User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
B1KSOLO OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
How about a BJ Baldwin 2014 ?

Okay here's my deal, after two years of cheering on Robby Gordon and then watching the first three stages of the this years Dakar. I've given up on RG, I mean WFT how tough is it to get a fucking car to run right before you go out to race . So here's my deal I don't know much about BJ. I know he's an icon in Baja which I truly love, he's doesn't talk crap about anybody and has always been a class act. So I'm directing my energy to BJ's effort in the dakar. I'm not sure how he will your end up in the Dakar this year but hopefully it will be good and hopefully we will see him in the Dakar for many years to come.
B1KSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1KSOLO View Post
Okay here's my deal, after two years of cheering on Robby Gordon and then watching the first three stages of the this years Dakar. I've given up on RG, I mean WFT how tough is it to get a fucking car to run right before you go out to race .
I've met them both a couple of times and they are both.....meh. As nice as they need to be.

Quote:
So here's my deal I don't know much about BJ. I know he's an icon in Baja which I truly love, he's doesn't talk crap about anybody and has always been a class act. So I'm directing my energy to BJ's effort in the dakar. I'm not sure how he will your end up in the Dakar this year but hopefully it will be good and hopefully we will see him in the Dakar for many years to come.
Well, you better start hopping and wishing now because BJ's new car has Vapor locked itself into a near 3 hour deficit on Ho-Hummer NoGo-irdini.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
B1KSOLO OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
I've met them both a couple of times and they are both.....meh. As nice as they need to be.

Well, you better start hopping and wishing now because BJ's new car has Vapor locked itself into a near 3 hour deficit on Ho-Hummer NoGo-irdini.
Crap I wish I known that before I posted
Old 01-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #4
cross-country

Quote:
I know nothing about them but I thought it was cool to see the old dude in the El Martillo car (he is Canadian?) seemed like he a good chap. Team is Mex/US/Can I think.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #5
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,849
BJ is a great guy as is RG
I know them both and IMO BJ has a long way to go to reach Robby's level

BTW I like the smack talk that RG throws down
Old 01-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #6
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,781
Two completely different animals. I have pitted and chased for both of them for several different seasons.

Rubby on the other hand is very powerful when it comes to selling himself. To quote his dad "Baja Bob": "He's his own worst enemy". He's in the process of proving it again this year.

BJ has much more talent than people know or are willing to give him credit for. His quiet nature makes him awkward and not real personable. I think that the Quinn & BJ combination is extremely powerful and the car is holding them back.

I hope BJ finishes ahead of Rubby just so Rubby will have to eat his "dreaming" words.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #7
hexaroot
n00b

Oddometer: 9
I find the small American rivalry fun to watch, friends or not they clearly don't want to lose to each other. RG's energy will always make me a fan, the man can sell himself, no doubt about it. BJ is a machine, unfortunately his car this year is not... smart driver, patient, not one of RG's strongest traits. Expect some late stage top tens! Maybe even some top threes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hexaroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #8
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaroot View Post
I find the small American rivalry fun to watch, friends or not they clearly don't want to lose to each other. RG's energy will always make me a fan, the man can sell himself, no doubt about it. BJ is a machine, unfortunately his car this year is not... smart driver, patient, not one of RG's strongest traits. Expect some late stage top tens! Maybe even some top threes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And if robby doesn't get a top ten finish expect him to say "if we didn't have an issue with the truck we would have won". Or "if we didn't roll we would have won". Or if ... Well you get the point.

He talks of how bad ass his truck and he is but every year he proves otherwise then the "ifs" start.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #9
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
BJ has much more talent than people know or are willing to give him credit for. His quiet nature makes him awkward and not real personable. I think that the Quinn & BJ combination is extremely powerful and the car is holding them back.
While I don't know BJ personally, I have been following his racing through both FB and Twitter for the last year +. Based solely on what he provides via Social Media, BJ is anything but quiet.

It is a bummer the EVR buggies are doing so poorly. I think BJ's driving talent is being severely hampered by his equipment.

He mentioned in a FB post about this year providing a lot of valuable experience. I sure hope he follows through and puts as much effort into next years race as he does the Baja Races. If so, I think he might be our best hope for an American to stand on the top step of the podium.

Uller screwed with this post 01-09-2014 at 11:03 AM
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #10
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,700
Quote:

and 8 hours off the lead. Sorry to Rubby it in.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #11
B1KSOLO OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Sorry to Rubby it in.
Lol. ouch that hurts
Old 01-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #12
rwahl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
I thought modern pressurized fuel injection pretty much made vapor lock a thing of the past. Why is RG struggling with it so much? Can someone enlighten me? Why didn't this show in testing?
rwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #13
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,656
How many other drivers give you this on an (almost) daily basis?

----------
From BJ's FB Page
----------
Day 5. 900 kilometer special today with some dunes. Hope to have a clean day.

Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #14
cross-country

didn't do enough windshield testing....I would have done way more
Old 01-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #15
B1KSOLO OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post