Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #136
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltmeyer View Post
Yes sir, how about that waterproof cold weather glove a few of us have been asking for?
I have a sample I need to send to an ADVRider, just haven't been on that ball! Enough have requested, so I'll get on it...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #137
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn Blin View Post
Marketing and margin are a tricky business, but you have a great product and good reputation. Keep at it, grassroots will grow your base.

How about riding personalities and endorsements? Resellers? Dealer markets? Hell, Amazon should give another "Warsh-ing-ton" entrepreneur a boost!

The products are too good to let go. Hang in there!
Appreciate the input. Riding personalities and endorsements require cash. Just don't have it..and unwilling to spend it if I did. I thought my Magazine articles would be a catalyst for something, since they were not, I'm pretty much running blind right now, as I have no idea what to try next. Amazon though, that's a good idea, just one I haven't followed through on.

I've tried to work with Dealers, but typically they only want to carry "name brands" 98% of the Dealers that have been approached, could care less about protection, value or quality. They just want the names!

I have a friend that is the Manager at a local Dealership, he's got some of my gloves to show off, along with the Magazine articles. It's generating interest, so we'll see. But again, if I didn't know him, the shop could care less...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 05-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #138
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
Appreciate the input. Riding personalities and endorsements require cash. Just don't have it..and unwilling to spend it if I did. I thought my Magazine articles would be a catalyst for something, since they were not, I'm pretty much running blind right now, as I have no idea what to try next. Amazon though, that's a good idea, just one I haven't followed through on.

I've tried to work with Dealers, but typically they only want to carry "name brands" 98% of the Dealers that have been approached, could care less about protection, value or quality. They just want the names!

I have a friend that is the Manager at a local Dealership, he's got some of my gloves to show off, along with the Magazine articles. It's generating interest, so we'll see. But again, if I didn't know him, the shop could care less...
Anybody that owns your gloves knows they rock.

These guys have generated a ton of interest in their new luggage by taking their future customers along for the R&D ride. Maybe that is something you could consider? They're going to do quite well with their luggage that is exactly what we're all looking for, even though they're the new guys on the block, and a complete unknown 6mos. ago.

Just a thought!
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:47 PM   #139
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Anybody that owns your gloves knows they rock.

These guys have generated a ton of interest in their new luggage by taking their future customers along for the R&D ride. Maybe that is something you could consider? They're going to do quite well with their luggage that is exactly what we're all looking for, even though they're the new guys on the block, and a complete unknown 6mos. ago.

Just a thought!

I don't think I could do much in terms of R&D, since the hard part is already done. What I want to do is post some YouTube videos, showing the difference between ordinary and extraordinary.. It's visually undeniable, just talking about the testing dynamics isn't enough, a photo speaks a 1000 words, so video is worth 10k or 100K?

So, I have a request for anyone reading this:

I need some name brand gloves and in exchange, I'll give you a free pair of Formula gloves in your size, shipping is additional..

I need well known, name brand stuff. I can't bring myself to buy these gloves and then destroy them for a video.

Anything Dainese especially! Spidi, Held, Joe Rocket, RS Taichi, Knox, you name it.

I only need 1 pair per manufacturer, 1st come, 1st served..

Anyone?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 06-10-2014 at 06:53 PM
Old 06-10-2014, 09:04 PM   #140
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,459
Initial review of new Exhibition Pro.

I received my new gloves and took a quick minute to compare them to my two year old Prodigy Gloves. The Prodigy is my go to glove for street riding and I like feeling like my hands are as protected as possible. I decided to get a pair of Exhibition’s because the Prodigy gloves don’t work with all of my jackets (yes, I am a gear whore) because the gauntlet is really designed to be used with a leather track suit.

The Good:

The new gloves look much more finished than the old ones. The contrasting stitching looks really good compared to the all-black on the Prodigy. The Prodigy was more rough and ready – these Exhibitions are very nice.

I wear an XL in most gloves (except Klim - their sizing is bizarre). An XL Exhibition fits perfectly. I had a pair of Exhibitions a few years ago where the sizing was small but these are right on. I sold them to another inmate and got the Prodigy.

The new gloves feel just as solid as the old ones.

The new glove lining is much more comfortable than the old sandpaper lining in the Prodigy.

The not sure:

The “Kaprotec” label on the old gloves has been replaced by a “Kevlar” label on the new ones. My understanding is Kaprotec was the protective weave on likely wear spots on the palm. There is a similar weave on the new ones (Kevlar, I presume?) but it doesn’t seem as durable. It looks more like perforated leather rather than Kevlar.

When I took them out of the package, the new gloves stunk. It is a petroleum smell. Not sure what it is from but it went away after a few wearings. I never noticed this on the old gloves.

The new gloves squeak - the sound is coming from the knuckle area. Reminds me of my Sidi Crossfires.

The bad:

The leather patch (finger bridge) connecting the third and pinky fingers on the Prodigy is gone. I really liked that protection since many hand injuries come from hyperextended pinkies.

Riding:

I’ve taking these gloves for a few rides and forget all about them – the sign of a good fit. My Prodigy gloves took a while to break in and they felt a bit tight for the first couple of rides.

Overall, I am very impressed with these gloves. They are exactly what I was looking for. They feel much more solid than the Alpinestars GPAirs I bought last year.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #141
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 06-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #142
Dyn Blin
Irn Bru Lover

Oddometer: 109
I did an IBA run this weekend that required some GPS reroutes.

A huge help would be to have conductive thread in the index fingers to work capacitive screens.

'love the gloves. Had my first bout of heavy rain and they fared well (although I did treat them with Nikwax).

Dyn Blin screwed with this post 06-17-2014 at 07:30 PM Reason: Taptalk edit
Dyn Blin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #143
Hucker
Lost

Oddometer: 672
Quote:
Please update the thread with your results.
I treated mine with the Danner boot dressing. Turned out nice. They look like new. I have pictures somewhere. Will try to locate and post up.

Now, about those tan Exhibition Pros...I want!
Hucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #144
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Conductive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn Blin View Post
I did an IBA run this weekend that required some GPS reroutes.

A huge help would be to have conductive thread in the index fingers to work capacitive screens.

'love the gloves. Had my first bout of heavy rain and they fared well (although I did treat them with Nikwax).

Conductive thread, interesting... I think this would need to be an "in house" modification. Anyone know if there's a chemical out there, that would perform the same requirement? I see there's conductive glue's and ink's, anyone have experience here??

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 06-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #145
Dyn Blin
Irn Bru Lover

Oddometer: 109
It's a pretty easy mod to do at home, but I see more "regular" gloves with this built in. Other samples seem to have an extra (thin) leather layer across the index finger tip, so those may well be treated in some manner.
Dyn Blin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:47 AM   #146
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
There is a liquid product that was reviewed in MCN for making a fingertip conductive.
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:27 AM   #147
spuh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Glove trade in

Are you still looking for gloves to destroy? I could certainly help you here.
spuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #148
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuh View Post
Are you still looking for gloves to destroy? I could certainly help you here.

Hello,

At this point I'm being selective. What do you have?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 09-12-2014, 07:37 AM   #149
Ride Far
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
So, I have a request for anyone reading this:

I need some name brand gloves and in exchange, I'll give you a free pair of Formula gloves in your size, shipping is additional..

I need well known, name brand stuff. I can't bring myself to buy these gloves and then destroy them for a video.

Anything Dainese especially! Spidi, Held, Joe Rocket, RS Taichi, Knox, you name it.

I only need 1 pair per manufacturer, 1st come, 1st served..

Anyone?[/COLOR][/B]
I've got a pair of AlpineStars GPX gloves size XL purchased this year. Have less than 2000 miles on them, they are undamaged. Trade for a pair of Exhibition Pros? Can't do the Formulas, I'm a short cuff glove guy.
IBA #48073
http://ridefar.typepad.com
2008 DR650
2003 FZ1

Ride Far screwed with this post 09-12-2014 at 07:56 AM
Ride Far is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #150
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Far View Post
I've got a pair of AlpineStars GPX gloves size XL purchased this year. Have less than 2000 miles on them, they are undamaged. Trade for a pair of Exhibition Pros? Can't do the Formulas, I'm a short cuff glove guy.

I'll gladly add them to the list.

Can you call me 509-217-7118

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com