Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #151
Baroquenride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 681
Thanks for checking on this. I wouldn't mind traveling a bit to try one on if I had to but hopefully I won't have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Ammendolia View Post
Hi baroquenride,

I just responded to another post with a similar situation. I totally understand why you would want to try one on before you buy. Our dealer locations are growing rapidly, but we still have pockets around the country where we don't have a good network.

LS2 is one of the biggest brands on the planet, but in the U.S. we're still working to get dealers to recognize us. It is happening, but it's not a fast process. I'm working on a big one in Portland and hope to have it wrapped within a week.

I sent your post to my sales representative in the north west.

If I come up with something, I'll let you know.

Thanks for your interest. I'm sorry I don't have an easier solution for you right now.
Phil
Old 04-21-2014, 10:46 PM   #152
CatFlap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
I bought an LS2 helmet last year at Sargents Motorsports over on SE Foster road in Portland, OR.
At the time they had stacks of 3 or 4 styles in stock including a DS one.

I've been pretty happy with mine. (I got a modular helmet, I just like the flip up chinbar thing.)
Old 04-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #153
tiger seven
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Has anyone purchased a white MX453 yet? If so, from where? I've checked all my usual websites and no one has them listed as currently in stock and ready to ship. Some have the white helmets shown as an option, but they say they are still pending arrival from manufacturer. Does anyone know of an online dealer that has white MX453s in stock?

Thanks.

Derek
Old 04-22-2014, 06:28 PM   #154
Brtp4
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,965
We have them:

LS2 MX453 White

Note that the logo on the photo above is actual, the pic on the site is incorrect. Working on getting it corrected.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:44 PM   #155
godwinmt
They call me Crash

Oddometer: 593
Hi Phil-

I recently had a pretty serious getoff that managed to take out my collarbone and will keep me off the bikes for a bit while it heals which gives me a chance to replace my gear which was damaged in my wreck. I'm looking very heavily at replacing my now wrecked Fox helmet with the MX456. In looking at what colors it is available, I stumbled across this scheme on the NL website which doesn't show up on any of the US distributor sites:

It's listed as the mx456.48 factory white/black/titanium color. Do you know what options exist to get this combination in the states?

Thanks,
Malhon
godwinmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #156
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwinmt View Post
Hi Phil-

I recently had a pretty serious getoff that managed to take out my collarbone and will keep me off the bikes for a bit while it heals which gives me a chance to replace my gear which was damaged in my wreck. I'm looking very heavily at replacing my now wrecked Fox helmet with the MX456. In looking at what colors it is available, I stumbled across this scheme on the NL website which doesn't show up on any of the US distributor sites:

It's listed as the mx456.48 factory white/black/titanium color. Do you know what options exist to get this combination in the states?

Thanks,
Malhon
Hi Malhon,

That is a cool graphic for sure, but unfortunately it's not available in the United States and is not DOT approved.

Here in the U.S. we offer only one graphic and that is the Launch.

The Launch also comes in this Flag graphic.

Aside from that, it's solid matte black, and we have solid white coming soon.

Thanks for checking. Sorry I can't help with the version you want.
Phil
Phil_Ammendolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #157
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
We have them:

LS2 MX453 White

Note that the logo on the photo above is actual, the pic on the site is incorrect. Working on getting it corrected.

BP
nice! I just got the Forma Adventures from you last week. Now I need to place an order for a new lid.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:13 AM   #158
tiger seven
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
We have them:

LS2 MX453 White

BP
Looks great. Thanks!

Derek
Old 04-23-2014, 06:43 AM   #159
Bungholio
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by baroquenride View Post
I've already done that and will bet dollars to donuts his local dealer won't carry it. All the dealers around the Portland, Or area "can order one" for me but that's not gonna work. I can order the damn thing myself and get it delivered to my doorstep. I want to try one on before I buy.
Atomic moto in Bend, OR? If you're looking for a dual sport model.

Oops, I see that brtp4 is AM.
Bungholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #160
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,424
Tried on an LS2 "launch" last night while wandering through cycle gear. Very light and the top part of the helmet-the "hat" portion- fit my medium head very very well. Unfortunately the bottom of the helmet-the head hole as it were- was so tight that my kids thought I got road rash from putting it on and taking it off. Bummer, the price was good, the finish was much better than I expected, and the part that did fit, fit really well.

Unfortunately I just couldn't get it on and off without leaving skin behind.

FWIW,

sa
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #161
tiger seven
Gnarly Adventurer

Just got my MX453. Thanks to Atomic-Moto!

First impressions:

I wear a medium in most helmets, so I got a medium MX453. Measurement wise my head is at the upper end of the medium size range, and this helmet fits my head very well. No pressure points noticeable. Fits fine around the temples and forehead. The liner is very comfortable. The ear holes fit my ears (something a lot of offroad style helmets don't do) and overall fit and finish of the helmet look very nice. I really like the chin strap setup, with an inner strap that secures via a velcro-like material (but much softer than velcro, so I don't think it will scratch my neck) and a standard double D-ring strap over that.

The visor is easy to open and close, moves smoothly, and doesn't have preset positions, meaning it appears it can be positioned fully open, fully closed or anywhere in between. The visor is very clear and so far I have noticed no distortion, but obviously a ride will be the true test of that. The opening fits my 100% Accuri goggles just about perfectly.

My initial impression is that I wish the cheek pads were slightly larger. The helmet fits me really well around the top of my head, but feels a little loose around my cheeks. But I will have to ride in it to be certain.

Overall I'm pleased. As a reference point, my helmet the last few years has been a Shoei Qwest, a helmet I've been very pleased with in terms of fit, comfort and overall performance. I think that for the money this MX453 would be very hard to beat, but I'll wait until after I ride in it to make that claim. I'll update with my thoughts after I get a ride in this weekend.

Derek
Old 04-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #162
Bungholio
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger seven View Post
Just got my MX453. Thanks to Atomic-Moto!

First impressions:

I wear a medium in most helmets, so I got a medium MX453. Measurement wise my head is at the upper end of the medium size range, and this helmet fits my head very well. No pressure points noticeable. Fits fine around the temples and forehead. The liner is very comfortable. The ear holes fit my ears (something a lot of offroad style helmets don't do) and overall fit and finish of the helmet look very nice. I really like the chin strap setup, with an inner strap that secures via a velcro-like material (but much softer than velcro, so I don't think it will scratch my neck) and a standard double D-ring strap over that.

The visor is easy to open and close, moves smoothly, and doesn't have preset positions, meaning it appears it can be positioned fully open, fully closed or anywhere in between. The visor is very clear and so far I have noticed no distortion, but obviously a ride will be the true test of that. The opening fits my 100% Accuri goggles just about perfectly.

My initial impression is that I wish the cheek pads were slightly larger. The helmet fits me really well around the top of my head, but feels a little loose around my cheeks. But I will have to ride in it to be certain.

Overall I'm pleased. As a reference point, my helmet the last few years has been a Shoei Qwest, a helmet I've been very pleased with in terms of fit, comfort and overall performance. I think that for the money this MX453 would be very hard to beat, but I'll wait until after I ride in it to make that claim. I'll update with my thoughts after I get a ride in this weekend.

Derek
How is the shield fit around the nose bar? I get some distortion around that nose bar at the acute curve area. Only at the lower part of the faceshield. Otherwise I like it.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:30 PM   #163
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungholio View Post
How is the shield fit around the nose bar? I get some distortion around that nose bar at the acute curve area. Only at the lower part of the faceshield. Otherwise I like it.
Hi Bungholio,

Not sure which shield you have, but we put a new shield on these earlier this year with less of a curve. It pretty well handled any distortion. The early version was very flat. The new has a lip at the bottom that allows a more gentle curve. The new shields will fit all models.

Thanks,
Phil
Phil_Ammendolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #164
Bungholio
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Ammendolia View Post
Hi Bungholio,

Not sure which shield you have, but we put a new shield on these earlier this year with less of a curve. It pretty well handled any distortion. The early version was very flat. The new has a lip at the bottom that allows a more gentle curve. The new shields will fit all models.

Thanks,
Phil
I bought mine last year sometime, probably first half of year. I checked email and it was May.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:11 PM   #165
tiger seven
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungholio View Post
My shield has the lip Phil mentioned. Shield fits very flush all along the bottom. I'm not noticing any distortion around the nose area. I tried reading fine print with the visor down, moving the paper as I did and there is no distortion to my eyes. I will pay particular attention to this area when I ride and report any distortion I may notice.

Derek