Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 08:34 AM   #12106
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M View Post
This has to be on of the most funny episodes in rally ever

The guy has a sense of humor and of oportunity. Bravo!
Is he polishing it for BArreda?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:38 AM   #12107
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Oddometer: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post
We were discussing about weight at some point...

http://shop.speedbrain.de/speedbrain-450-Rally_1

Well at 26.061,00 € (including 19% VAT ) you can be 133 kilograms heavier. Empty that is....

EDIT: No price on the GasGas yet, but reported 123.4 kg... (and 32lt of fuel vs 29 for the brain). I did not know the Gas Gas was running 5 valve heads
And 43,911 Euros with the factory cone valve forks!!!

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #12108
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymanbro View Post
And 43,911 Euros with the factory cone valve forks!!!
They are also very accurate in their description

Quote:
Maximum speed: approx. 170 km/h
Pretty close...
Old 01-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #12109
DaCat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
You hooligans are funny

Awesome pics and great video... so much footage still be be seen... I will be patient!
DaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #12110
640 Armageddon
-oo-

From FB

Old 01-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #12111
chavo_dakar_bolivia
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Glad to be back!

I am just starting to catch up with work and the advrider thread…

800 pages, seriously!??? hahahahaha
Well thanks everybody that was rooting for me, the Bolivia stages were very special to me and all of the Bolivians as you could see.
My country has so much to show, but it is hardly exploited. The fellow advriders that have been here can tell you…
If anybody of Advrider wants to stop by in Santa Cruz, let me know and we can go out for a beer.
As my great mechanic 690RR said, I enjoyed working together and I had zero problems on my bike, only the ones inflicted by me… crashes !@*&^%$*

Please also PM me links to videos I can watch of the race other than the dakar.com videos…

Thanks!!

Chavo

[QUOTE=troy safari carpente;23290539]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgo175 View Post

01-20-2014, 11:37 PM #377
690RR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93

All right boys...

Just got back from Dakar, 2 hours ago. Only a bit brief, as jet lag is striking in soon..

Just to explained, I jumped the boat from Ullevålseter to Speedbrain this year, so....

Do not feel sorry about Barreda, he got what he deserved, he kept chasing Coma after direct order to retreat and maintained second position. He damaged lives of many who needed that second place, people who pay for all this stuff. And believe me I know, as he still is primary contracted as a Speedbrain rider, although "rented" to Honda.

We had the same shit with Israel, actually exact the same. Maintain fourth place was the order, after major crash day before. Instead he went chasing Barreda.

I guess the youngsters just do not understand yet who pays the bills.

Anyway, I had a great time spanning for Chavo Salvatierra, we made it to the podium, Speedbrain can even say that we beat down Sherco and Gas Gas, manufactures that works with quite bigger budget than Speedbrain :)

Only it was a shame with Botturi out, I am sure he would have enjoyed the race.

And now the most important question boys, do we have some video material fooling around ? I need the footage, haven't seen a single show yet. Folks back home were not recording at all... So please PM me if you can, please..

Here is few fresh pics from bivouac :

http://www.rallyadventures.no/dakar-2014.html

Lgo175... above is the original post "quote" in it's entirity (was not sure if you had seen it before...? it was on the Oz Forum DAKAR thread). In that post the person involved states quite clearly the opposite of what you understand to be the case. (Barreda's orders). This was written by a team member, who was at the event, intimately involved in proceedings and - as a result of several participations on Dakar with one of the most reputable riders/teams - whom many consider to be a reliable source/straight shooter. Take thes comments at face value... or don't.

Now to put this as diplomatically as possible. There have been a number of different inmates who have commented on "Barreda" and his methodology at this years DAKAR, that have been in diametric opposition to the viewpoint that you hold to be true. It is evident that you are a fan of barreda and applaud his tactics/riding technique. It is evident that there are many folk that DO NOT share that view. All are entittled to their own opinion and (another) 20 or so pages littered with "Barreda back and forth" ain't gonna change that.

So can we please call "Barreda-gate" officially a truce for now?

Ultimately, how HRC did or did not feel about the way things were or were not conducted on the closing stages of DAKAR this year will become evident as the year progresses, contracts renewed 8or not) and other race strategies put into place.

In the meantime, we can agree that Joan "Bam Bam/Boom Boom/Bang Bang" tick the box applicable Barreda is no doubt one of the fastest and brightest new stars to come onto the rally scene these last three years or so.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #12112
Jim Rowley
Rise above

Oddometer: 2,510
[QUOTE=chavo_dakar_bolivia;23292506]Well thanks everybody that was rooting for me,
Chavo

Well done.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #12113
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavo_dakar_bolivia View Post

Well thanks everybody that was rooting for me, the Bolivia stages were very special to me and all of the Bolivians as you could see.
My country has so much to show, but it is hardly exploited. The fellow advriders that have been here can tell you…
If anybody of Advrider wants to stop by in Santa Cruz, let me know and we can go out for a beer.
As my great mechanic 690RR said, I enjoyed working together and I had zero problems on my bike, only the ones inflicted by me… crashes !@*&^%$*

Please also PM me links to videos I can watch of the race other than the dakar.com videos…

Thanks!!

Chavo

Well done Chavo!

Old 01-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #12114
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 838
Chavo
Well done, man.

BOBOBO LILILI VIAVIAVIA
Balkan Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:47 AM   #12115
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Oddometer: 1,321
Quote:
Good on ya, Chavo!!!

I fuckin' love this place.

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #12116
Brimstone
Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer: 614
Quote:

Welcome back! Great job riding this year!! Bo Bo Bo Li Li Li Via Via Via!!!

Okanagan Valley - KVR Day Trip - First RR!
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #12117
Lgo175
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by stagehand View Post
is he polishing it for barreda?
b m a
Lgo175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #12118
VDG
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,336
Congratulation Chavo. The Bolivian´s stages were amazing.......

[QUOTE=chavo_dakar_bolivia;23292506]I am just starting to catch up with work and the advrider thread…

Thanks!!

Chavo

VDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #12119
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,068
Damn it, I can't quote 640 Armageddon's post, but he said this about the Gas Gas Rallye bike...

Quote:
EDIT: No price on the GasGas yet, but reported 123.4 kg... (and 32lt of fuel vs 29 for the brain). I did not know the Gas Gas was running 5 valve heads
And I was going to reply with, "Gas Gas have been using Yamaha engines in there 450 and 250 enduros for a few years now..."

KDX Super Fan!

My Spot HERE (active and on a trip).
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #12120
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,724
[QUOTE=chavo_dakar_bolivia;23292506]I am just starting to catch up with work and the advrider thread…

Thanks!!

Chavo

________

Welcome back Chavo! And with what a result!! 14th overall!!

Well done!!