Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #256
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by cognosticator View Post
Phil, I wear glasses. When putting on the FF386 and the visor open, does the helmet go on without disturbing my glasses. On my Shoei Neotec I could spread the helmet enough to where it would not move my glasses going on or coming off. Can you answer that, thanks
Hi,

When I have helped people try the FF386 at consumer shows, MOST are able to leave their glasses on as long as the chin bar is open. There were a few that had wider faces that needed to remove the glasses first. There is some flexibility in the sides of the helmet when the chin bar is open.

Hope that helps.
Phil
Phil_Ammendolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:05 PM   #257
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by cognosticator View Post
I just ordered one from Amazon, I got the Focus Graphics Should have it tomorrow for my ride Saturday
Very cool! Let me know what you think and if indeed you are able to put it on while wearing glasses. I think you're going to love it.

All the best,
Phil
Old 08-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #258
cognosticator
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Ammendolia View Post
Very cool! Let me know what you think and if indeed you are able to put it on while wearing glasses. I think you're going to love it.

All the best,
Phil
I will let you know. Amazon dropped the ball and didn't get the helmet out yesterday, despite me ordering at 11am and checking NDA, which was only 3.99 more, so the helmet will not be here today for my 800 mile ride this weekend.

I will get the helmet Monday but it will be a few weeks before I do another long ride, and they did refund my shipping charges
Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you
cognosticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #259
The_Boot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Hi,

When I have helped people try the FF386 at consumer shows, MOST are able to leave their glasses on as long as the chin bar is open. There were a few that had wider faces that needed to remove the glasses first. There is some flexibility in the sides of the helmet when the chin bar is open.

Hope that helps.
Phil
I will chime in and tell you that I wear my contacts when I ride, but I wear sunglasses all the time. I have gotten them to fit while having the chin bar up but I generally just put them on after I have the helmet on.
The_Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #260
cognosticator
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 716
Thanks, I got my 386 yesterday, Medium fit me perfect and no problems at all putting the helmet on with my glasses on nor taking the helmet off

I installed the SMH10 using the stick on base plate, very close to the button for the sun visor and I am able to operate the sunvisor without any problems.

I have not gone for a ride with the helmet yet, but don't forsee any problem with it at this point.
Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you
cognosticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #261
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Need a high quality full-face that's a bargain? LS2 FF387

This video is about what is probably the best "deal" in a full face motorcycle helmet on the market. The FF387 is made of pre-preg fiberglass. It is VERY light. Meets or exceeds DOT and ECE. Fit is OVAL.

Additionally, in the video you'll learn how to dramatically overuse the word "super." But I digress...

Old 08-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #262
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

LS2 Helmets Pilot Cacha Rodriguez.

Great picture of LS2 Helmets Pilot Pablo "Cacha" Rodriguez from Argentina in Desafio Guarani.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:48 AM   #263
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV

Oddometer: 616
Thanks Phil, for helping me with my fit issue. My MX453 is now perfect.
'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #264
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
Thanks Phil, for helping me with my fit issue. My MX453 is now perfect.
Thank you for the note, Gene! I'm happy to hear it worked out.
Phil
Old 08-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #265
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

LS2 Helmets wants riders for the 2015 Dakar Rally.

Are you an ASO approved rider who is riding the Dakar Rally? Would you like to be part of the biggest Rally Team in the world. Team LS2 Helmets? If so, here's your chance!

Last year, LS2 Helmets had nearly 100 riders competing at Dakar. This year we're on a MISSION to do it BIGGER THAN EVER. Stay tuned!

Old 08-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #266
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

LS2 Helmets contiues to support the Rally Series.

Rally Dos Sertoes - Brazil.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:31 AM   #267
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,147
Looking for a new street helmet and nothing fits my awkward head. I am an extreme long oval but do not have a thin face. The Aria Profile was the last helmet that I have that fit well. XD4's put a ton of pressure on my forehead. Signet-Q crushes my chin.
Which of your street helmets are the longest, long oval? I see a few shops around here carry them, but not sure of their inventory levels. I will stop by and check today.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:36 AM   #268
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

LS2 Helmets Long Oval

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
Looking for a new street helmet and nothing fits my awkward head. I am an extreme long oval but do not have a thin face. The Aria Profile was the last helmet that I have that fit well. XD4's put a ton of pressure on my forehead. Signet-Q crushes my chin.
Which of your street helmets are the longest, long oval? I see a few shops around here carry them, but not sure of their inventory levels. I will stop by and check today.
Hi Rich,

The absolute longest oval we have is our inexpensive FF384. We get a stunning number of compliments on the fit. It's a great value, but probably less helmet than you are looking for.

My suggestion is try our MX453 Adventure, but swap the cheek pads for the XXL (thinnest pads) regardless of your size. Also try the FT2 full face. If you are size large or bigger, you can use the XXL cheek pads in it as well. FT2 has a retractable sun shield and inflatable cheek pad fit system. Both are fiberglass, and meet or exceed DOT and ECE.

MX453:

FT2:
Old 08-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #269
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,296
Has anyone mounted an Interphone F5 on a LS2 386? I don't have the stick on mount just the clamp on which will not fit around the edge.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #270
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,147
Quote:
Hi Rich,

The absolute longest oval we have is our inexpensive FF384. We get a stunning number of compliments on the fit. It's a great value, but probably less helmet than you are looking for.

My suggestion is try our MX453 Adventure, but swap the cheek pads for the XXL (thinnest pads) regardless of your size. Also try the FT2 full face. If you are size large or bigger, you can use the XXL cheek pads in it as well. FT2 has a retractable sun shield and inflatable cheek pad fit system. Both are fiberglass, and meet or exceed DOT and ECE.[/IMG]
Thanks...Sadly in the largest city in the nation there are only two dealers. One is a scooter shop who only carries half helmets and the other had no full-faced non adventure helmets in stock.
I hesitate to buy without trying one one. Stupidly I was in Indy at the MotoGP and didn't stop in your booth as I figured you were another "budget round fitting" brand.
I plan on riding a bit this weekend and I will print a list of other dealers and see if anyone stocks street helmets.