ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #241
sfront
Chaos in Motion
 
sfront's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: In the Shop, Deland, FL
Oddometer: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
I'll be following you... with a camera and Sena BT in tow!

Damn straight you are!!!
I figure I'll need help lifting the big girl up!

What are you riding? XRR? FIL 690?
__________________



STEVE

So what if it was short....I still had a great time!!!
sfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #242
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 10,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet View Post
V-strom... i don't do big girls in the soft sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfront View Post
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]

What are you riding? XRR? FIL 690?

__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #243
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™
 
Chicken Helmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville Fl
Oddometer: 4,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
V-strom... i don't do big girls in the soft sand
Not even for tater tots?
__________________
1988 KLR 650 Bare frame,swing arm & title For Sale PM for Details 2009 KLR 650 1994 DR 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #244
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 10,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet View Post
Not even for tater tots?

Well... maybe.

Are they fried or baked?
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:53 PM   #245
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™
 
Chicken Helmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville Fl
Oddometer: 4,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Well... maybe.

Are they fried or baked?
Fried like the accompanying tilefish.
__________________
1988 KLR 650 Bare frame,swing arm & title For Sale PM for Details 2009 KLR 650 1994 DR 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #246
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 10,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet View Post
Fried like the accompanying tilefish.

Fried OK... hold the tilefish please.
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #247
FASTnSPEEDY
Adventurer
 
FASTnSPEEDY's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by adv5110 View Post
I was curious as to where all the tent campers are going to be staying? East and west coast?
For tent camping Ceder Key you can camp at Shell Mound a few miles north of Cedar Key for a few dollars ($3 or $5).

In the past I've just ridden a mile outside of town and pitched a tent in the woods off one of the many small roads.

Can't speak to how Palm Coast is with camping, hoping someone will comment on a place worthy of a college budget (read free to really cheap).
__________________
John - DR650
FASTnSPEEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:11 AM   #248
motomike14
Thumper Crusader
 
motomike14's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTnSPEEDY View Post
For tent camping Ceder Key you can camp at Shell Mound a few miles north of Cedar Key for a few dollars ($3 or $5).

In the past I've just ridden a mile outside of town and pitched a tent in the woods off one of the many small roads.

Can't speak to how Palm Coast is with camping, hoping someone will comment on a place worthy of a college budget (read free to really cheap).
Staying at my parents place in Palm Coast...can ask if they would allow you to pitch up in the backyard if ya want. Backs up to a large wooded area and fenced in, so no likelihood of intruders. You just might have to watch your feet for dachsund droppings
__________________
"The bold adventurer succeeds the best.” - Ovid

I drink the koolaid too...just not the orange kind.
motomike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #249
cbechtle
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: NE Florida
Oddometer: 22
I'm late but I'm in for the rally...

Had to solidify my Amelia Concour plans (or lack of plans) so I'll be riding. Please get me on the list.
cbechtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #250
waybill
cheap thrill
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: N. Fla.
Oddometer: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTnSPEEDY View Post
For tent camping Ceder Key you can camp at Shell Mound a few miles north of Cedar Key for a few dollars ($3 or $5).

In the past I've just ridden a mile outside of town and pitched a tent in the woods off one of the many small roads.

Can't speak to how Palm Coast is with camping, hoping someone will comment on a place worthy of a college budget (read free to really cheap).
I've been trying to think of a spot siince you posted that and it's tough, Palm Coast is highly developed. Here is one idea though.

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...05282,0.099134

Where Old Kings Rd. makes a bow around the straight lines, the drawn part is the old road and is no longer in use. The top one is dirt and the bottom one is paved, there are wooded areas between both those sections.

Another possibility, the square lake I think has a dirt road around it with at least partial access, and there are little dead end roads on either side of 95.

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...13186,0.024784
__________________
Bill

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350

waybill screwed with this post 02-26-2014 at 12:59 PM
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #251
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder
 
Bobby Ginger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: N.E. FL
Oddometer: 940
TRANS FLORIDA GS RALLY II March 8th, 9th 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfront View Post

Damn straight you are!!!
I figure I'll need help lifting the big girl up!

What are you riding? XRR? FIL 690?

Looking like I have to go out of town next week, which means no reverse rally for me. I'll still be in for the main event. I may get the big girl in the soft stuff as well, depending on how dry it is over the next week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2009 GSA 2008 Husky TE450 2013 Husky Terra
IBA 50407
Bobby Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:39 PM   #252
rheritage
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Savannah, GA
Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybill View Post
I've been trying to think of a spot siince you posted that and it's tough, Palm Coast is highly developed. Here is one idea though.

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...05282,0.099134

Where Old Kings Rd. makes a bow around the straight lines, the drawn part is the old road and is no longer in use. The top one is dirt and the bottom one is paved, there are wooded areas between both those sections.

Another possibility, the square lake I think has a dirt road around it with at least partial access, and there are little dead end roads on either side of 95.

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...13186,0.024784
Camping at the Holiday RV Park with the BMW Airhead group, will leave camp setup through the weekend so I can stay for Sunday night party. Reserved a room and the Gulf Side in Cedar Key for Saturday night.

Rich
__________________
R75/5, R75/5 AHRMA Racer, R100CS, R100GS PD, 1150GSA, WR450, Zuma 125

R100RS Sold, R80RT Sold, 1150RT Traded, RC51 Sold, KLR685 Sold, W650 Sold, CB1100F Traded, 1100S BCR Traded
rheritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #253
waybill
cheap thrill
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: N. Fla.
Oddometer: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheritage View Post
Camping at the Holiday RV Park with the BMW Airhead group, will leave camp setup through the weekend so I can stay for Sunday night party. Reserved a room and the Gulf Side in Cedar Key for Saturday night.

Rich
That's a nice big area in the back where they camp, should be plenty of room for anyone else that wants to. Don't know their rates but FandS was looking for cheap or free, hence the suggestion.
__________________
Bill

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:09 PM   #254
Olcec
n00b
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Oddometer: 1
In! (new to ADVRider)
Will be on a KLR650.
Olcec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #255
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"
 
Kyle B's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Lost in the hills of SW VA/ Winter in SW Florida
Oddometer: 811
After all the BS I talked, I may have to bow out of this one. I have committed to doing a photo shoot with Continental reps.(Germany)t the following weekend in Daytona for a set of FREE tires. I'm a tire whore, what can I say!
Next year for sure!


That tree in the video was very doable on a GS!
__________________
2009 R 1200 GS
2006 DRZ 400
2004 R 1150 RT
Kyle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014