ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #16
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED
 
velocitygear's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Spokane, WA
Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacman View Post
In my Alpinestars (known for running a bit smaller than usual) an XXL is a bit snug and the fingers a bit short. Do you recommend an XXL in your glove with that in mind? I know you mentioned ignoring your chart so I am relying on you to get me the correct size. :)

Yes, I'd suggest the XXL with some slight massaging. I have a great method to help in these situations but it can only be used once you have the gloves in hand.

I'll be ordering all sizes, so if an exchange is needed it's not a problem.
__________________
Motorcycle Gear Built for Progression
safety -> = ~SPEED.....

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #17
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED
 
velocitygear's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Spokane, WA
Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcollect View Post
Would it be possible to produce a chart that said something like

Held | AStar | FirstGear | VelocityGear
9 | XL | L | L
10 | XXL | XL | XL

??

If not what is the Velocity equivalent to Held Size 10/AStars XXL ??
held 10 and A-Stars XXL- I'm going to say try an XL ;)
__________________
Motorcycle Gear Built for Progression
safety -> = ~SPEED.....

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:02 PM   #18
ssevy
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Adirondacks
Oddometer: 854
I had to exchange until I got the correct fit, but it was worth it. Even the same sizes had some variation in the older versions. Why not order one of each, and then return the ones that don't fit?
I know I sound like a paid endorsement, but you've really got to try these gloves to see how much better they are than what else is on the market.
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:55 PM   #19
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED
 
velocitygear's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Spokane, WA
Oddometer: 659
Gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
I had to exchange until I got the correct fit, but it was worth it. Even the same sizes had some variation in the older versions. Why not order one of each, and then return the ones that don't fit?
I know I sound like a paid endorsement, but you've really got to try these gloves to see how much better they are than what else is on the market.
Thanks SSEVY for your posts, customer reviews are always appreciated.

I've mentioned suppliers in past threads and I'm happy to say that most of 2013 was spent looking for people that understand the pursuit. After more than 10 years doing this, our current suppliers are better than ever!

Sizing is also much better than past efforts, just need to update the website to reflect the changes..
__________________
Motorcycle Gear Built for Progression
safety -> = ~SPEED.....

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 01-08-2014 at 11:24 AM
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #20
Texcollect
Adventurer wannabe
 
Texcollect's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
held 10 and A-Stars XXL- I'm going to say try an XL ;)
Off to order now. Thanks.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
__________________
If you love your bike, set it free. If it comes back to you, you just highsided.
Texcollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:43 PM   #21
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED
 
velocitygear's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Spokane, WA
Oddometer: 659
Prodigy

We were going to eliminate the Prodigy from our site but our new supplier would allow us to continue to produce it. Same price, colors and materials as the Formula..

Anyone???

For anyone else reading this and not finding a glove for them. Please post some suggestions as to glove types or styles you'd like to see.
__________________
Motorcycle Gear Built for Progression
safety -> = ~SPEED.....

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 01-08-2014 at 11:24 AM
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #22
earthroamerxvlt
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Redneck Riviera (Florida Panhandle)
Oddometer: 71
Hi John,

My wife and I both wear your gloves and they are by far the best we have owned. I even got to crash test mine after being struck from behind while traveling down a four lane. All my gear was badly damaged in a very long slide down the pavement, but the gloves survived with minimal damage.

I was hoping that the all Kangaroo versions of your gloves would again be available for an upcharge. The Kangaroo remains much stronger in the constant wet/dry cycles that gloves go through down here in the heat and humidity of Flatistan. Would we be able to special order the all Kangaroo or would you possibly be able to add that option as a production upgrade on your site?

Thanks for your commitment to a quality product at a very reasonable price.

John Brand
earthroamerxvlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #23
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 7,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
We were going to eliminate the Prodigy from our site but our new supplier would allow us to continue produce it. Same price, colors and materials as the Formula..

Anyone???

For anyone else reading this and not finding a glove for them. Please post some suggestions as to glove types or styles you'd like to see.
When I got my original Ex Pros, I also bought the Prodigy not knowing which I'd prefer (shorty vs. full gauntlet.). I preferred the shorter gauntlet, but overall preferred the Prodigy. Something about them I just loved. I preferred the knuckle/finger protectors, but love the external seams on the ex pro/formula. If I was looking for a full gauntlet, I'd get the Prodigy. Or, better yet, combine the two
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #24
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED
 
velocitygear's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Spokane, WA
Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthroamerxvlt View Post
Hi John,

My wife and I both wear your gloves and they are by far the best we have owned. I even got to crash test mine after being struck from behind while traveling down a four lane. All my gear was badly damaged in a very long slide down the pavement, but the gloves survived with minimal damage.

I was hoping that the all Kangaroo versions of your gloves would again be available for an upcharge. The Kangaroo remains much stronger in the constant wet/dry cycles that gloves go through down here in the heat and humidity of Flatistan. Would we be able to special order the all Kangaroo or would you possibly be able to add that option as a production upgrade on your site?

Thanks for your commitment to a quality product at a very reasonable price.

John Brand
Hey John,

Glad to hear you're gloves are doing well.

That's not a bad idea, I think we'll offer our Formula glove in 100% Kangaroo on our site. I'll add it to the list of revisions for 2014..

Here's a GB Page for your request: $159 + $6 Shipping 100% Kangaroo All Black unless otherwise specifically requested.

http://www.highvelocitygear.com/ADVR...oKangaroo.html
__________________
Motorcycle Gear Built for Progression
safety -> = ~SPEED.....

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #25
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED
 
velocitygear's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Spokane, WA
Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
When I got my original Ex Pros, I also bought the Prodigy not knowing which I'd prefer (shorty vs. full gauntlet.). I preferred the shorter gauntlet, but overall preferred the Prodigy. Something about them I just loved. I preferred the knuckle/finger protectors, but love the external seams on the ex pro/formula. If I was looking for a full gauntlet, I'd get the Prodigy. Or, better yet, combine the two

My new supplier is the shiznit! and I don't throw that word around lightly...

If you want me to see if they can come up with a short gauntlet Prodigy, just say the word. In the past I'd have to order 15 to 30 pairs of a single model. Our new supplier will make a one off, anytime I ask!
__________________
Motorcycle Gear Built for Progression
safety -> = ~SPEED.....

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #26
daltmeyer
Adventurer
 
daltmeyer's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Dayton, OH
Oddometer: 50
Thanks velocity gear! You've really had some sweet deals for us lately.

Just ordered the formula pro kangaroo size large. I wear firstgear size large and alpinestars size extra large. Please advise if you think I may have ordered the wrong size.

Any chance you'll ever do some winter gloves?
__________________
Damon

2014 Yamaha FZ-09 110 mi
2009 Can-Am Spyder GS 13,000 mi
daltmeyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #27
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED
 
velocitygear's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Spokane, WA
Oddometer: 659
H~20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltmeyer View Post
Thanks velocity gear! You've really had some sweet deals for us lately.

Just ordered the formula pro kangaroo size large. I wear firstgear size large and alpinestars size extra large. Please advise if you think I may have ordered the wrong size.

Any chance you'll ever do some winter gloves?

I'm currently sending a Formula H~20 version to Levain, a post or 2 up. Pretty much identical to the Formula except no perforations and waterproof. Not having dealt with a Waterproof glove before, I take customer input very seriously. earthroamerxvlt posted a good point above about Kangaroo leather being the preferred choice. Levain is receiving a Kangaroo only palm and I'm curious to see how they will work for him.

I can have more made, so the only real question is 100% Kangaroo or Kangaroo palm only?


__________________
Motorcycle Gear Built for Progression
safety -> = ~SPEED.....

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #28
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 7,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
My new supplier is the shiznit! and I don't throw that word around lightly...

If you want me to see if they can come up with a short gauntlet Prodigy, just say the word. In the past I'd have to order 15 to 30 pairs of a single model. Our new supplier will make a one off, anytime I ask!
If I ever wear out these ex pros, I'll definitely take you up on that!
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #29
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 7,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
I'm currently sending a Formula H~20 version to Levain, a post or 2 up.
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #30
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED
 
velocitygear's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Spokane, WA
Oddometer: 659
forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltmeyer View Post
Thanks velocity gear! You've really had some sweet deals for us lately.

Just ordered the formula pro kangaroo size large. I wear firstgear size large and alpinestars size extra large. Please advise if you think I may have ordered the wrong size.

Any chance you'll ever do some winter gloves?
Almost forgot; I'm not up on sizing of current suppliers. I can say you'll probably be a Large or XL. Honestly, I'd say a size large but that's based on my own hand size and how these gloves have been fitting me. I would be surprised if a person who wears a "normal" size 10/large, didn't fit into our current size Large. Anytime I order gloves for a group buy, I order extra just to be sure.

In terms of your history with glove sizes; what have you found to be the average glove size that fits you?
__________________
Motorcycle Gear Built for Progression
safety -> = ~SPEED.....

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014