Old 02-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #76
toto#77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Ammendolia View Post
QUOTE Can you help me thanks!>

Hi toto#77,

Currently, non of our European distributors are importing the MX453. I'm sorry, but I'd have to suggest you look for an online source.

Thanks,
Phil
((
which online source do you suggest?
What about the size, is more or less similar to other ls2 models?

non facile scrivere mentre mi allaccio il casco...
toto#77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #77
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Oddometer: 156
Hi again, toto#77,

The MX453 fits very much like our full face FF396 CR1 or FT2 and also similar to the FF384. It is a long oval shape, which is one of the two most popular shapes in the U.S. Most who try it like it very much.
Phil_Ammendolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #78
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Does the helmet color matter when it comes to heat?

LS2 Helmets tests a black motorcycle helmet against a white to see if there is any noticeable difference between the two. Motorcycle riders have asked several times. I know of those who have argued that the thick padding and safety EPS of a helmet prevent the exterior temp from affecting the interior.

The results? The black helmet was just over 50 degrees hotter on the outside and about 10 degrees warmer on the inside.

For those interested, I checked my infrared thermometer following recommendations using my freezer. It was accurate within about 2%. The temperature of the top of the wall was about 96 degrees. After I filmed this, I swapped sides and let the helmets sit, then checked them again with basically the same results.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #79
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

How to change the comfort padding (liner) in an FF386

LS2 Helmets - FF386 modular motorcycle helmet. How to change the comfort padding.

PLEASE NOTE: From time to time, we make evolutionary changes on our helmets. YOUR LINER ON YOUR HELMET MIGHT LOOK DIFFERENT, but the basic method should be the same or similar.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #80
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 628
I tried on the older version of the 386 at a local shop. Just as I thought, nobody has the 386. There was a tiny bit of pressure on the forehead, but the rest felt good. Is the padding in the new one different?
Old 02-24-2014, 07:46 AM   #81
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
I tried on the older version of the 386 at a local shop. Just as I thought, nobody has the 386. There was a tiny bit of pressure on the forehead, but the rest felt good. Is the padding in the new one different?
Hi cba191,

It is different, but from the description of "pressure on the forehead," there is a good chance that the 386 is the wrong head form for you. You might need a long oval. We currently do not have a modular with a long oval shape.

What store did you visit? It would be best for you to be able to try the newest version on your head.

Thanks,
Phil
Old 02-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #82
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 628
I went in to Honda World. I called Plaza cycle and they didn't have anything either.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #83
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
I went in to Honda World. I called Plaza cycle and they didn't have anything either.
Hi cba191,

I spoke with my rep in the area and he's visiting some key accounts tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll have good news for you in a few days. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Phil
Old 02-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #84
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

LS2 Helmets FF393 Convert

The new FF393 Convert is truly the Swiss Army Knife of helmets.

Converts from a full face to a 3/4, open face by flipping the chin bar to the back. Retractable "Full Eclipse" sun shield and adjustable face shield work in both modes. DOT approved quick release chin strap. Round head shape.

DOT approved.

Suggested retail = $399.99
Old 02-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #85
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

How does the LS2 MX453 Adventure fit?

Hi all,

With the increase in interest in adventure riding comes an increase in interest in adventure gear. I get a lot of questions about the MX453 and one I am asked most often is, "How does it fit?"

The MX453 uses a long oval shape which is one of THE most popular in the United States. I've found that about 9 out of 10 people who put this on like or love the way it fits.

Some feel the cheek pads are too tight, and when you first take it off the shelf, they might be. But they break-in quickly, and we've found that for most people, they form to a very comfortable fit that stays where it belongs when the road gets a little rough. I've found that the cheek pads break-in within about 100 miles and I've had one that I put over 3200 miles on and it still fit like it had at 100 miles.

CHEEK PADS ARE INTERCHANGEABLE BETWEEN SIZES.

You can swap the cheek pads between ALL sizes on the MX453. In this video, I goof and say the pads interchange between XS and XL. That was a mistake. They WILL swap between XS and XXL. If yours fits too tight or too loose, you can customize the fit by swapping pads. Unless this is VERY uncomfortable or too loose, I would stick with the stock pads and give them a chance to break in.

This is a comparison shot between medium pads and XL.

The THICKER pads are the medium pads. The smaller the size, the thicker the pad and the larger the size the thinner the pad.

The MX453 is FIBERGLASS. Fiberglass is a great material for building a helmet. It is a more expensive material that absorbs and disperses energy efficiently and you can build a helmet that is lighter in weight.

Hope that helps.
Phil
Old 02-28-2014, 05:23 AM   #86
poondangle
Slow

Oddometer: 1,050
I finally had the chance to wear the mx442 helmet for some serious hours yesterday. I wore it from around 9am to 6pm, only breaking for lunch. Mostly off-road, with a few short road sections. High speed stuff and low speed stuff.

First, it fits as good as my Arai. No question about that. It was more comfortable by the end of the day because it is so much lighter. I had very little neck fatigue.

It fit fine with my Scott goggles. I wear contacts mostly, but I did try wearing my glasses. It is hard to get my wire framed glasses into the helmet. The ear pads didn't want to cooperate there. My Arai wins in that department.

At speeds over 75, the peak did feel a bit like a kite. I will adjust it's position today. It was surprisingly quiet at speed though. I was very surprised

All in all, so far, I give it an A. I'll race (well, as slow as I am, that's a relative statement) Sandblast rally Saturday. I'll give another update then.
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:01 AM   #87
clint64
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Spoke with Brian at Atomic Moto last night and placed an order for a MX 453. Look forward to receiving the helmet and posting up my thoughts.
clint64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:13 AM   #88
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint64 View Post
Spoke with Brian at Atomic Moto last night and placed an order for a MX 453. Look forward to receiving the helmet and posting up my thoughts.
Very cool, clint64. I'll look forward to your review.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #89
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

LS2 Helmets MX453 Adventure as told by LS2's Reg Kittrelle.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #90
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

LS2's Phil Ammendolia astride a Dick Mann BSA Goldstar Dual Sport

Hi all,

Working for LS2 is not ALL about helmets. I get to do and see some pretty cool things. About 6 months ago, I was visiting some close friends of mine and they showed me a box of rusty, corroded old parts that they were sending to the legendary Dick Mann. A few weeks later, he had turned that box of parts into this.

Yep, it is street legal. It has the original style "Made in England" sticker on the frame, and on the swing arm, in a very similar font a sticker that says "Remade in Nevada." Pretty cool and I thought you all might like to see it.