Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #256
The_Boot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Ammendolia View Post
Hi,

When I have helped people try the FF386 at consumer shows, MOST are able to leave their glasses on as long as the chin bar is open. There were a few that had wider faces that needed to remove the glasses first. There is some flexibility in the sides of the helmet when the chin bar is open.

Hope that helps.
Phil
I will chime in and tell you that I wear my contacts when I ride, but I wear sunglasses all the time. I have gotten them to fit while having the chin bar up but I generally just put them on after I have the helmet on.
The_Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #257
cognosticator
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 845
Thanks, I got my 386 yesterday, Medium fit me perfect and no problems at all putting the helmet on with my glasses on nor taking the helmet off

I installed the SMH10 using the stick on base plate, very close to the button for the sun visor and I am able to operate the sunvisor without any problems.

I have not gone for a ride with the helmet yet, but don't forsee any problem with it at this point.
Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you
cognosticator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #258
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Oddometer: 200
Need a high quality full-face that's a bargain? LS2 FF387

This video is about what is probably the best "deal" in a full face motorcycle helmet on the market. The FF387 is made of pre-preg fiberglass. It is VERY light. Meets or exceeds DOT and ECE. Fit is OVAL.

Additionally, in the video you'll learn how to dramatically overuse the word "super." But I digress...

Phil_Ammendolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #259
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

LS2 Helmets Pilot Cacha Rodriguez.

Great picture of LS2 Helmets Pilot Pablo "Cacha" Rodriguez from Argentina in Desafio Guarani.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:48 AM   #260
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV

Oddometer: 687
Thanks Phil, for helping me with my fit issue. My MX453 is now perfect.
'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:09 AM   #261
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
Thanks Phil, for helping me with my fit issue. My MX453 is now perfect.
Thank you for the note, Gene! I'm happy to hear it worked out.
Phil
Old 08-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #262
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

LS2 Helmets wants riders for the 2015 Dakar Rally.

Are you an ASO approved rider who is riding the Dakar Rally? Would you like to be part of the biggest Rally Team in the world. Team LS2 Helmets? If so, here's your chance!

Last year, LS2 Helmets had nearly 100 riders competing at Dakar. This year we're on a MISSION to do it BIGGER THAN EVER. Stay tuned!

Old 08-19-2014, 10:53 AM   #263
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

LS2 Helmets contiues to support the Rally Series.

Rally Dos Sertoes - Brazil.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:31 AM   #264
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,292
Looking for a new street helmet and nothing fits my awkward head. I am an extreme long oval but do not have a thin face. The Aria Profile was the last helmet that I have that fit well. XD4's put a ton of pressure on my forehead. Signet-Q crushes my chin.
Which of your street helmets are the longest, long oval? I see a few shops around here carry them, but not sure of their inventory levels. I will stop by and check today.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:36 AM   #265
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

LS2 Helmets Long Oval

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
Looking for a new street helmet and nothing fits my awkward head. I am an extreme long oval but do not have a thin face. The Aria Profile was the last helmet that I have that fit well. XD4's put a ton of pressure on my forehead. Signet-Q crushes my chin.
Which of your street helmets are the longest, long oval? I see a few shops around here carry them, but not sure of their inventory levels. I will stop by and check today.
Hi Rich,

The absolute longest oval we have is our inexpensive FF384. We get a stunning number of compliments on the fit. It's a great value, but probably less helmet than you are looking for.

My suggestion is try our MX453 Adventure, but swap the cheek pads for the XXL (thinnest pads) regardless of your size. Also try the FT2 full face. If you are size large or bigger, you can use the XXL cheek pads in it as well. FT2 has a retractable sun shield and inflatable cheek pad fit system. Both are fiberglass, and meet or exceed DOT and ECE.

MX453:

FT2:
Old 08-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #266
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,406
Has anyone mounted an Interphone F5 on a LS2 386? I don't have the stick on mount just the clamp on which will not fit around the edge.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:22 AM   #267
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Ammendolia View Post
Hi Rich,

The absolute longest oval we have is our inexpensive FF384. We get a stunning number of compliments on the fit. It's a great value, but probably less helmet than you are looking for.

My suggestion is try our MX453 Adventure, but swap the cheek pads for the XXL (thinnest pads) regardless of your size. Also try the FT2 full face. If you are size large or bigger, you can use the XXL cheek pads in it as well. FT2 has a retractable sun shield and inflatable cheek pad fit system. Both are fiberglass, and meet or exceed DOT and ECE.[/IMG]
Thanks...Sadly in the largest city in the nation there are only two dealers. One is a scooter shop who only carries half helmets and the other had no full-faced non adventure helmets in stock.
I hesitate to buy without trying one one. Stupidly I was in Indy at the MotoGP and didn't stop in your booth as I figured you were another "budget round fitting" brand.
I plan on riding a bit this weekend and I will print a list of other dealers and see if anyone stocks street helmets.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #268
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

HELP WANTED for Dakar Rally 2015? - LS2 Helmets

Would you be willing to give me some feedback?

Would you be interested in a sweepstakes where the grand prize would be working for LS2 Helmets and our pro riders at the 2015 Dakar Rally?

2015 will be our factory’s 25th anniversary and to celebrate LS2 Helmets wants to do something special for YOU for the 2015 Dakar Rally. Rather than guess, we want to offer you all something that you’d really like so I thought I’d ask you directly.

Many of you probably know that LS2 Helmets has a HUGE presence at the Dakar Rally. Last year we had nearly 100 riders in the event and 5 of the top 10 pilots ride for us.

We’re still in the talking stages, but as you can imagine, this will take some preparation, so we need the feedback now. There will be some adjustment to the overall package, but here’s the concept:

• You’d have to complete an application and do a short video telling us why we should pick you.
  • You’d be flown to Buenos Aires and from there travel to the start of the rally.
  • Travel, food and lodging is covered, but remember, for the bulk of the time you'd sleep in a tent at the LS2 bivouac right next to the secured rider's area.
  • You’d join us at the LS2 Dakar Celebration Banquet, which is attended by the majority of the pro rider.
  • You’d assist us in getting team riders set up with their gear.
  • Then, you’d likely be assigned to one of our pros as a helper for the first 3 stages.
  • From the 3rd stage, you would head back to Buenos Aires and fly home. NOTE: This is because of the logistics and dangers of Dakar. Not perfect, but I think it’s still pretty cool. Hope you agree. The total trip will still be about a week long.
  • The winner would also get all the Team LS2 Dakar Rally swag and equipment, including a limited edition Dakar 2015 LS2 MX456.
  • Plus, there’d be a nice cash prize.
Please note: You’d probably miss New Year’s Day and maybe New Year’s Eve with your family. The Dakar starts January 4th, 2015 and we need to be there by the 2nd. Also, we’d call it a “job,” but we want to be clear, that we’re having fun with it. This would be a sweepstakes. Though there would be a LOT of work, you’d be our guest and not our employee.

What do you think? Should we move ahead with the idea? Please tell me your thoughts.

STAY TUNED.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:46 PM   #269
tedmarshall
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
SUPER service

My hat is off and bowed to Phil and the LS2 customer service team in Aurora, Illinois. They FAR exceeded my expectations.
I beefed on-line here about a month ago. My modular wasn't modulating: the chin bar de-latched at speed and the cheek pads were falling out after I'd removed them for cleaning.
I shipped the helmet and got 24 hour turnaround warranty service!
Thank you Claire.
A screw had loosened, was found and re-tightened. (Obviously the screws I tightened were not enuf.)
But better yet I got all. Re cheek pads!
Best of all, lo and behold, NEW visors!
Thanks again.
Ted

P.S. Can you recommend a Dual-Sport helmet?
tedmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:21 AM   #270
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmarshall View Post
My hat is off and bowed to Phil and the LS2 customer service team in Aurora, Illinois. They FAR exceeded my expectations.
I beefed on-line here about a month ago. My modular wasn't modulating: the chin bar de-latched at speed and the cheek pads were falling out after I'd removed them for cleaning.
I shipped the helmet and got 24 hour turnaround warranty service!
Thank you Claire.
A screw had loosened, was found and re-tightened. (Obviously the screws I tightened were not enuf.)
But better yet I got all. Re cheek pads!
Best of all, lo and behold, NEW visors!
Thanks again.
Ted

P.S. Can you recommend a Dual-Sport helmet?
Thank you, Ted! I really appreciate the feedback and I'm really happy you had such a great experience. I'll pass this on to our staff. Especially Claire.

Would it be OK for me to use your quote on the LS2 Facebook page?

Our Dual-Sport model is the MX453. It has a long-oval fit. It's gotten great reviews here earlier on this thread. It's fiberglass, DOT and ECE certified.

Thank you again and let me know if you have any questions I can answer.
Phil

Phil_Ammendolia screwed with this post 08-31-2014 at 06:50 AM