User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #1696
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Chaleco:

"It started very complicated this route because I fell in a river and the bike was sideways in the water. I managed to lift it, I got the injection wet , but the engine didn't stopped. After about three minutes I regained the power of the machine and could go on "

http://deportes.terra.cl/automovilis...ceb0aRCRD.html
“Empecé muy complicado esta ruta porque me caí en un río y la moto quedó de lado en el agua. La logré levantar, se me mojó la inyección y pasé susto, pero no se paró el motor. Tras unos tres minutos recuperé la potencia de la máquina y puede seguir en competencia”
8340SU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #1697
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashmoto View Post
Two things from this one...

1) Note the clear screen - I think the previous screen grabs were just a trick of the light/background/looking at the back of the number sticker.

2) FFS, look where you are going you nutter
Good point! So his screen/fairing must have just been white from the dust then.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #1698
schattat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,408
Stolen bike scenarios have happened in the past also, especially in Africa. Since the introduction of the Iritrack, they have always been able to recover the bikes. A story comes to mind when in Portugal a few years ago a rider rashed and was taken away by ambulance, his bike goes missing, the last whereabouts are found thanks to the Iritrack. He'll get it back for sure, unless they were clever enough to disconnect it from power physically (it's fixed directly to the battery without a switch to manually shut if off)!

Yamaha WR450F Rallye Spec
schattat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #1699
ArthDuro
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,984
what is this??? everyone taking a break?
You guys are letting me catch up on a busy day.

Just kidding and wanted to thank you all for keeping the water flowing and me up to date.
This place truly rocks and thanks to all keeping the various threads going and the info coming.

Few thoughts:

1. They are all clear fairings on Hondas. It is called dust people!
2. Bandanas are not just for Andorra's favorites, even Laia wears one and that Patronelli dude too.
3. Troy needs to come out with a soundtrack. Let me know when that drops so I can cop a copy.
4. Oh Robby... nuff said5. Way to go SAM!!!

The thieving of Pals bike is a crappy story if I ever heard one hope those f#$%ers get theirs
Gutted to hear about Fiep
Hope that Kevin and Peter make it in
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #1700
practicalshooter
Posteriophobiac

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
A slightly better translation of PAU's drama?
Close enough.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #1701
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by schattat View Post
Stolen bike scenarios have happened in the past also, especially in Africa. Since the introduction of the Iritrack, they have always been able to recover the bikes. A story comes to mind when in Portugal a few years ago a rider rashed and was taken away by ambulance, his bike goes missing, the last whereabouts are found thanks to the Iritrack. He'll get it back for sure, unless they were clever enough to disconnect it from power physically (it's fixed directly to the battery without a switch to manually shut if off)!
True... but what else is left of the bike (wheels, engine, nav gear, bodywork...) who knows!

Sad day for PAU.

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #1702
Tomas Kocanda
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
No.68???

We are worried about our friend Jan Vesely, no.68
No SMS, no tracking.. simply strange. If anyone can find out what is going on stage to him, we would really enjoy it.
BMW R1150GS Adventure (RR modified), R1200GS Custom, XV1600 Custom...
www.touratech.cz
Tomas Kocanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #1703
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resist View Post
PlanetRobby retweeted a photo of him being towed but I can't tell if it's from today or yesterday.
Quote of the day?
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #1704
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 17,215
a norwegian Troyslation

Pål Anders Ullevålseter Offisielle Fanside · 7,145 like this
4 minutes ago ·

Det er med frustrasjon og fortvilelse vi må melde at Rally Dakar 2014 er over for Pål Anders Ullevålseters del allerede på dag 2 av rallyet. Motoren på Ullevålseters KTM skar seg etter rundt 290 kilometer av dagens spesialetappe på totalt 433 km mellom San Luis og San Rafael.

Hvorfor den skar seg er helt uvisst for teamet og har ikke noe med oljemangel å gjøre, hvilket ofte er årsaken. Pål Anders nevner på telefon at han ble liggende i en sky av sand i hele 180 kilometer bak 3 ATW´er uten å komme forbi, men klarer ikke helt å summe seg og konkludere. Han er naturligvis svært, svært skuffet... Pål Anders formidler at han ikke er skadet på noen måte og at sykkelen rett og slett bare stoppet.

Det hele har vært en surrealistisk situasjon. Etter at sykkelen stoppet, ble en noe forvirret Pål Anders møtt av 5 menn som etter hans sigende, så noe tvilsomme ut. De skal ha sagt at de skulle hjelpe ham å frakte den ødelagte sykkelen tilbake til depoet. Sykkelen er spekket med meget verdifult utstyr, så Pål Anders var derfor noe tvilende til om han skulle forlate den. Den ene av mennenes bror dukket så opp i en bil og tilbød Pål Anders å sitte på den siste biten til depoet, mens de andre gutta skulle ta med sykkelen. Etter 20 minutter får imidlertid mannen Pål Anders sitter på med en telefon fra en av de andre mennene som ble igjen med sykkelen og forteller at broren hans har skutt seg og er død... Dette forteller Pål Anders meg, men han skjønner like lite av det hele som vi gjør!?!... Sjåføren velger så å slippe av Pål Anders som får sitte på videre med noen andre, mens sjåføren snur for å snakke med politi og muligens returnere til der den døde broren, de 4 resterende mennene og sykkelen til Pål Anders ligger. Om vår mann noen gang får se sykkelen igjen er uvisst...

Så... en merkelig dag som altså avslutter Dakar 2014 for Pål Anders sin del. Forhåpentligvis blir det retur i 2015, men i mellomtiden blir fokus nå rettet mot andre løp og familie. Pål Anders er svært skuffet, men sier samtidig at "sånn er racing".

Pål Anders blir for øvrig værende igjen i Sør Amerika de neste dagene for å møte sponsorer som har tatt seg turen over, samt for å støtte Francisco Arredondo og resten av Team Ullevålseter.

Pål Anders official fan site:

It is with frustration and despair that we must inform DAKAR 2014 is over for PAU already in the second stage of the rally. The motor on Ullevålsäters KTM seized at around 290 kilometer av todays special of total (EDIT corrected 359 km) between San Luis and san rafael.

Why it did so is unkown to the team, and had nothing to do with the oil level, which is often the cause. Pål Anders mentioned on telephone that that he lay in a stream of sand behind 3 ATV's for 180 km's - without being able to pass and was not completely able to conclude (the stage).
He is naturally bitterly dissappointed... Pål Anders informs that he is not injured in any measure and that the bike just stopped.

The whole thing was a surreal situation, a somewhat confused PÅL was met by 5 men, who by his description - looked somewhat suspicious. Apparently they said they would help him transport the dead bike back to the bivouac. The bike has a lot of valuable equipment, so Pål Anders was very unsure that he should leave it. One of the mens "brother" turned up with a car and invited Pål to ride the last bit to the bivouac, while the others would come with the bike. Efter 20 minutes the man (car driver) informs Pål Anders that he has had a phone call from one of the other guys (with the bike) that his brother has been shot and is dead... This - relates Pål Anders - has a little to do with the "madness" of this whole thing we do...?!?! The driver chooses to drop off PÅL who hitches a ride further with somone else, meanwhile the driver turns to talk with the police and probably return to where his dead brother, the 4 other guys and Pål Anders bike is still. And just where, sometime he will see his bike again is unsure...

So... a strange day that concludes DAKAR 2014 for Pål Anders part. Hopefully a return in 2015, be in the immediate future will his focus be aimed at other races and family. Pål Ander is deeply dissappointed, but at the same time says "that's racing".

pål Anders will be in South America the next few days to meet sponsors who have undertaken a tour to visit the rally (EDIT VIP rest day probably) , as well as support Francisco Arredondo and the rest of Team Ullevålsäter.

TSC translate... I'll get PAU to shout me a coke next time I see him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #1705
homerj
742 Evergreen Terrace

Oddometer: 4,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Quote of the day?
Old 01-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #1706
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSpearsX View Post
I've got both of those covered, Sandi. - Just wondering who is doing the reporting (CB2) for Dave. -
zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #1707
dashmoto
Serial Tinkerer

Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeexc View Post
My bad, I'd forgotten they'd confirmed a roadbook class for that one. Still unlikely to see an instruction in the RB to go 'hors piste' across the sand dunes of mid-Wales though

www.dashmoto.net
dashmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #1708
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,721
Whoo-hoo; go Sam!
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #1709
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8340SU View Post

Ando tan recio que no me molesto ver a donde voy.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #1710
doyle OP
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,573
Crime of opportunity if a crime at all? Seems like it would not be worth the effort to unload a few KTM bits.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote