
Let's not turn this into a Monsanto thread.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #26
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,885
I love the old folks who can't et over their weed obsession.

There is plenty of equipment and machinery where I would not want a stoned person operating it.

Testing positive and losing your job will certainly get challenged in the courts in the future (if not already).

I do not trust the stoner to work productively OR make good decisions.

Wow man, I just cut off that dick in the next lane. Dude Where did he come from lol...

CHILDS PLAY
Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #27
some call me...tim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
I love the old folks who can't et over their weed obsession.

There is plenty of equipment and machinery where I would not want a stoned person operating it.

Testing positive and losing your job will certainly get challenged in the courts in the future (if not already).

I do not trust the stoner to work productively OR make good decisions.

Wow man, I just cut off that dick in the next lane. Dude Where did he come from lol...

CHILDS PLAY
I don't think anybody is advocating that people operate heavy machinery or vehicles while high. Just as nobody is advocating people do that while drunk either. My point was that right or wrong, there have been plenty of people driving around stoned before legalization was even a possibility--it's not like stoned folk are going to magically be appearing out of nowhere just because they can get their weed at a shop instead of their dealer's house. Yes, there will likely be some new users trying things out since they can, but I'd hazard to guess that the vast majority who will be partaking in retail MJ, already do so with medical or black market MJ.

Now people can get a DUI for low amounts of MJ in their system, lower amounts than cause actual impairment, as the article above illustrates. That should be making the skeptics of legalization happier, but it doesn't seem to do so. Maybe they should just, you know, relax...man.
some call me...tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #28
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
Let's not turn this into a Monsanto thread.
What we do? Lol

Have you read about bill gates, Monsanto and Dupont/Bayer wanting a bunker on some island near Iceland?? They want to safeguard "master seeds for future generations"...

Back to the herb....
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #29
dhally
Hammerhead

Oddometer: 2,004
I have my doubts it will actually happen here in Eastern WA. Most of the local city councils have delayed approving any licensed retailers for 3 to 6(?) months. I suppose some small town or county will try to cash in by having one.

I just can't believe the Feds will be able to resist making easy arrests. Oh, and the banks can't accept any funds so where will the businesses bank? Maybe just use bitcoins.
dhally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #30
bdcorrigan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
I believe in the bible it states...
"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.” Genesis 1:29

“And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.” Ezekiel 34:29

And I believe that Marijuana was found before Eve bit into the forbidden fruit. I could be wrong but does that make Marijuana "meat"?
bdcorrigan is offline   Reply With Quote