User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #91
sans4ver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Thumb Small review

Received the gloves few days back and my initial impression was phew...Thank god i didn't order M size. To me it seems more like italian fit, so L is good for me.
Fit and finish is nice.
I went for a small ride very next day, In morning I felt like glove needs a little break in and after few hours only, I think my hand got used to it and the glove is very comfortable.
My fear is inner yellow liner will get dirty soon
Weather was in 50s, no sweaty hands or no coldness with the glove on, but 50s is like ideal temp with a glove on.
Protection- i am no pro in here and my view is based on looks and in comparison to other gloves. In terms of protection glove looks good enough and promising but upper thumb does not have any extra padding other than leather, may be more padding on metacarpal region will be nice by keeping knuckle protection in separate pannel, I guess prodigy has that.
Glove is definitely bang for the buck.
On the palm area the leather has turned grey, not sure why, I have not even used it extensively yet
update- Another small ride in upper 30s, my hands were cold but not frozen
Old 03-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #92
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by sans4ver View Post
Received the gloves few days back and my initial impression was phew...Thank god i didn't order M size. To me it seems more like italian fit, so L is good for me.
Fit and finish is nice.
I went for a small ride very next day, In morning I felt like glove needs a little break in and after few hours only, I think my hand got used to it and the glove is very comfortable.
My fear is inner yellow liner will get dirty soon
Weather was in 50s, no sweaty hands or no coldness with the glove on, but 50s is like ideal temp with a glove on.
Protection- i am no pro in here and my view is based on looks and in comparison to other gloves. In terms of protection glove looks good enough and promising but upper thumb does not have any extra padding other than leather, may be more padding on metacarpal region will be nice by keeping knuckle protection in separate pannel, I guess prodigy has that.
Glove is definitely bang for the buck.
On the palm area the leather has turned grey, not sure why, I have not even used it extensively yet
update- Another small ride in upper 30s, my hands were cold but not frozen

Any chance you can take a photo of the grey-ing?

I have a glove order that is getting ready to be produced, anyone else think the thumb should be revised on the Exhibition pro?

I think it would be wise, for anyone buying these gloves, regardless of use, to use a waterproofing agent to protect the leather.

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #93
sans4ver
Adventurer

There you go, did anyone face similar issue?
I would also like to know what others think about thumb and metacarpal protection, I ve broken once all 4 metacarpals :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2014, 11:31 PM   #94
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:

There you go, did anyone face similar issue?
I would also like to know what others think about thumb and metacarpal protection, I ve broken once all 4 metacarpals :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you in contact with any oils, fuels or solvents? Anything? Soap even? Not a common problem thus far but, I prefer to fix the problem if possible.

I think waterproofing the leather will become a step in our "method".. In addition to strap and specific seam bonding..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 03-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #95
PhilMills
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
I think it would be wise, for anyone buying these gloves, regardless of use, to use a waterproofing agent to protect the leather.
Got a product that you'd recommend?

(Can't wait to get my Prodigys in the mail, BTW. Starting to wear through a fingertip on my old pair of Fieldsheers, so they can't show up soon enough!)
PhilMills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #96
sans4ver
Adventurer

Quote:
Are you in contact with any oils, fuels or solvents? Anything? Soap even? Not a common problem thus far but, I prefer to fix the problem if possible.

I think waterproofing the leather will become a step in our "method".. In addition to strap and specific seam bonding..
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMills View Post
Got a product that you'd recommend?

(Can't wait to get my Prodigys in the mail, BTW. Starting to wear through a fingertip on my old pair of Fieldsheers, so they can't show up soon enough!)
I am not in touch with any oils or solvents.
I just used them over the handlebar grips and it became like that very first day of ride.
Let us know what treatment product do you suggest?
How about Nikwax?
Old 04-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #97
timmie415
n00b poster but not rider

Oddometer: 88
I am locked in for a large Prodigy. Look forward to new gloves as my last pair is going on 10 years old...

Any estimate on the current production schedule for these?
-tim
timmie415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:03 PM   #98
MZ5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
I missed this thread earlier in the year, but looks like the links are still active, so yay!
I have some ExPros from a GB here a year or two ago. I commute year-round, ~80 miles per day. Couple questions:

Do the Formulas have the same 'inner glove' or liner, like my ExPros?

Is the size chart that's on the order page right now, today, 04/16/14, current and correct?

Formulas are 100% black, regardless the picture on the order page? If not, what colors?

For 100% kangaroo, the disadvantage I know of is cost. What are the advantages and other disadvantages? Thinner? Better feel? More resistant to deleterious effects of sweat and/or water?

Is kangaroo an more, or less, colorfast than cowhide? The sun here in southern AZ is really, really hostile. My ExPros have faded on the top to a lighter semblance of ...sort of a ruddy-brown-purple-black. It's not terrible, just noticeable. Just wondering whether to expect similar, more, or less of this from kangaroo.
MZ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #99
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
I am not in touch with any oils or solvents.
I just used them over the handlebar grips and it became like that very first day of ride.
Let us know what treatment product do you suggest?
How about Nikwax?
Better late, than never?

Nikwax for sure!

I contacted Manufacturing, my supplier was highly surprised by the photo, he's looking into it. I haven't heard of any other issues in this regard, so we'll see.

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 04-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #100
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmie415 View Post
I am locked in for a large Prodigy. Look forward to new gloves as my last pair is going on 10 years old...

Any estimate on the current production schedule for these?
-tim
I should have a shipment in the air within a week. There were only a few orders for the Prodigy, unfortunately..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 04-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #101
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ5 View Post
I missed this thread earlier in the year, but looks like the links are still active, so yay!
I have some ExPros from a GB here a year or two ago. I commute year-round, ~80 miles per day. Couple questions:

Do the Formulas have the same 'inner glove' or liner, like my ExPros?

---I'm using a full kevlar liner now and seam bonding on all straps and specific grounding points. The other liner may still be used, I'm not sure which I prefer..

Is the size chart that's on the order page right now, today, 04/16/14, current and correct?

----- No. We're using "average sizing". That is; the size glove you most commonly wear..

Formulas are 100% black, regardless the picture on the order page? If not, what colors?

----- All black for now...

For 100% kangaroo, the disadvantage I know of is cost. What are the advantages and other disadvantages? Thinner? Better feel? More resistant to deleterious effects of sweat and/or water?

-- Stronger, better fell, more supple. In order to minimize deleterious effects from sweat or rain, using a leather protectant is advised. Nikwax for example...

Is kangaroo an more, or less, colorfast than cowhide? The sun here in southern AZ is really, really hostile. My ExPros have faded on the top to a lighter semblance of ...sort of a ruddy-brown-purple-black. It's not terrible, just noticeable. Just wondering whether to expect similar, more, or less of this from kangaroo.

--- a Leather Re-Colouring Balm may help restore a more original color. I'd expect the same from any leather that is exposed to sun constantly.
Anyone have any experience here with long term sun fading and leather???

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 04-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #102
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

In stock

Just an FYI-

Exhibition pro and Formula Pros are in stock. Both models are 100% black...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 04-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #103
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

In stock

Just an FYI-

Exhibition pro and Formula Pros are in stock. Both models are 100% black...

Here are the Group Buy pages:

FORMULA pro http://www.highvelocitygear.com/ADVR...ormulaPro.html

EXHIBITION pro http://www.highvelocitygear.com/ADVR...bitionPro.html

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 04-18-2014, 10:40 PM   #104
Dyn Blin
Irn Bru Lover

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
I should have a shipment in the air within a week. There were only a few orders for the Prodigy, unfortunately..
In for a pair of Expedition Pro. Happy to support a Spokaloo business. Grew up in 'scow.
Dyn Blin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:36 AM   #105
daltmeyer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:

I just ordered two more pair. The Exhibition pro and Prodigy both in large.

You should put that Prodigy link in the first post of the thread as some people might not even know about that group buy or be inclined to dig for the link(its on page 6 for those interested).

2014 Yamaha FZ-09 110 mi
2009 Can-Am Spyder GS 13,000 mi
daltmeyer is online now   Reply With Quote