Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #361
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,918
http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_pr...cophants&e=com

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #362
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK650 View Post
If you prefer that everyone respond in total agreement with your opinion, you may want to search for a forum like sycophants.com, if there is such a thing.

Jeff
I have no problem with you disagreeing with me Jeff. I do have a problem with you saying that I hoped it was the riders fault, so I could feel superior etc. I'd never wish a fellow rider that kind of fate; Harley or not, wearing gear or not. I clearly posted that the garbage truck was at fault. Since I ride that road a lot, I'm simply curious as to why a motorcyclist wasn't able to avoid the accident.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #363
TR562
Banned

Oddometer: 34
I'm more of the mx or dual sport person. I wear a jacket 90% of the time, helmet and gloves are a given, but I'm a squid when it comes to pants. Unless I'm doing some freeway riding to get to the the twisties I'm usually wearing jeans. Likewise with boots, I wear my mx boots if I intend on being a hooligan, but only vans when putting around town. I would like to wear my boots more but I get the weirdest looks when wearing mx boots so they are not a real option if I'm going anywhere social. I must say that I do cringe when I see harley/sportbike guys with no gear. So I guess to each their own, I'm kinda stuck in the middle for now, when I'm older maybe I won't feel so much pressure to look normal and I'll go AGATT. Until then I hope my ankles and legs survive.
TR562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #364
AK650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
I have no problem with you disagreeing with me Jeff. I do have a problem with you saying that I hoped it was the riders fault, so I could feel superior etc. I'd never wish a fellow rider that kind of fate; Harley or not, wearing gear or not. I clearly posted that the garbage truck was at fault. Since I ride that road a lot, I'm simply curious as to why a motorcyclist wasn't able to avoid the accident.
And I clearly prefaced my statement with "maybe". I did not say that you definitively wished ill will to the rider, and glad to hear that's not the case. The more I think about it, the more that I like the suggestion to use the ignore function. I believe that I will.

Jeff
AK650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #365
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Sorry you feel that way. If you'dve been more of a man, you'd have offered an apology. Please do ignore me; people like you, I don't care to deal with. If you'd care to pm me, perhaps we can work this out.

390beretta screwed with this post 02-08-2014 at 07:58 PM
390beretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:40 PM   #366
AK650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
Sorry you feel that way. If you'dve been more of a man, you'd have offered an apology. Please do ignore me; people like you, I don't care to deal with. If you'd care to pm me, perhaps we can work this out.
You've got to be kidding me! Questioning my manhood, really? Gotta love internet tough guys. And then you expect an apology.....for what; your lack of reading comprehension? I'll do the ignore thing, as there is nothing to "work out". And I mean no disrespect.

Jeff
AK650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #367
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboo_kid View Post
I believe the word you are looking for is spelled MORONS.
bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #368
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
Funny how people respond when they poke the hornets nest by posting something contentious and hornets come seeking revenge.

If you agree then my man let's have a beer. Should your opinion be contrary well then something most certainly is wrong with you and you must go away.

We die without helmets as well as with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centers for Disease Control
During 20082010, a total of 14,283 motorcyclists were killed in crashes, among whom 6,057 (42%) were not wearing a helmet.
So by that statistic you're more likely to die in a crash while wearing a helmet. What say ye to that?
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #369
Red9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
He trolled out exactly what he wanted.

Personally everything he posts now is open to question...

That is unless he takes my suggestion.
Red9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #370
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
Hey anyone wanna go ride?Lets go,I don't care what you ride or how you dress as long as you smile,laugh,and wanna have fun. Been a Young bad ass on a Harley,and now I'm a dork on a KLR and a Wee Strom,I've built bikes and destroyed a couple now I just like ride and smile.
Man, that makes so much sense, thanks!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #371
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK650 View Post
And I clearly prefaced my statement with "maybe". I did not say that you definitively wished ill will to the rider, and glad to hear that's not the case. The more I think about it, the more that I like the suggestion to use the ignore function. I believe that I will.

Jeff
Yeah, yeah, yeah, back peddle your ass off and hide in semantics. Please do use the ignore function, little boy.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #372
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post
At lizard-brain level we identify things as either "the same" or "the other."

We cast a jaundiced eye on "the other" as it might be a threat.

The trick is overcoming these instinctive intuitions and making a rational evaluation using scientific theory and proofs to substantiate the final decision, rather than only relying upon our basest instincts. (though base instincts have served us well and likewise should not be dismissed out of hand)
You make a lot of sense, I like the way you think.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #373
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Well said!

Logic and reason is part of the recipe, as much as is passion.

Too much logical reasoning might lead to living life only in response to fear.

Too much unbridled passion may cloud awareness for potential danger.

As balance is applied between reason and passion the result delivers a satisfying life full of the rewards accomplishment brings. Pushing the edges of the envelope at these opposing sides from time to time, seldom lingering there. The art of life is best played out exploring the shades of grey between the two extremes. Linger on either edge and quality of life can quickly be diminished, or extinguished entirely.

Isn't maintaining this balance the dynamic process that is called living?
Once again,
Old 02-12-2014, 04:40 AM   #374
Mat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 399
Quote:
I wasn't counting the time for helmet, boots, gloves as the post I was replying to seemed to be about the hassles of a suit compared to riding with minimum gear. I just presumed that boots, gloves, and helmet were something they might already be doing and aimed to illustrate the difference in time required to go full gear.

So, I step into the left pants leg, zip two leg zippers and fasten one buckle, put on the jacket and zip up the front. That's probably less that two minutes. Street clothes go underneath. Reverse the process and I'm comfy for work or socializing.

The earplugs, helmet, and gloves, not to mention heated gear and rain gear when necessary will add to that time.
All that (minus helmet and gloves) still doesn't take me more than two minutes. I took care that my gear fits well on top of my normal clothes, and that it is easy and quick to put on and take off. Still, sometimes I wish I was less careful. I did have road rash many times from the bicycle however, and don't really need an amplified version of that.

Then I walk down to the bike, put on helmet and gloves, start it and take off. none of that "warming up" bullshit, just ride easier at the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
So by that statistic you're more likely to die in a crash while wearing a helmet. What say ye to that?
It might just as well say that there are more people wearing helmets than not (over here, probably 100% of bikers killed in accidents wore a helmet and none did not, for example), or that they ride faster / worse / riskier, or that cars like to hit them more, or whatever. Correlation does not equal cause
Old 02-12-2014, 06:26 AM   #375
Bar None
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
A lot of the helmets that riders wear are the novelty type and many are old and poor fitting that probably don't stay on in a crash.
I'll continue to wear my properly fitting full face helmet.
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P sidecar
2015 Ural cT on order
Bar None is offline   Reply With Quote