Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #136
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Interested to see products from the merger with Hein Gericke.
Me too! It will likely be toward the end of this year or early next. Stay tuned!
Phil_Ammendolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #137
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by red450 View Post
Are there different shell sizes for the MX453?
Hi red450,

The MX453 has only one shell size. It has three size EPS for a good fit. The head shape is long oval.

Thanks,
Phil
Old 04-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #138
Shunka
Supervision Required

Oddometer: 3,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Ammendolia View Post
Hi Shunka,

The white MX453's just arrived in S, M, L, and XL. You can order them at your favorite LS2 dealer.

Thanks,
Phil

Thanks I'll give Chapmoto a call and see if I can pick one up on my way up next Thursday!
Shunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #139
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,317
Hi Phil

Great thread.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #140
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
So I go to the LS2 website to find who in the Atlanta,GA area is a dealer. Turns out that all the Harley shops are listed as dealers. I'm thinking though that I'd be hard pressed to find the dual sport model in stock at any of the Harley dealers.

Thoughts?

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - gone
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #141
Wings
marmaduked

Oddometer: 14,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travman View Post
So I go to the LS2 website to find who in the Atlanta,GA area is a dealer. Turns out that all the Harley shops are listed as dealers. I'm thinking though that I'd be hard pressed to find the dual sport model in stock at any of the Harley dealers.

Thoughts?
Pick up the phone, call them and ask? I know it seems like a foreign concept to go directly to the source that has the answer, but it might be worth a try

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #142
Baroquenride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
I've already done that and will bet dollars to donuts his local dealer won't carry it. All the dealers around the Portland, Or area "can order one" for me but that's not gonna work. I can order the damn thing myself and get it delivered to my doorstep. I want to try one on before I buy.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #143
LRH
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Cool2

Quote:
LS2 OF569 is a 3/4, open face design. It has our Full Eclipse retractable sun screen and a flip-up face shield. It has incredible peripheral visibility.
This was my first helmet after getting a motorcycle again after a hiatus of about 16 years without one. Only cost around $90 at the local Yamaha place.
They only had a L and XXL, the Large was cramped and the XXL felt good but a bit loose.
After a year the padding was practically non-existent (still intact but permanently squished from wearing and washing) so tried to find out about buying replacement liner and shield plus a shield 'retainer' (had lost one). Only way to do that was order thru the Yamaha place and they said the cost was 2/3 of a new helmet, another $90. So I went with that instead, got the XL that time and the fit was just right.
I had bought a Bilt fullface helmet for wintertime, got it on sale. At first thought it was perfect and later realized I was having headaches after a long ride, my forehead was being pressed in and even had indentations. Liked the helmet otherwise so I carved out the styrofoam a little at the forehead area and it has been good since then.
The LS2 helmets have been great for my head, which I would call oval, even though there does seem to be some extra space on the upper sides. I probably should be wearing only a Large not XL. But since I wear eyeglasses it doesn't press on my ears at all. No problems with buffeting loosely in the wind or anything.
What I like most is the quick-connect latch, most helmets I've looked at use double D's like the Bilt which I added a QC to.
The OF569 sunshield is great, too, the toggle by the jaw is way better than the one for the Bilt that's on top of the helmet and always hit and miss. So it has been a good 2 1/2 years with the LS2 OF569 (both), even if I might be able to do better for the $180 total cost. I haven't shopped around much again yet, but others I looked at lacked somehow or cost way more than I paid.
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:19 AM   #144
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:

Thoughts?
Hi Travman,

Yes, we have mostly H-D dealers in Georgia and you're probably right, they're not likely going to carry the dual sport model.

We are steadily building our network of dealers, but unfortunately, I don't have a dealer there I can refer you to. I'm doing some more digging and if I find one, I'll let you know.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Phil
Old 04-18-2014, 06:27 AM   #145
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by baroquenride View Post
I've already done that and will bet dollars to donuts his local dealer won't carry it. All the dealers around the Portland, Or area "can order one" for me but that's not gonna work. I can order the damn thing myself and get it delivered to my doorstep. I want to try one on before I buy.
Hi baroquenride,

I just responded to another post with a similar situation. I totally understand why you would want to try one on before you buy. Our dealer locations are growing rapidly, but we still have pockets around the country where we don't have a good network.

LS2 is one of the biggest brands on the planet, but in the U.S. we're still working to get dealers to recognize us. It is happening, but it's not a fast process. I'm working on a big one in Portland and hope to have it wrapped within a week.

I sent your post to my sales representative in the north west.

If I come up with something, I'll let you know.

Thanks for your interest. I'm sorry I don't have an easier solution for you right now.
Phil

Phil_Ammendolia screwed with this post 04-18-2014 at 07:46 AM
Old 04-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #146
12Bong13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Phil, Any news on my question posted earlier this week?

''...I have a question about the MX455 helmet. I know that it is not imported in the US, but I hope you can answer my question.

I got mine overseas last summer and the helmet works and feels great. I really love the ''pump'' style cheek pads, I assume that it works on the same principal as the MX 456 helmet.

2 weeks ago I took the helmet on a 1 week off road trip in Morocco. On the last day of the trip, the cheek pads did not keep the air any more. They would slowly deflate.
The leak comes from the connection of the pad to the air port. I wonder if this occured because of all the dust from 1 week of riding.

I was wondering if you heard of this problem before (on the MX456) for example where this helmet as been in harsh conditions like the Dakar..

Can you offer a solution for this fix as I love the helmet and would hate to not be able to use it.

Thanks!...''
12Bong13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #147
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bong13 View Post
Phil, Any news on my question posted earlier this week?

''...I have a question about the MX455 helmet. I know that it is not imported in the US, but I hope you can answer my question.

I got mine overseas last summer and the helmet works and feels great. I really love the ''pump'' style cheek pads, I assume that it works on the same principal as the MX 456 helmet.

2 weeks ago I took the helmet on a 1 week off road trip in Morocco. On the last day of the trip, the cheek pads did not keep the air any more. They would slowly deflate.
The leak comes from the connection of the pad to the air port. I wonder if this occured because of all the dust from 1 week of riding.

I was wondering if you heard of this problem before (on the MX456) for example where this helmet as been in harsh conditions like the Dakar..

Can you offer a solution for this fix as I love the helmet and would hate to not be able to use it.

Thanks!...''
Hi 12Bong13,

Very cool that you were able to ride in Morocco.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with the MX455. I can tell you we have had very few problems with the cheek pump system. None of the Dakar riders I've spoken to have ever mentioned this as a problem. When I have seen a failure, it has usually been just a standard warranty problem (they don't happen often, but nothing is perfect) or the nozzle that plugs from the cheek pad into the helmet has been damaged somehow. If it is a warranty, we can fix or replace it if it is an MX456. If it is the spigot on the pad, a new cheek pad might do the trick.

It is possible that just cleaning the spigot and the port might handle your problem. Fine dust would still allow air to escape.

Are you able to take it to the dealer where you purchased it? It might still be under warranty.

Please keep me posted.

Phil
Old 04-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #148
12Bong13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Hi 12Bong13,

Very cool that you were able to ride in Morocco.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with the MX455. I can tell you we have had very few problems with the cheek pump system. None of the Dakar riders I've spoken to have ever mentioned this as a problem. When I have seen a failure, it has usually been just a standard warranty problem (they don't happen often, but nothing is perfect) or the nozzle that plugs from the cheek pad into the helmet has been damaged somehow. If it is a warranty, we can fix or replace it if it is an MX456. If it is the spigot on the pad, a new cheek pad might do the trick.

It is possible that just cleaning the spigot and the port might handle your problem. Fine dust would still allow air to escape.

Are you able to take it to the dealer where you purchased it? It might still be under warranty.

Please keep me posted.

Phil
Hi Phil,
Thanks for the answer. Please check your PM's
12Bong13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #149
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by baroquenride View Post
+1

Since I always have to change out cheekpads, I need to try before buy.

Phil, thanks for the update.

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - gone
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #150
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
+1

Since I always have to change out cheekpads, I need to try before buy.

Phil, thanks for the update.
Hope it helped, Travman! Thanks.