User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #121
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Oddometer: 178
Atomic-Moto does a video review of the LS2 Helmets MX456

Thanks to http://www.atomic-moto.com/ for a well done video review of the LS2 MX456.

LS2 Helmets MX456 off-road motorcycle helmet.
Phil_Ammendolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:13 AM   #122
B3EAR
Sheepdog

Oddometer: 127
Phil,

Anyword on the LS2 dual visor helmet? Found some pics but don't see it on the website. I believe its called the MX455 or TSS? Is it available in the states?

Thanks

B3EAR

B3EAR screwed with this post 04-09-2014 at 05:17 AM
B3EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #123
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3EAR View Post
Phil,

Anyword on the LS2 dual visor helmet? Found some pics but don't see it on the website. I believe its called the MX455 or TSS? Is it available in the states?

Thanks

B3EAR
Hi B3EAR,

The MX455 isn't DOT approved, so we're not planning on bringing it to the U.S. Right now, we offer the MX453 only.

Thanks,
Phil
Old 04-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #124
B3EAR
Sheepdog

Oddometer: 127
Thanks Phil.

Not to be a buzzkill but in another thread someone mentioned they spoke to an LS2 rep who told him LS2 sold the the MX455 design to Bilt for US distribution. Not sure if thats true but from the looks of it that seems to be the case. ???

Here's the link to that thread. If the link doesn't work, Its under equipment...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=968207&page=2

I wonder if the quality is still there or if the Bilt model is sh..??? Help Phil, Help!!!
B3EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:23 PM   #125
ADVAric
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Ls2 ff386

I recently purchased a LS2 FF386 Helmet. I bought it the same day I brought home my new S10. I have owned several other brands of helmets. I can not say enough about the quality of this helmet. I have never been happier with a helmet purchase. The price of this helmet is a deal for what you are getting. Just wanted to voice my experience with this product and give it two thumbs up.
ADVAric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #126
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3EAR View Post
Thanks Phil.

Not to be a buzzkill but in another thread someone mentioned they spoke to an LS2 rep who told him LS2 sold the the MX455 design to Bilt for US distribution. Not sure if thats true but from the looks of it that seems to be the case. ???

Here's the link to that thread. If the link doesn't work, Its under equipment...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=968207&page=2

I wonder if the quality is still there or if the Bilt model is sh..??? Help Phil, Help!!!
Hi again, B3EAR,

We have confidentiality agreements with all OEM customers. I'm the V.P. of sales and marketing and I personally deal only with LS2. I make a point of not knowing who our OEM customers are so I don't slip and violate the agreements. I can tell you that if one of my reps said so, they are only guessing. We don't make our OEM customer info available to them.

I can tell you, if an OEM customer has a model built by us and sells it in the U.S. it meets or exceeds DOT requirements for sure. Our factory would not sell it to a U.S. customer if it didn't.

Sorry for the lack of info, but I'm sure you understand.

Do you live somewhere that you can get to a store and compare them? That is always the best way to be certain.

Keep me posted.
Phil
Old 04-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #127
tedmarshall
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 518
Fogging solution for 386 modular?

Fogs up easily. Do I attach a 2d shield onto the pins on either side of the stock shield? Buy a special shield? Advice please.
Ted
tedmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:51 PM   #128
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmarshall View Post
Fogs up easily. Do I attach a 2d shield onto the pins on either side of the stock shield? Buy a special shield? Advice please.
Ted
Hi tedmarshall,

The pins you see are for a Pinlock insert. Pinlock is one of the best fog resistant products on the market and is used by many of the top brands of helmets on the market today. The part # is 02-420. You should be able to get it through any LS2 dealer.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Phil
Old 04-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #129
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Hein Gericke Germany joins LS2 Helmets!

BIG NEWS for LS2 Helmets. The owners of LS2 have purchased Hein Gericke Germany! This photo was taken of the two teams in Europe at the formal announcement.

It will likely be early next year before we see any product here in the U.S., but stay tuned. I'll do my best to keep you up to date.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:04 PM   #130
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Helmet Impact. Where you're most likely to hit your head in a crash?

LS2 Helmets believes (and many studies show) that you are far better off wearing ANY certified helmet when it comes to surviving a motorcycle accident, and we provide a wide variety of helmets that will work for pretty much any type of riding/style preference. But like with most things, there may be more you care about than simple survival. We want you to make the best choice for you and to the end, we feel the better educated you are, the better the decision you can make.

The Ancient One, Reg Kittrelle made this video to clearly show what part of your head is most likely to impact in the event of an accident.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:02 AM   #131
12Bong13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
I have a question about the MX455 helmet. I know that it is not imported in the US, but I hope you can answer my question.

I got mine overseas last summer and the helmet works and feels great. I really love the ''pump'' style cheek pads, I assume that it works on the same principal as the MX 456 helmet.

2 weeks ago I took the helmet on a 1 week off road trip in Morocco. On the last day of the trip, the cheek pads did not keep the air any more. They would slowly deflate.
The leak comes from the connection of the pad to the air port. I wonder if this occured because of all the dust from 1 week of riding.

I was wondering if you heard of this problem before (on the MX456) for example where this helmet as been in harsh conditions like the Dakar..

Can you offer a solution for this fix as I love the helmet and would hate to not be able to use it.

Thanks!
12Bong13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:46 PM   #132
red450
WEE-A-BOO

Oddometer: 309
Are there different shell sizes for the MX453?
Old 04-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #133
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,812
Interested to see products from the merger with Hein Gericke.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #134
Shunka
Supervision Required

Oddometer: 3,742
Any new news on when the MX453 in White will be available? Hoping to get one by next week for WARPED.
Shunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #135
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunka View Post
Any new news on when the MX453 in White will be available? Hoping to get one by next week for WARPED.
Hi Shunka,

The white MX453's just arrived in S, M, L, and XL. You can order them at your favorite LS2 dealer.

Thanks,
Phil