ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #31
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
Prayers to you Mike that the Lord may protect and heal you.I don't have cancer but I lost my dad to Acute lymphocytic cancer,sepsis killed him in less then a month from dx because his bone marrow was shotMom got stage 4 ovarian cancer managed to live 3.5 years before it metastasized and consumed her. Life is short and I dread that day when I will no longer be able to get up and ride.Sometimes I have days I cant get going,too depressed etc and then I regret not riding as its one less day in my life. I will be ale to ride. I wish I could ride w you but I live in Jersey.Besides my uncle whos gone Im the only one in my whole family that got the add gene and Ride.I wouldn't trade it for nothing ! Godbless and prayers to You Mike
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #32
Mikengrace
Have KLR Go Anywhere

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
Prayers to you Mike that the Lord may protect and heal you.I don't have cancer but I lost my dad to Acute lymphocytic cancer,sepsis killed him in less then a month from dx because his bone marrow was shotMom got stage 4 ovarian cancer managed to live 3.5 years before it metastasized and consumed her. Life is short and I dread that day when I will no longer be able to get up and ride.Sometimes I have days I cant get going,too depressed etc and then I regret not riding as its one less day in my life. I will be ale to ride. I wish I could ride w you but I live in Jersey.Besides my uncle whos gone Im the only one in my whole family that got the add gene and Ride.I wouldn't trade it for nothing ! Godbless and prayers to You Mike
RebelYell.
I truly appreciate your concern and prayers. Life is truly short. Going through something like this helps you appreciate that. I have been blessed with a great life, a wonderful wife and kids. I have ridden all my life and will continue too, until I can no longer get on my bike. I'm sorry cancer has been such a challenge in your family. I pray you will not have to face it yourself. Your generous wish to ride with me if it were not for the distance that separates us means much to me. I am at the point where I really should not ride by myself anymore. Especially off road or in remote places. I have gotten too weak to be sure I can pick up my bike in a fall. Plus my bones are very brittle. But riding is very much a part of who I am. I don't live to ride but I do ride to live. Thank you and God Bless.
Mike
Mikengrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #33
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Yeah I pray everyday im not afflicted by cancer.Its one of my biggest fears in life more so then having a get off on my bike.i try to keep up w my health n my attitude is living well is the best revenge. when its ones time to go I guess its your time.thank you for the kind words.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:47 PM   #34
Mikengrace
Have KLR Go Anywhere

Quote:
Yeah I pray everyday im not afflicted by cancer.Its one of my biggest fears in life more so then having a get off on my bike.i try to keep up w my health n my attitude is living well is the best revenge. when its ones time to go I guess its your time.thank you for the kind words.
I was given 3 months about 3 1/2 years ago. I'm still here and still riding. I have far to much to live for. If not for having my wife to wake up to every day and my desire to live for every minute with her I can get, I may have given up long ago. You need a reason to fight when it gets like this. With out one I don't know if I could fight so long and so hard. God Bless you. Thanks for hour prayers.
Mike C.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #35
SFMCjohn

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikengrace View Post
I was given 3 months about 3 1/2 years ago. I'm still here and still riding. I have far to much to live for. If not for having my wife to wake up to every day and my desire to live for every minute with her I can get, I may have given up long ago. You need a reason to fight when it gets like this. With out one I don't know if I could fight so long and so hard. God Bless you. Thanks for hour prayers.
Mike C.
Hey Mike C.,

Great to meet you and woodsxr this weekend!

We'll be back in Hollister Hills on April 19-20th ...
Be a lot of guys to ride with ...

And we'll be at or near Mercey Hot Springs April 6th ... camping out ...

see you soon,
-- John A.
IBA#'98onaEX500
SFMCjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #36
Mikengrace
Have KLR Go Anywhere

Thanks John.

John.
It was great to meet you as well. Sorry we did not stay longer and ride with you. That was my first day out in quite awhile and I got tired pretty fast. But, it was a good trial run for me. Thank you for the invitation to join you at Mercy Hot Springs and again at Hollister in April. I will do my best to be there and actually ride with you guys. Thanks for including us in the pictures and sending them to us. Your club seems like a great group of people. Please include me in anything coming this way. Due to my illness, overnighters are very difficult for me. But, meeting up with you guys for a days ride would be great.
Thanks again. It was great to meet you.
Mike C.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:13 PM   #37
SFMCjohn

Hey Mike C.,

Here's another of you and Ken ...

I'll keep you posted ... We should be camping out at or near Mercey on April 6th,
and will probably be riding through Hollister in the AM ...

I really enjoy the Hollister Hills campouts (April 19-20) because people can
show up whenever their schedule permits, and find us easily ...
we had people showing up and leaving all weekend ...
so don't sweat the camping, folks just want everyone to come on out
on their bikes when they can!

Thanks for the kind words about the club ...
we were founded in 1904 and three of the original members
owned three different motorcycle dealerships (Thor, Indian and
Henderson, I guess) ...
so we've always been more about how wonderful motorcycles
are, rather than any one brand ... and we don't take ourselves
very seriously ... Just an old artifact from before the Internet, ha.

Super nice to meet you ... we're all inspired by your story.

see you on the trail!
-- John A.
IBA#'98onaEX500
Old 03-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #38
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Was just gonna email to see how you were doing Mike.Glad to see your out and about and still ripping it up Right now By me its soo cold and so much snow and ice on the ground I wont ride off road. My luck Ill break something.Last time I rode snow and Ice I was in a farmers field on the outter edges on an off camber,1 minute I was upright next minute I was looking up w bike on me.Didnt break anything but it could of ended bad thank god.So Im living vicariously and dangerously thru you west coasters w no snow on the groundI cant wait to ride right now tho its already march.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #39
Mikengrace
Have KLR Go Anywhere

Quote:
Was just gonna email to see how you were doing Mike.Glad to see your out and about and still ripping it up Right now By me its soo cold and so much snow and ice on the ground I wont ride off road. My luck Ill break something.Last time I rode snow and Ice I was in a farmers field on the outter edges on an off camber,1 minute I was upright next minute I was looking up w bike on me.Didnt break anything but it could of ended bad thank god.So Im living vicariously and dangerously thru you west coasters w no snow on the groundI cant wait to ride right now tho its already march.
Hey RebelYell.
Sorry to hear you are still battling the weather back there. Our weather has been great for riding, but we need more rain. We are facing a real drought. Yes I have been able to ride some lately. I can't last much longer than an hour or two before I'm exhausted and hurting, but I'm out there. Thank you for thinking about me and asking. Hope you get to ride soon.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:41 PM   #40
Hesaid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 930
Mike,

I didn't want you to think that we'd forgotten about you. We're still trying to see when we can make it up your way. I figure we'll need to make it a three day weekend for us. One day to get to Hollister, one day to meet/ride with you, then one day to get home. My understanding is that you don't want to go out alone, so we'd need to meet you in town, and then ride from there. What do you know of the SF club's Mercy Hotsprings plan? I wonder if something could be made to work for that weekend? After all, We've also got to meet this John character whose exploits we've read about online. We read quite a bit of he and his wife's blog when we first started riding, or rather, when we sat around waiting for Shesaid's wrist to heal so we could start riding. Motorcycles and a canoe wedding?

MV
Old 03-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #41
Mikengrace
Have KLR Go Anywhere

Hello Hesaid.
Thanks much for your thoughts and concerns. Meeting up with you for a ride would be great. All I know about the SF's club ride at Mercy is that is scheduled for April 6th week end. SFMCJOHN is quite a character and a nice guy. He told me anyone and everyone is invited to their rides. I am able to ride to most locations on my own. It is the off road part I am concerned about. I have great difficulty righting my bike in even a simple tip over. Since I am retired and committed only to hospital visits every couple of weeks, I am available most any time to ride. So when ever is good for you, I will work with. Keep in mind I cannot predict when or how my health will be a factor as I have good days and bad days. Also over nighters are difficult for me, because the damage to my back prevents me from sleeping on the ground and my medication routine means I have to be home at nights. But I do my best to live life as normally as possible. I am looking forward to meeting and riding with you in the future. Keep in touch. Ride safe.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #42
SFMCjohn

Mercey, Hollister Hills, April ...

Hey Hesaid and Mikengrace,

Yes, our plan is to be a Mercey Hot Springs on April 5th, and at Hollister Hills on the 18, 19 and 20th ... we should have a group leaving from SF on Saturday morning, or folks can simply meet us there ...

Love to see you guys whenever it works for you!

I'll keep an eye on Mike's threads, and usually post up in the Bay Area Adventure Riders Club thread ...

On April 5th we can probably hook up with Mike at Tres Pinos, if he's feeling like a ride on that day ...

I'm sure well be able to ride a bit with Mike sometime this season ... looking forward to seeing Hesaid and Shesaid, too!
--SFMCjohn
IBA#'98onaEX500
Old 03-09-2014, 04:49 PM   #43
Mikengrace
Have KLR Go Anywhere

Thanks SFMCJOHN .
I appreciate your checking up on me. I hope to join you guys on both Mercy and Hollister weekends. At least for a day. God Bless. Ride safe.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #44
Mikengrace
Have KLR Go Anywhere

Little brother to my KLR650

Hey guys. I just bought the little brother to my KLR650. I bought a new 2014 KLX 250. After spending big bucks trying to get my 650 to be a dirt bike. I finally decided that even though, it is much better now, it is still a big heavy bike. One which I will crash hard on sooner or later and it won't be pretty. With my illness only making me weaker with time, I decide it get a bike I can handle better off road. I've only ridden it home thus far. Will put some miles on it this week. Do any of you have experience with this bike. Let me know what you think.
God Bless. Mike C.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:00 AM   #45
SFMCjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikengrace View Post
Hey guys. I just bought the little brother to my KLR650. I bought a new 2014 KLX 250. After spending big bucks trying to get my 650 to be a dirt bike. I finally decided that even though, it is much better now, it is still a big heavy bike. One which I will crash hard on sooner or later and it won't be pretty. With my illness only making me weaker with time, I decide it get a bike I can handle better off road. I've only ridden it home thus far. Will put some miles on it this week. Do any of you have experience with this bike. Let me know what you think.
God Bless. Mike C.
Hey Mike,

Congrats on the new bike!

A friend had one of the kick-only KLX 250s, she rode it on a bunch of Sheetiron 300s ... I think button is the way to go ...

We'll be down your way this weekend, posted up some info here on the BAARC thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=4578

Hope to see you ... If not we'll be at Hollister Hills April 18th ...

see you out there,
-- SFMCjohn
IBA#'98onaEX500